Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Thanks A Brunch ~ OPEN And Hiring! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:20 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Thanks a Brunch Cafe
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Faye and Angier Zheng
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Brunch Meetings
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I hope I can help

Nora drew in a deep breath at Faye's solemn nod, releasing her breath as she spoke. "You could, in theory. It requires so many hours per class, per year, so doing magical studies after school would make for very long days. Unfortunately I can't really recommend those long days for kids. It'd be the equivalent of working two full time jobs, but as a wee lamb." She offered a small, maternal smile toward Angier, who seemed... a bit stressed. Honestly, she couldn't blame him. Faye then asked about bringing him on weekends, then told him he'd have to do any homework here. "Again, I can't personally agree that it's a good idea, particularly if you also keep him in muggle schooling. Beyond being noticeable, keeping all the magical schooling supplies at home, it's not good for Angier. That is a lot of hours, homework, and potential stress to put on someone very young, and dare I say, ill-equipped to handle that workload."

Just as she was about to speak up again, trying to advocate for the child before her, he spoke up on his own behalf. Well... sort of. He asked about classes, which was a wonderfully innocent change of pace. He only paused only to cheer for his waffles. Nora also thanked the young server, carefully taking a bite of her pancakes. Angier had a couple more questions, his excitement showing through each word. "There is a music class, though it's an elective at third year. There is also a music club, as well as clubs for just about everything. You'd be able to look in telescopes in Astronomy class, which was one of my favorites when I was a student. Cooking spells are part of Charms, typically, but I believe there's a cooking club as well. As for the classes... First years are required to be in Astronomy, Charms, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Herbology, History of Magic, Potions, and Transfiguration. They're all quite interesting in their own regard, though I bet you can guess which is my favorite." She offered a playful chuckle, a happy sparkle in her eye as she hoped to cheer up the young boy.

{{OoC: Wearing this and some short boots}}
addaellis

Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ, ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ɪɴ Cᴏɴᴇʏ Isʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡᴇ'ʟʟ ɢᴏ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
Sᴏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴀsᴋ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ ɴᴏ ᴡᴏʟꜰ
Bʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜɪɴs ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ Fᴇʀʀɪs ᴡʜᴇᴇʟ, sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜʀꜰ
Yᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʜᴇ's Cʜʀɪsᴛ-ʟɪᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪs ᴄʜɪʟᴅʟɪᴋᴇ
Sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪsʜ sᴡɪᴍᴍɪɴɢ ᴜᴘsᴛʀᴇᴀᴍ, ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪʟʟs
Wᴀɴᴛ ɴᴏ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ
Mʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ Cʜʀɪsᴛ-ʟɪᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪs ᴄʜɪʟᴅʟɪᴋᴇ
Hᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛʀʏ ɪɴ ʜɪs ᴛᴀᴛᴛᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴀɢs
As ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀɴᴅ ᴘʟᴀʏs ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɴᴛʜᴇᴍ, ʜᴇ ᴡʜɪsᴘᴇʀs, "Gᴏᴅ ʜᴀᴛᴇs ꜰʟᴀɢs"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:20 pm

User Image♩♯⌬
ANGIER HUIYAN ZHENG

10 years || private school student || Halfbood
violinist and cellist

Faye seemed a little miffed that her homeschooling/ tutoring plan was falling apart so quickly. Truthfully she wasn’t sure how he managed to always do his homework, stay on top of his violin and cello practice, and have time to socialize with her customers or Iain’s grad students, but she had long since accepted that Angier was a much better student than she was. Faye was about to say that Angier had always handled hard work and workloads very well when her son spoke up, bothering the governess with questions of the classes he might take at Hogwarts. Before she could re-rail the conversation, their meals had arrived and Governess Heulwen was responding cheerfully to his questions.

Angier jotted a few notes quickly in his notepad as Governess Heulwen mentioned the clases they took as first years. ”Herbology, right? Study of plants.” he replied, counting the notes he’d made. ”Seven classes. And clubs. Do we have to audition for the club or class?”

Angie was bursting with questions. What was Defense? Defense Against Dark Arts she had said. What kind of Dark Arts were there in modern times that they needed to prepare for? How was magical Astronomy different from nonmagical Astronomy?

But all of these were curiosity questions that could wait. He had to make an informed decision before his ma made it for him. As he waited until the women had started their meals before digging into his own, he asked a few more questions. ”Don’t see mathematics or sciences here. Are those electives too? Environmental or Social science? Any Physical Education? Are classes in English or Gaelic?”

setting Thanks a Brunch, lull between rushes, January 2054 || with Faye Zheng, Nora Heulwen
appearance 4’5” + glasses || wearing polo shirt and cardigan
status Okay but what am I learning?

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
'Cause you're a sky, 'cause you're a sky full of stars
I'm gonna give you my heart
'Cause you light up the path
⌬♩♯
"A Sky Full of Stars" by Coldplay. Cover by The Piano Guys.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:45 am
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Thanks a Brunch Cafe
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Faye and Angier Zheng
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Brunch Meetings
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I hope I can help

Nora noticed that Faye seemed upset, and the blonde couldn't help wondering if there might have been a better way to resolve the whole ordeal. Of course, she was a Ministry-Appointed Governess, meaning she had several rules to follow. One of which was always to make sure the child would be getting correct education... and if not, well. Luckily, Angier seemed to be guiding the conversation now, with questions about Hogwarts and classes. "That's right, I've always enjoyed Herbology. As for classes, there are seven to start. Once you reach third year, you'll be able to take any number of an additional fifteen classes, depending on what you'd like to study, as well as future careers. He also asked about clubs, and Nora had to think a moment on that one. It'd been a long time since she had been a student, after all. "I don't believe clubs have auditions, except perhaps the theater and music clubs. And none of the classes require auditions to join." She sent a small smile over to the boy, who seemed to be taking very serious notes on the topics.

The group all took a collective pause to eat a few bites, before Angier gathered a few more questions to be answered. "No, Hogwarts doesn't offer classes for mathematics or sciences, except what is used for other classes. You'll have some maths in Transfiguration, as well as Arithmancy, if you take that one. But for the most part, they expect students to have learned the fundamentals of those classes prior to attending Hogwarts. I must admit, I was worried about them as well when I was a wee first year. And the classes will be in English, though there is a language learning club you can join, to learn or teach languages from all over the world." Secretly Nora was still glad she hadn't been forced to doing more maths classes once at Hogwarts, but she probably shouldn't share that much. Honestly, she was worried how Faye would take the news that muggle schooling wouldn't continue if she elected to send Angier to Hogwarts.

After a sip of tea, Nora decided she had an idea for a way to possibly help with decisions. "I know it seems overwhelming. I was really afraid when a governor came to my house and told my family I was magical. It was a big change, to go to a school for most of the year. I remember being a nervous little first year, but I quickly made quite a few friends. The professors were really great as well, and each was so... passionate on their topics. It was so different to what I'd known in primary school, yet it had a wonderful familiarity. It seemed like so much more than a school. It was home, it was so... freeing. Sure, we had classes and things, but there was time to explore the grounds, make friends, and learn as we each did. I made some of my best friends there. In fact, one of the boys I befriended became my husband. So, even now that I'm long graduated, I still think of Hogwarts as a home. Even though I was sad to send my kids off to school, I knew that they were making wonderful memories and learning so much about the magical world around us... and I wouldn't trade that for anything. It was a wonderful experience for everyone, even though sometimes the days seemed long, I knew that my kids were safe and sound, and that I'd see them again. For lack of better words... it was magical. It's why I started on as a governess, actually. So I could help share my experiences with those that needed the reassurances, and to welcome young souls into the magical world." She looked over, specifically at Faye. The last part had been to try and help convince the woman that Angier would be safe, and he'd make all those wonderful memories as well. Plus, it wouldn't hurt Angier to hear her sappy tale either, she figured.

{{OoC: Wearing this and some short boots}}
addaellis

Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ, ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
Mᴇᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ɪɴ Cᴏɴᴇʏ Isʟᴀɴᴅ, ᴡᴇ'ʟʟ ɢᴏ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
Sᴏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴀsᴋ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ ɴᴏ ᴡᴏʟꜰ
Bʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜɪɴs ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ Fᴇʀʀɪs ᴡʜᴇᴇʟ, sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜʀꜰ
Yᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʜᴇ's Cʜʀɪsᴛ-ʟɪᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪs ᴄʜɪʟᴅʟɪᴋᴇ
Sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪsʜ sᴡɪᴍᴍɪɴɢ ᴜᴘsᴛʀᴇᴀᴍ, ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪʟʟs
Wᴀɴᴛ ɴᴏ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴀʟᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ, ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ
Mʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ Cʜʀɪsᴛ-ʟɪᴋᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀ ɪs ᴄʜɪʟᴅʟɪᴋᴇ
Hᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛʀʏ ɪɴ ʜɪs ᴛᴀᴛᴛᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴀɢs
As ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀɴᴅ ᴘʟᴀʏs ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɴᴛʜᴇᴍ, ʜᴇ ᴡʜɪsᴘᴇʀs, "Gᴏᴅ ʜᴀᴛᴇs ꜰʟᴀɢs"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:29 am

User Image♩♯⌬
ANGIER HUIYAN ZHENG

10 years || private school student || Halfbood
violinist and cellist

Angier listened carefully, noting things with little marks: no auditions meant there wasn’t a competitive music program. Fifteen electives. Seven core classes. He was confident in his math and science ability. Besides, Angie hadn’t yet encountered something that was terribly hard for him. As long as the classes were in english, he was sure he could learn as he had always.

Angier wasn’t too sure himself. Really, his big stake in this right now was figuring out how he could learn the most from both magical and non-magical things. Tutoring in Diagon Alley didn’t sound like a terrible thing if it let him do all that. But It sounded like clubs were kind of where a bunch of non-core learning could come from. Music was a definite club then, especially before third year. Maybe there would be a club for “learning nonmagical skills”. As long as he could come back and be a musician or professor still.

Next to him, Faye could care less about the curriculum. She had been through six years of something approximate, and she could count on one hand the classes that she thought were actually useful to her life now. She knew that if her husband were here, Iain would be...well, if Iain were here, they wouldn’t be having this problem. Faye’s concern was first and foremost to make sure Angie could get the magical training he needed without his father finding out, and without being able to vanish on her. After that it was making sure he got a quality magical education. Angie had always been more clever than her, and he got more out of his classes than she understood. The memories she was convinced he would do well wherever he was--her son was friendly that way. Really, if it were up to her, she would keep him here and tutor him herself. But she couldn’t do that.

Angier speared another strip of bacon as Governess Heulwen comforted them with her own experience. ”It was home, it was so... freeing.there was time to explore the grounds, make friends, and learn as we each did. … It's why I started on as a governess, actually. So I could help share my experiences with those that needed the reassurances, and to welcome young souls into the magical world.”

As Governess Heulwen spoke, Angie’s expression seemed to gain definition. From the ambivalent, maybe even contemplative look of earlier, he listened to this more personal take with a soft expression. Certain phrases stuck out to him--an overwhelming change, passionate professors, time to explore, best friends...it was a place she sent her own kids every year because she knew they were making precious, irreplaceable memories. He wasn’t sure if that was what convinced him--it sounded a little too much like sappy reminiscing--but it also sounded exciting in a way he knew he didn’t know. ”Informed decision. What allows you to learn the most?”

Faye didn’t know of magic that could do it, but it was like Governess Heulwen read into her memories and fears and worries and pulled out exactly the right words to alleve her doubts: ”Even though sometimes the days seemed long, I knew that my kids were safe and sound, and that I'd see them again. ”

She took a steadying breath. ”I...understand. He’d receive a much better magical education at Hogwarts than with a nondedicated tutor. And as long as it’s safe and you can be sure he’ll...well. Okay."

Angier nodded and turned back for his waffles, knowing the decision had been made. At least he knew what he could do to make the most of his time there. His Ma smiled a little, relieved that was one more thing settled. It was back to details. "Then….from here...what are our next steps? He’ll...oh! He’ll need his own wand. And can we store his magical equipment somewhere over the breaks?”

setting Thanks a Brunch, lull between rushes, January 2054 || with Faye Zheng, Nora Heulwen
appearance 4’5” + glasses || wearing polo shirt and cardigan
status Guess I'm going to Hogwarts Boarding School for Magic

I'm gonna give you my heart
'Cause you light up the path
⌬♩♯
"A Sky Full of Stars" by Coldplay. Cover by The Piano Guys.

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:30 pm

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

20 years || Slytherin alum || pureblood legilimens
Apprentice WandmakerxxxxxxHead of Family
xxxxxxxxOllivander'sxxxxxxxxxxxWinchester Foundation

"Taking a long lunch, be back around 2. I've got sample carvings on the workbench though and will finish maintenance on the backstock this afternoon." Wren mentioned to Damien, his mentor wandmaker, as he wrapped up his morning work. He squinted at the afternoon sun and strode up Diagon Alley purposely if slowly. It was just over an hour and a half before the brunch place closed– good, because even though he told Damien he was taking a long lunch, he didn’t really want to stay that late.

Wren held up two fingers in a surly greeting and picked a booth in the back. He glowered at the menu as he waited for Aspen to arrive. His friend had been mentioning her little scout camp idea for a while now, with more and more ideas and in greater and greater clarity. She’’d take young kids out to learn survival basics and camping. They’d learn basic herbology and magizoology. Have fun with other kids. Build a community.

Wren had gone to Mrs. Salazar who was managing the logistics for the Winchester Foundation and Robin, who somehow knew more about the Foundation than he ever had. He learned about how to start a grant, how the Foundation laid out budgets and gifts, and all that financial nonsense. He’d actually thought about all the child pedagogy he’d taken for granted in his own childhood. It was odd. He’d let the Foundation operate as usual for the six months since his parents and grandparents’ deaths. This…idea. It wasn’t a wand or a potions project, or even a crafting things. Even repairing his Estate–with only his own magic– had been something Wren knew something about.

Last week, Wren had looked up from his wine and met Aspen with a serious and focused gaze. . “You’re serious about this,” he realized, seeing the hope and intent in Aspen’s eyes. Green– like the forests they would learn in, like the plants they would care for. Fresh, green students. “You have a vision. I have money. Let’s make this happen.”

setting Breakfast for Lunch. Early Summer 2055 || with Just him and Dunce for now.
appearance 5'8", quite fit || wearing Black one shoulder-mantle and slacks.
status Looking forward to Aspenny's proposal.

Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow

✧✦
"The Hollow Men" by T.S. Elliot.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:03 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx❀ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Thanks a Brunch Cafe
xxx❀ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Wren, Dunce, Flik
xxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? An Interview, I think?
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? My heart feels like it's gonna explode.

Aspen had a lot on her mind. Most of it was about being an adult and buying a house and all that jazz, but also... what if her dream job could become a reality? She'd casually mentioned her thoughts to her friends before, and they all seemed... receptive? But when Wren said they could actually talk about making it a reality... well. They were supposed to be meeting up for a brunch sort of meal, but Aspen had been so nervous she'd completely bypassed breakfast. Why was she nervous, anyway? It was just Wren, right? But what if he came with a bunch of investor people? She apparated to Diagon Alley, trying to appear calm and collected, despite the bubbles of worry inside.

She pushed open the door to the brunch cafe, spotting Wren toward the front. He was scowling at a menu (indigestion or worse, Wren?), but he was thankfully alone. Sliding into a seat opposite him, Aspen cleared her throat softly. "So I've never done this before. This... interview thing. It's just... just you, right? No fancy guys in suits I'll need to impress?" Since she hadn't known earlier, she'd opted to dress nice, rather than her usual grubby self. Hopefully she'd get points for that either way. "Uhm, so what... what do we do? You know the basics... but I brought paperwork and stuff. I did all the math on... I dunno, costs and stuff. That's probably more your expertise, though." Color flushed her cheeks, the brunette worried that Wren would somehow not be her normal friend Wren, but some sort of... business monster.

{{Wearing :: Sage Green}}
          addaellis

Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅᴀᴍɴᴇᴅ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅᴀᴍɴᴇᴅ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ
          Sᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍɪɢʜᴛ ᴀs ᴡᴇʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅᴏ ᴡʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴᴛ
          Sᴏ, ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʟᴏᴛs ᴏғ ɴᴏɪsᴇ, ᴋɪss ʟᴏᴛs ᴏғ ʙᴏʏs
          Oʀ ᴋɪss ʟᴏᴛs ᴏғ ɢɪʀʟs ɪғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɪɴᴛᴏ
          Wʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴀɪɢʜᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴀʀʀᴏᴡ ɢᴇᴛs ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴛᴏᴏ sᴛʀᴀɪɢʜᴛ
          Rᴏʟʟ ᴜᴘ ᴀ ᴊᴏɪɴᴛ, (ᴏʀ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ)
          Jᴜsᴛ ғᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ɪᴛ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛs
          Cᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴡɪɴ ғᴏʀ ʟᴏsɪɴ', ʏᴏᴜ 'ʟʟ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴏɪɴᴛ 'ᴇᴍ
          Jᴜsᴛ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇᴀᴛ 'ᴇᴍ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ʏᴏᴜ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴊᴏɪɴ 'ᴇᴍ
          Fᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇᴠᴇʀ ɪᴛ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛs

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:27 pm

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

Wren glanced up to see Aspen walking in. She slid into the seat opposite him with a soft clear of her throat. He didn’t need any special legilimency to know she was nervous. Aspen had definitely overthought this– just look at the dress!

Wren’s expression immediately turned up in a devious grin. ”Hey Aspen, Flik. No, we’re waiting for a few people. Mrs. Salazar, who runs logistics, is coming with Robin later. I also took the liberty of inviting Mr. Azim Aindrias, the captain of this environmental research project we funded a while back. Hope you don’t mind. Have to make sure it’s a good investment and everything, you know? We’ll need to review your proposal and all your planning guidelines, particularly budget, deliverables, and timelines. I trust the ‘paperwork’ is the standard grant proposal document? ”

A relatively older man in a casual uniform approached them. Wren spoke first, standing up as though to introduce them. "Ah yes, and this is our youth educational consultant, Mr. Martin," Wren introduced, prompting the two to shake hands as he checked the name tag.

Aspen flushed and Wren’s smirk turned to a small chortle. Usually now Wren was somewhere between somber surliness and inappropriate maniacal laughter. But this was a small laugh, like the usual teasing banter he and the rest of the Potato Gang–or whatever stupid name Sparrow had named them–usually had. He missed this. It’d been too long since they just…relaxed around each other. Now whenever he saw his friends it was usually to thank them for babysitting his kid siblings.

Wren paused for Aspen's reaction--and the confused Martin's-- before calling off the charade by addressing Martin properly. "Right. Thanks for playing along. I'll have the Marmalade Mule and Mediterranean Omelette with extra bacon and sausage,” Wren ordered for the cat currently sprawled on a sunny rooftop outside.

Was it a good idea to drink in the middle of the afternoon? His tolerance wasn’t the problem, and he knew business meetings often had some kind of alcohol involved–nothing said good financial decision making like mind-altering drugs, right? Ah, but then Wren remembered Aspen wasn’t much for alcohol–plus she was most certainly behind the kick under the table. ”Ack. Actually, scratch that, could we get a pitcher of iced tea? Thanks awfully.”

He waited for Aspen's order and for Martin to leave them again before looking back at Aspen. He smirked again at her nervousness. ”Rude, Aspy-Penny. Anyways, you can relax. I didn't turn into a business ghoul or something over the weekend. Cute of you to dress up just for meeting lil ole’ me though. How’s moving going? Sure you don’t need extra hands?”

setting Breakfast for Lunch. Early Summer 2055 || with Aspen and poor unfortunate waiter that got tagged in.
status heh XD

Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow

✧✦

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:28 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? My heart feels like it's gonna explode.

Aspen blinked at Wren, who started in that they were waiting on some other people. Oh jeez. Apparently a Mrs Salazar (that name sounded familiar... beyond just being Slytherin) and Robin were coming. Oh, that'd be okay. Robin was a sweetheart. Someone else, Aindrias (there was an older student matching that surname too) was on the way to review the proposal and all the paperwork for it. She bit the inside of her lip, clutching the folder of paperwork she'd brought. What if it wasn't enough? Sure, Wren was a good inside man, but what if Wren didn't have any sway over the others?

Wren greeted another man (Martin wasn't on the list!!), saying he was a youth education consultant. How many people with fancy titles did Wren know?! The man, however, seemed a bit confused, then it was time for Wren to confess that he was just toying with Aspen. Ooooh, she'd get him for that one. Before he could speak, she kicked hard into his shin, a firm frown on her lips. He ordered breakfast, nearly getting alcohol before seemingly changing his mind. "Can I please get the Spinach, Mushroom, and Tomato Grill? Thank you. And I'm sorry my friend here is a bit... overzealous." She grinned, hoping the man wouldn't like.... hate them later.

After Martin the Waiter was gone, Wren called her rude, then said she could relax. He also asked about her moving, earning a sigh. "Moving is... messy, but so is life. I might be able to use some hands on the back end. Y'know, unpacking and putting away. Unless you want to come hang out with my dad and sisters. Otherwise, it's mostly just... thrift shops and stuff while I try to furnish the house." She sighed, wishing that the stress could die down for even a little while. "So, Business Ghoul, did you want to review my papers? I know they're not perfect, but I did work really hard on them to try and make sure everything's in order. A-and I don't even need all the money. I don't necessarily need pay or anything, and I don't really foresee anyone wanting to work with me as like... a job... but... um, I do have approximate costs of salaries. Oh, and the cost of tuition, plus the approximate cost I could afford for kids that couldn't make tuition... like a scholarship, or something." She set down the folder, showing the color-coded pages written in her loopy handwriting. She'd spent several hours trying to make sure everything was perfect for this. Flik scurried down, sitting on the paperwork until Wren would reach down, then he could skitter up his arm and investigate him too.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:09 pm

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

Wren snickered as Martin the Waiter took their order with a light chuckle and ”No problem. I’ll get those started and bring your iced tea over. Good… luck?”

Aspen mentioned that moving and life was messy and mentioned she’d might want help unpacking and putting away. ”Huh Thrift shops. Interesting. I’d ordered most of the new furniture from a woodworker.” he commented with a tired shrug. “As much as I love spending time with your family… I’ll pass. But you just say the word. Robin likes hanging out with you and it’d be good to get xem out of the Foundation offices.”

Aspen sighed, sounding as exhausted as he felt. He took a sip of the iced tea when it arrived. Adulting was bullshit.

To business. Aspen called him a Business Ghoul–to which Wren rolled his eyes–and set a folder on the table between them. ”Fine, fine, make me work before I even have food,” he grumbled, but reached down. Flik skittered up his arm and Wren made a little flicking motion with his free hand, careful not to actually flick the little bowtruckle. He smiled a little though. This was almost like being back in school with Aspen nagging him to do his homework before fiddling with puzzle boxes or reaching the latest Potions Quarterly.

Wren sighed, pulling himself up and concentrating. As much as he wanted to just write Aspen a blank check and be done with this, he got that she didn’t want that. Plus Robin had looked so excited when Wren expressed interest in actually starting something properly. Proper. Ugh. That was for stuffy sticks in the mud. ”MagiScouts, huh. I guess ‘Aspen’s Treehouse of Antisocial Snotfaces’ and ‘Hill Camp of Edible Shrooms’ weren’t catchy enough?”

He flipped through the color-coded documents, scanning the lines. She had a whole packet of activities for the students, itinerary ideas for camping trips, basically full lesson plans. It looked even more solid than their discussion last week. Aspen was going on about not necessarily needing all the money– she didn’t need a paycheck and not even knowing if anyone wanted to work with her. ”First off, you’re getting paid for this, and we’ll definitely find a few people to help you out. You’re working with kids. Even if it’s parent volunteers, we need people to watch out so the idiot picking his nose doesn’t get lost in the forest and eaten by an acromantula.”

Wren went over the activities in great detail, jotting a few notes on a pad he’d brought with his own notes. He remembered Aspen coming up with a few of these while hanging out. ”I remember you considering a few models. Are you leaning more towards a regular afternoon summer camp like 3 times a week, with the occasional camping excursion? Or more like an intensive boot camp where they’re off in the wilderness for 3 weeks?”

He flipped the page to find a few budget sheets that answered his question. The budget sheets broke down camping trips, materials, food, supplies, cost of seeds and even camping spaces. Wren scanned the pages and jotted the numbers down, then squinted at the numbers again and added a hundred extra galleons.

“How old are you thinking these kids are?”

setting Breakfast for Lunch. Early Summer 2055 || with Aspen and Flik
status MagiScouts

Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow

✧✦

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:28 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Is this all an interview is?

Aspen offered a tepid grin toward the waiter, then looked back at Wren. He commented on thrift shops, then mentioned going to a woodworker. "Swanky. But after, y'know, buying a house, I have.... eleven galleons left. And that's after saving ninety percent my salary since I was nine. Houses, especially cool, off-the-grid old greenhouses are super expensive." She nodded, grinning. "But if Robin ever wants something to do, I have a ton of greenhouse and garden all waiting to be tilled up and planted. I could use the extra hands. Plus, Robin is sweet. I love xem."

When they flipped to work, Wren made a comment about having to work before eating. A very... Wren sort of comment. Aspen watched Flik perch on Wren's.... shoulder... thing, looking eager to be in a new surrounding. Normally Flik stayed near Aspen, but he seemed to like Wren. He looked over the proposed name, then commented a few of his own. "Both of those are awful. First, the kids aren't going to be antisocial, they'll be well rounded. Second, the second... sounds like an awful name of a drug haven for hippies. Plus, I thought MagiScouts had a nice ring." She nodded, feeling her curls bounce. It'd been a while since she last wore her hair down, but this was a special occasion.

After she mentioned not being worried about herself getting paid, or having employees, Wren quickly shot both down. "You laugh, but if an acromantula came near, I'd be gone. Kids be damned. Those freaking monstrosities can stay far away from me. Luckily, I know where to avoid." She shuddered at the very thought. It was then she noticed Wren taking notes. She tried to sit up straight to see, but she couldn't make it out.

Wren asked about the structure planned, and Aspen nodded. "I'm planning for it to mostly be a day camp, certain days of the week we'll meet up for activities like birdwatching, swims, and gardening. Then a few times, a weekend-long camp trip. That's the goal, anyway. I'd need extra hands for camping, and somehow I doubt I could wrangle dad in. Possibly mom and Aunt Rosie, though." She pondered, thinking it'd be hilarious for her aunt to have to hang around "the annoying humans" for a whole weekend.

At the next question, Aspen lifted an eyebrow. Ages was the part she'd been most conflicted on. "That's the one I was least secure on. I suppose it depends on how much help we can drum up. If it's just me and one other.... eight through ten? Or well, summer before first year. If I can get help, I'd love to go as low as five. Obviously the five through seven year olds wouldn't be doing the same level of activity, more... arts and crafts and basic nature than doing camp ups, you know. But also, if I've got a set of siblings, I wouldn't mind adjusting, depending on the parents' recommendations." She nodded, knowing she was more than capable of wrangling all age groups.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:36 pm

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

“Eleven galleons. Sheesh,” Wren would have muttered something about letting Nim and him buy her a house, but they’d had that argument before, and as much as Wren thought it was stupid, he respected Aspen’s drive. And after stubbornly repairing his home himself–well, mostly himself–, Wren could kind of understand her.

Aspen rejected his name suggestions, which led Wren to snicker. “Hey, they’re going to be prancing around the forest getting birds and twigs stuck in their hair. Not hippie enough for you? Speaking of which, that’s what’s wrong– You don’t have flowers and twigs in your hair today. Not even a leaf! Ghastly!” Aspen seemed to relax though, enough to mention she was running if acromantulas showed up. He snickered. “Poor kids.”

Aspen talked about a day camp model, listing some of the activities and the occasional weekend-long camping trip. “You know, if we could get your dad involved, that'd be hilarious. We can scare the crap out of them before they even get to Hogwarts.” He wrote Professor Hill’s name down, along with Rosalia and Sylvana. Wren was about to offer his Uncle Elmond, who was a big camping fan and would probably be all over this. Why hadn’t Wren asked him yet–ah. Because he was dead. Well, that sucked. “If you need extra hands, I’ve got a cousin that lives in magical tent or something. If she’s not abroad in the summertime, I can throw her at you. Introduce them to animaguses or something.”

Aspen continued that the age range would really depend on how much help they could get. Wren listened to her rationale, knowing Aspen was comfortable with a wide range. He flipped back through the activities and nodded in agreement. ”Let’s start 8-10 for our first run. Start narrow and make sure things work before opening it up. If there’s interest, we can reconfigure things into a more solid business model. Phoebe can be a guinea pig for the younger ages.”

Wren tapped his notepad in consideration of who else he might be able to tap for help. ”Most of our friends would probably be down to do a guest session, I reckon. We can get Yukon down to talk about potatoes with the kids, and I bet Nim’ll be down to do one of these plant things. I don’t mind taking a day off to do some of these potions and wandmaking-adjacent things.” Wren grimaced at the words that had come out of his mouth. ”Eck. Scratch that, I mind. Anyways, you need people who are going to be there everyday, not a bunch of guests.”

Wren tapped a page, focused as he tried to think through logistics. This wasn’t his forte, but he was going to do his best for Aspen, and that meant actually trying. He flipped to another page he'd written a bunch of things to hash out on. ”We’ll think about personnel later then. Talk to me about location and transportation. Are you planning to run this in the backyard of your new treehouse and having people floo there?”

status MagiScouts

Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow

✧✦

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:48 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Is this all an interview is?

Aspen rolled her eyes when Wren commented on her finances. "Not all of us can be richy-rich boys, Wrenny." She stuck out her tongue, hoping to keep it lighthearted. She figured he could understand her drive to buy and fix up her house, given his working penance to repair the entire Winchester Estate.

After Wren listed a few silly names and Aspen calmly countered, Wren mentioned that the kids would become hippies, then asked about her hair. "What can I say, I clean up good." She grinned, pulling a small flower from her pocket, using a bit of her nymph magic to let it grow and bloom. Once the bright yellow petals were exposed, Aspen tucked the flower into her hair, offering a smirk to her friend. "There you go, you satisfied now? Not gonna go thinking I'm an imposter."

They moved to discussing the style of camp Aspen planned to run, then Wren mentioned getting her dad involved in the process. "Nah, I think he's ready for a break from my nonsense. He just wants to stay at home, garden, and... I dunno, be grumpy at people." She chuckled quietly, almost to herself. If only Wren knew how the full moons meant he was out in the forest running around a lot more than anyone might suspect. Sure, they all knew Reggie was a werewolf, but Aspen had always been determined to safeguard the Hill family secrets.

The duo began to discuss ages, and Wren agreed that they should start with the older bracket. "Another thought, since the majority of activity will be over the summer hols, we can continue to have some of those kids as they go to Hogwarts, if they so choose. They could even grow to be a camp helper, rather than just a camper.... I-I dunno. That one might be dumb." The brunette shrugged her shoulders, not sure if her ideas were of any quality or if Wren had already figured this out and her ideas were just a dumb coincidence.

Watching Wren tap his pen against the notepad he'd brought, Aspen felt a weird wave of worry rise up. Without her knowing, the flower tucked into her hair drooped a bit, swayed by her staggering emotions. Wren mentioned their friends all pitching in, which earned a small nod from the nymph. "I was worried about leaping into the friends. Because, well, some of them are really good with nature and plants.... but the others... aren't. And I don't want to accidentally offend anyone. I only offend on purpose." She tried a laugh, but with her nerves, it sounded quite forced.

Wren considered that it would be better to have an actual staff anyway, which luckily aligned with Aspen's thoughts. He decided to push personnel to later, then brought up locations and transportation. "Ah, the bane of my existence. I... don't really know. Ideally I'd have a shop... or maybe a cool greenhouse with a floo point to host the meetings, then we could get group portkeys from the Ministry, but... I don't really know. I wouldn't mind hosting it from my house... well, the upstairs part.... the... the greenhouse part. And my yard, since it butts up against a pretty sizable stretch of forested area. But... I really, really don't know. I'm sorry. I was supposed to come prepared and everything, but I'm just so frazzled from everything else that it skipped my mind." She sighed, dropping her gaze down to her hands, which sat on the tabletop. What if Wren called it now, saying she wasn't ready or something? What if he laughed and told her that her plans could never become reality? What was she supposed to do? She didn't notice the flower drooping further, petals curling back up toward closing, her mood dropping as she got trapped in the whirlwind of thought.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:38 pm

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

Wren rolled his eyes at Aspen mentioning they couldn’t all be richy-rich and how she cleaned up good. “Yeah, I guess Laurel would have already punched me by now.”

He crossed Professor Hill off the list with a chuckle when Aspen mentioned her dad wanting to just stay home and be grumpy. Aspen mentioned that she planned for most of the activity to be over summer, so they could even recruit students on their Hogwarts break as camp helpers. “Camp helpers,” he mused. “Huh. That’s not a bad idea. Have the older gremlins keep the younger ones out of trouble. It’d be good for both the older and younger kids. And the ones older than like 15 you could even hire on as summer counselors. Could get the Herbology Club squirts to tutor the little ones.” He made another note.

Aspen expressed some hesitation about asking their friends. “What, like Moira and Eion? I mean, I wouldn’t ask them to teach “How to take care of your dittany plant” but you can bring Moira in for a ‘30 ways spiders can help and hurt you’ or ‘How the body decomposes,’” Wren shrugged. “Or something more like ‘predicting the weather with tea leaves’. And Eion might kill plants but he hasn’t let any of my kids get themselves killed. Eion and hundred reasons to get a cat even if you’re allergic.” Wren shrugged again, drawing a bracket over all of that and making another note. “That is, of course, if they want to be involved. Up to you. And like I said, we can keep this summer small.”

When he asked about transportation, Aspen mentioned ideally she’d have a shop to run things out of, or a greenhouse with a floo point and then portkeys to get to whatever camping sites. “No problem. We can check around and see if we can find a small office space with floo access. I’ll make a note to include a portion of funds for office rent space.” Aspen murmured nervously and apologized, then sighed, and Wren glanced back up to find contemplating her hands and the flower she had tucked in her hair drooping. “Aspenny, if you start crying I’m going to have to cheer you up and you know how bad I am at that.”

Wren set his pen down and poked his friend’s hand gently. He narrowed his eyes, reviewing the last few minutes of conversation. Had he said something insensitive? Why was she so nervous anyways? It was just him. “Aspen. I don’t think you realize what’s happening. You have a good idea. I want to make it happen.” He sighed a little, and thought of how to get Aspen to realize this wasn’t some one-sided effort. “So when I was learning about grants and reviewing the ledgers, I found out that my parents had plans to invest in muggle elementary programs. I found out all the plans came to a hard stop after 2042. I matched the dates up and…it wasn’t because Sonora–my cousin the bird girl– started at school. It was because I left school. And then…maybe it’s because Phoebe’s been asking her what if the world was just a little different’ questions, but when you talked about bringing a bunch of young students together and introducing them to the magical world I was thinking…how many kids might have benefitted if I had stayed in school and my parents’ plans had gone through.

“Yeah, I know it’s not like me. But this MagiScouts thing. How many magical kids might it help? How many young mes could have enjoyed that? How many squibs like my mum would have felt less alienated if they knew a group of kids in the magical world, and could still partially have a magical education? You’ve got a good idea. And you’re the right person to make it happen.

He swirled his iced tea like a wine glass and met Aspen’s gaze. ”I’m trying to help. There’s nothing to fear from me. So like… I dunno, threaten me with a fork like usual or something.”

status MagiScouts

Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow

✧✦

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:11 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Emotional Support and Big Ideas
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Maybe we can make this work...

Aspen chuckled softly when Wren said Laurel would've already punched him in the face by now. "Pretty sure the only one that wouldn't is Willow, and that's because she's the sweetest little mushball out there." She needed to plan a day to hang out with all her sisters again soon....

She watched Wren cross her dad's name off the list, agreeing it was probably for the best. After she mentioned her idea for having the older kids potentially help, Wren agreed, noting that the older they got, the more potential they had. He even mentioned paying those fifteen and up as a sort of summer job. "Yes! A summer job would be great. They could help guide the kids, make sure everyone is okay... then if they're good, once they graduate, I can extend a real job offer. That way they can start off doing something they already know. And if they volunteer to do extra lessons, or like... harder work, they can get a little extra pay. Always a good incentive, I think." She nodded, knowing she did extra work around Hogsmeade to earn some extra money over the summers.

When Aspen hesitated over friends, Wren noted they might not be able to handle the plant part, but they could do other tasks. "Moira... maybe could do a campfire fortune reading... thing. I'm not sure about Eyeball, though. I don't know if he can handle being around kids. He's... weird. The other day he said I had pretty ears. Who the heck says stuff like that?" She shuddered a bit, remembering the weird conversation with the one person in their group she wasn't sure she liked much. Everyone else seemed to like him though....

Wren asked about location, then decided they could set aside a small office and some money for rent. She felt so dumb for having forgotten part of what they'd be discussing, and apparently the emotions showed. Wren commented, telling her not to be sad... in his very Wren-ish way. He poked her hand, then said she didn't realize what was happening. Green eyes looked up, listening as he spoke about believing in her idea, and that his parents would have wanted to invest in the education of kids.

He mentioned young hims and all the other kids that it could help, including squibs. She watched him swirl his tea, then said she shouldn't be worried, and to threaten him. Taking a deep inhale to regain her senses, Aspen nodded, then spoke with her normal alacrity. "Actually, I was contemplating a spoon. Could make you and Eyeball match. Back to an even number in our group..." She offered a small grin, twirling the spoon in her fingers. The flower behind her ear perked up, colorful petals exposed once more.

"Alright, so... if you're actually really serious... we can make this happen. Magical kids, squibs, heck, muggle siblings of muggleborns... we'd welcome everyone. Not like we much care about backgrounds or anything. But... We'd need help to make this work. As much as I loooooove hard work, and as lazy as you like to be, we'll need more hands to get this off the ground. Maybe we can bribe our friends to help, at least this summer... I dunno. They've all got jobs, and are probably super busy. I can easily take time off work, since the rest of the kids are home, plus... I don't think Dad actually, y'know, needs my help. Probably just pays me until I find something else." She shrugged, taking Wren's notepad to work on drawing a picture of a sundew.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:50 pm

User Image✦✧
WREN ADRIEL WINCHESTER

Wren made a small chuckling sound and smiled as he thought about the other Hill sisters. He hadn’t had the pleasure of being punched by Juniper Hill yet, and Willow was certainly a sweet thing. She would have just graduated, huh? He should have brought a present.

Aspen agreed enthusiastically enough to the proposition of hiring on the older kids and even scaffolding a job right out of Hogwarts. He nodded. Hopefully by the time they had a cohort that turned 15 the MagiScouts–nope, Aspen’s Hippiekids was still a funnier name–would be financially self-sufficient. But he made a note to ask Mrs. Salazar about connecting Aspen with other job counseling resources. She was going to be a mentor and role model to these kids. She should have all the resources that could possibly be useful. Or something like that.

Wren smirked at “Eyeball”’s odd comment and filed the comment away. He and Eion had…well, an understanding that came with spending quite a bit of time in each other’s minds. He made a show of reaching forward to tuck a strand of hair behind Aspen’s ear as though inspecting it. “Oh but Aspen, don’t you know? Your ears are...so unique! Do you know many Aspen trees or hilltops that have ears? Imagine the horror! A field of ears!”

He explained how he genuinely thought she had a good idea, and told her about his parents’ work and building a community for those sidelined by the magical community in their youth. Aspen nodded, took a deep breath, and threatened him with a spoon. Wren smirked. That was more like “But my eyes are my best feature!” he said with a mock gasp and sing-song voice. “Like your ears!”

She perked up, stating that they would make this a space for magical kids, squibs, muggle siblings of muggleborns, for everyone. Wren nodded.”Right. You work on finding people you trust. Leave finding a place and spreading the word to me. We'll have our pilot cohort this summer, don't you worry.”

”Alright, I have a Spinach, Mushroom, and Tomato Grill, and a Mediterranean Omelette with extra bacon and sausage,” the waiter said, interrupting with two piping dishes. ”Anything else I can grab?”

status MagiScouts

Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow

✧✦

Diagon Alley