Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]
Ordinary Life Series: String in the Park (Hiatus AFAICS) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ivypoison92

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:46 pm
F-XylilShrink

Lunus could easily understood why Frank could not have a tattoo. His mother was a follower of the temple gods, which made him think of his tattoos fondly. She always threw a fit when she saw his tattoos or remembered that he worked in a tattoo parlor. The elf listened attentively to Elvis and his brothers, learning more about the man than he usually did by watching him perform music. So he was an investor. Lunus pitied his secretary, "So you aren't a corporate guy. Just an investor?" He asked with a playful smirk. "Let's hope you don't work your secretary too hard."

Clearly Elvis had an interesting family. Out of the corner of his eye, he watched for any of his brothers in case they decided him punching one out was not enough of a reason to avoid him at the moment.

Ooc: Soo sorry for the late reply. This week was very long..  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Elvis chuckled softly as his brothers did so too. "You should ask him to have one of the fast food joints he invests in bring back a favorite menu item, been a while since I've had something from my childhood." Frank noted as Elvis only brushed him off but chuckled. "Well I may not be a corporate type of guy, well I don't think someone like me would enjoy that, but being an investor means I get a lot in return and I help keep things moving and making sure the folks who're doing the actual labor work gets looked after and bring their moral up." Elvis smiled when a few janitors walked by waved at him as he waved back. "Besides I only let Nicki handle the small kine meetings, the really, really, really important ones are the ones we both go to which haven't happened yet, but I do help her out... once in a while." Elvis said with a nervous chuckle as Frank and the other looked at him with arms crossed. Elvis just focused on Lunus but can feel the gaze of his brothers. "Okay not always." Elvis giving smile but not wanting to see the judgemental faces of his older brothers. Elvis doesn't help out his secretary at all from the look Frank and the others are giving him.

"So~~~ you're fam runs a dojo huh?" Wanting to change the subject a lil as he leans towards Lunus' direction. "Think I can join? Must be a fun practice to see in the city."

Ivypoison92

Ooc: That's okay, don't stress yourself out or anything. But if you'd want to put the RP on hold for time being, lemme know okay.  

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500

Ivypoison92

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:47 pm
F-XylilShrink

Elvis chuckled, "Depends on the place I'm ordering from. I'm more of a pita sandwich eater than anything else." He really felt sorry for the poor woman who had to handle his duties for him. He doubted Elvis even bothered to try to help her from the looks his brothers had towards the male though he had to admire at how he tried to change the subject. Deciding to humor the poor man, Lunus sighed. Talking about his family was not his idea of fun.

"Depends. My father is a very strict teacher and likes to talk about dedication and working hard. I wouldn't be part of the dojo if I was not part of the family, apparently all the sons are to train in the sword style of the northern winds. And the dojo is a hour's walk from the city, so not very close for some. "You can ask and see if he'll let you join. Though I feel for you, Frank. My mother's a temple god follower as well. She throws a fit every time she sees my tattoos. I think my first few was intially thought of to annoy her and my father."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:57 am

"Oh kiddo, if you knew my wife, you'd wanna go hide in a corner and make sure she doesn't notice you if you made a slip up. Your mom must be a nice lady, but my wife might not be that friendly." Frank says as he looks around, they all came here with their family and the two other married men comfort their brother though they also watched their back as well. Elvis giggled as he looks at Lunus and points at the three, "These three are a prime example of average joes, they're white collar office workers, they've got wives, and they're afraid of getting scolded." Elvis whispered the last part though he too also ducked his head a bit as he also knew how their wives are like.

Though straightening himself up, Elvis crossed his arms and had a bit of a duck face as he looked at Lunus, "Hmm so pita sandwiches gives those kinda of curves huh?" Elvis studying Lunus and wonders as he looks at himself, though he didn't mind his own figure and doesn't mind Lunus' either. Suddenly out of nowhere, three women can be heard shouting out the names of the three as they scattered before saying a quick good bye to Elvis who leans into Lunus for cover. The three women still saw Elvis and Lunus as they just waved at him before they went on the hunt for their husbands. "That's another reason why I didn't attended the meeting last night, I was invited to a family dinner, I actually wanted to order Korean and binge on Netflix, but they don't take no for an answer. They're good people though, wives are just scary." Elvis giggled still leaning onto Lunus.

Ivypoison92

Ooc:  

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500

Ivypoison92

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:00 am
F-XylilShrink

Their wives sounded just like his mother, who could be a true beast if he did not cover his tattoos, which he rarely did. At most she ignored him and preferred dealing with his brothers. "She's not always nice." The words were whispered under his breath, but he turned his mind to the brothers in front of him. Watching the men scatter and nodding to their wives, who all seemed rather pretty. He glanced at Elvis, "Actually my family's customs are to train for three hours solid again. I doubt I can gain weight from pita sandwiches with that hectic of a training schedule. I usually do my training after I finish work at the parlor." Even if he was exhausted, he could not miss training.

He let Elvis lean again, not minding having his crush close. "Yes, they can be. May I never wed."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:07 am

Being a bit bold, Elvis just leaned into Lunus for a while longer before a thought about Lunus's family routine came up as he wraps an arm around the dark elf's arm, thumbing the biceps a little and giving them a bit of a poke. Elvis awed at the elf's build with a bit of envy, wishing he could have a steady workout routine and the willpower to do so. Well it's also another sense to admire the elf for sticking with training and being in good shape, might even give Elvis a bit of modivation to at least try. "Well I guess if I ever need to get in shape again, I might consider heading out to your family dojo." Elvis giggled as he rests his head on the elf's shoulder, it might not be something normal people would do, but, Elvis isn't normal one bit as he looked comfortable being this close, later he began to converse with Lunus in a bit of idle chatter.

Ivypoison92

Ooc:  

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500

Ivypoison92

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:48 pm
F-XylilShrink

Lunus held back a blush and listened to Elvis while responding to some of his idle chatter till the sky started to darken and he could see some of the stars. His stomach then growled as it reminded him that he did need to eat. He'd already spoke with the parlor the evening before after he finished sparring with his father to let them know that he might be too sore to work. He glanced at Lunus, leaning against him and smiled. "Well, Mr. Investor, do you have any family dinners to attend? If you don't, I know a good korean restuarant that's open late.It'd be a shame to eat alone."

He figured he'd see a friend after dinner to spend a few days away from home. It was best to avoid training till he was less sore. And it would make his family mad, but he was mad at them anyway. Might as well try to enjoy some time with others.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:49 am
"Oh~ Taking me out for dinner?" Elvis giggled and thinks for a minute to see if his schedule is open. After a chuckle, Elvis shakes his head, "Nah, I'm free tonight, besides, it's the final day for the pilgrims so it's mostly a huge feast for them, non-followers of the families could attend but they don't have too and besides, I'm down for some Korean digs. Might be way better than a mere ham sandwich and a TV." Giving Lunus' arm a slight squeeze before letting go to grab his guitar, Elvis gets up on his feet tossing the strap over his shoulder and wait for his date as he towards the dark elf.

"Well it'll be my first time trying Korean food since I'm a bit picky with my food, well it's mostly because the meetings I have to attend are always during lunch and these business guys are always trying to impress me with fancy foods and expensive course meals." Looking back, the food wasn't all that bad, but the meetings were just business, nothing else, though Elvis noted that since he got bored of having to go eat at expensive places, his secretary would take his place and laughs that even though she wishes he'd attend, she gets to eat a lot of really fancy food. Taking out his phone, Elvis showed a picture of him and his secretary in a selfie, he pointed at the young formally dressed woman who's enjoying her food.

"Well now I'm hungry, come on young one, food beckons us." teasing Lunus for calling him Mr. Investor as he waves at a few people passing by.

Ivypoison92

Ooc:  

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500

Ivypoison92

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:14 pm
F-XylilShrink

Lunus chuckled at his words and marveled at how happy the young woman looked eating such nice food. Lunus never had fancy food. The places he ate at away from his family home was cheap and offered simple food. A lot of the places were nontraditonal as well. He led the way, nodding to others as they passed. A few he knew and others he did not. The city always had more people during the pilgrimage than any other time. But the hole in the wall place he had in mind was one that only locals went to.

It took him about ten minutes to lead the way to it, passing the shopping district and going into the warehouse district. He looked for a small sign with a rabbit on it. The rabbit was an odd pinkish color. Once he spotted the sign, he turned left into the alleyway, nodding to several workmen, who seemed to be relaxing after a long day. One even greeted him, allow Lunus to introduce Elvis to them. "Elvis, meet two of the parlor's favorite customers, the twins, Nick and Olaf. They work down at the docks. Nick's the one on the left with the bird on the back of his hand and Olaf is one with the scar through his eye.

Nick was a tall man who seemed more orc than elf even if he was mixed with both. Olaf was a little shorter than his brother, but was a former soldier. Their father was an orc that was in the army and their elven mother was a cook. Both were friendly and nodded to Elvis. "Its odd to see Lunus with anyone, but its nice to meet you, Elvis. Maybe you're the one who makes him blush so much." Lunus fought back a blush, heading into a door across from them. "They sell food in here, Elvis." He grabbed a seat at the bar and nodded to a thin man behind it, "I'll be starting with steamed buns."  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:12 am
Looking around inside the restaurant, it felt nice being in a totally different environment than the one he's always brought over to and thinking back on the twins he was introduced to, Elvis could only think that those two might only be the orcs he's been introduced to and couldn't help but titter at the statement one of them said about Lunus blushing and couldn't help if he was the cause behind Lunus' state. With Lunus going for steam buns, Elvis gave them a good look and they do look tasty as the faint smell roused a bit before his own stomach growled slightly, though it was a bit noticeable and Elvis himself fighting back a blush but in a cool suave kinda way as if it's nothing too embarrassing for him. "Well I guess I'll have what you're having, but I kinda wonder if it's my buns you're talking about." a flirty tease at Lunus and taking a seat next to the dark elf, Elvis couldn't help it whenever he teases someone he knows.

The place itself being a few ways away from the busiest part of the street, the décor and ambience really change how things are in different parts of the city and having a bit of a tour towards their destination made Elvis quite happy to have met Lunus for this experience that might never happen if he never met the dark elf.

Ivypoison92

Ooc:  

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500

Ivypoison92

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:15 am
F-XylilShrink

The thin man behind the bar nodded at his words and prepared buns by hand, even folding by hand. A few minutes of steaming and the chef sat a plate of a mixture of veggie and beef buns in front of Elvis. "Pleas enjoy." The man's voice was lightly accented. Lunus did blush at the tease and smiled at him before eating one of his buns. He loved all the hole in the wall type of places. Not too crowded, but the food was good. "Could be," he answered before ordering some ribs with kimichi, "White rice please. What do you want, Elvis? They have ribs and even pork stickers. I recommand some of their soups."

The chef started to make his order, putting ribs on a hot grill, cooking them with a practiced hand.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:40 am
The menus seems inciting and delicious, with recommendations for the restaurant's soup was also something Elvis figured he try as he puts in a few orders, a bite of some of the buns the chef offered lit up his face as he soon enjoyed the second both veggie and beef. Looking around a bit more and enjoying another bite of a bun, the appeal of the place sinks in and the seeing the comfy interior and good yet not crowded area. Elvis could see the major difference a place like this is compared to a much bigger yet crowded 3 or 5 stared restaurant. A sudden memory of his past came as he soon reminisce in both Lunus's company and the restaurant the dark elf chose for them to eat at.

The smell coming off the grill drew Elvis's attention as he watched the meat cook in front of him, embers dance as they fly up and the heat cooks the ribs. A though came up as Elvis wonders about the restaurant for a bit before asking, "Do they serve alcohol here too? A strong beverage would go nice with anything that's grill wouldn't it?" he wonders as he looked at both Lunus and the chef with curious eyes.

Ivypoison92

Ooc: Sorry for the long wait, trying to self-improve my lack of vocabulary and rookie writing.  

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500
~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers