Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
An Ultra Excursion! - Ultra Space Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:12 pm
Reno would do his best to steer his bike to a soft landing on the asteroid, which....sorta happened. There was a small moment of panic and fear as the still spinning front tire suddenly caught traction and tried to send the bike flying along. Kicking his robotic leg out and releasing the throttle he had accidentally been keeping going, Reno would turn into a short skid as the bike slid to a stop. Nodding at Nalu, Reno would hop off the bike and set about examining the room that they had just found. "And here I expected a whole world hopping chase after this thing." Reno added to Aden's statement, watching Crystal as she began to leaf through her journals.

Hearing the two expressing desire to go exploring some of the dimensions and then watching as both of them turned to face him as they expressed the potential for how crazy the worlds they could pick might be. "Hey! Why am I being called out as the only one who could pick crazy things here!?" Reno said, mock offended before a snort made him collapse into a grin. "But yeah. I agree. We made it here, they will kill us for doing this, so let's make it worth it." Placing a hand on his chin as he began to think, an idea jumped to mind. "I know for sure that frozen waste one you found is on the list. Use it as a way to confirm that whole thing with Blizz. But for a fun starter........ uh, best I got might be seeing where you initially landed. Be cool to see where I inadvertently sent you. But if we wanna go real crazy, either apocalypse world like Aden mentioned or one where I ended up leading Snagem if I was like I was when I first joined. See what kinda anarchy that caused." Pausing as another thought crossed his mind, Reno would point towards the wormhole where he had seen the Kartana and the asteroid shoot through. "......we should probably check there at some point too. Make sure we didn't accidentally orbitally bombard some city in the multiverse."  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:28 pm
Crystal had really only looked at Reno when he mentioned the both of them calling him out. "Hey, I was looking at my journals for damage when I asked that, at least. Also, I kept them in Ultra Space, so I wouldn't have to go reality hopping to find them. Simpler to find them and add to the collection if it's in a place I'm going to be going in and out of, you know?" She continued flipping through the remaining books, nodding in satisfaction as she replaced the last one. "Good, they're all fine. Perks of storing things outside of space and time," she muttered, mostly to herself.

"Now then. As for your suggestions..." She closed her eyes, thinking for a moment. "Monique's reality, I may have a reality where they're aimed that way, but it would have been before her time if it is, and I can't confirm, because I don't deal with time shenanigans. We could do the frozen wasteland, but there was literally nothing there, and I wasn't sure how to figure that out. Hunter's comments about Blizz are making me double think that one now, though. A reality where you led Snagem, Reno? We'd have to go hunting for that one. I haven't encountered a reality where that was a thing. However..." A giant smile would quickly form on her face as she brought up the final point. "I wouldn't mind seeing Auntie Burnet and Uncle Kukui again after everything that's happened. Catch up with Lillie and Gladion, finding out what Selene and Elio have accomplished since leaving, have some malasadas with Hau... Which would be nice because I ran out in Galar. I've been meaning to get some more of them." The lioness shook her head, noticing she was starting to get off track. "Anyways. I like starting with my second home of sorts. We can certainly check in on the reality behind that wormhole. Maaaaaybe just not immediately. Don't want them thinking we were the ones that caused it if it did." They kind of weren't, but there could be an argument for Reno if one was watching and wanted to be adamant on him taking the blame. Things should have... hopefully been fine, though.  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:09 am
"That makes sense." Aden had to concede that point. "Easier to find them when they're in somewhere more... centralized and displaced, I guess? Still, it's not like travel here's totally safe if that Kartana was anything to go by. We probably got a bit lucky that was the worst of any snags we ran into on the way." Standing back up for a moment, he looked in what he thought might've been the direction that earlier wormhole was. "Also, uhhhh... I'm for checking it too, but let's avoid having two sets of people yelling at us. As long as the rock we're on doesn't drift that far, it should be a good enough landmark to make sure we find the right one later. I think we have a plan, though?"

He'd give a cursory check to the suit's systems as a precaution, seeing that everything was still working just fine. A good sign to be sure, especially for something done on such short notice. "We go to the reality Crystal ended up in, we get to explore that and she gets to catch up on friends and family. Maybe try one of those others; which one probably isn't super important. And then finally back here and to the wormhole we had a bit of an accident with. We should be good enough on supplies for all of that, even if things get a little rough. Anyway, that sound good?"  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:54 pm
"I wasn't saying we immediately check out the universe we dropped things in. Juat more adding it to the list of destinations we should hit." Reno told the pair, sighing in mild exhaustion at the thought of more people yelling at him. He had already been saddled with the job of local pariah in one universe. Becoming a multidimensional pariah for somwthing that could only tertiarily be labeled as his fault sounded as fun as eating a live Wailord. "But yeah. Lets go see Crystal's second home. Plus side for that universe: me and Aden can stop looking like a pair of lost Power Rangers if things are that close to our universe environment-wise."  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:00 pm
The hybrid would make sure her box was closed up tight before nodding, walking the bax to the surfboard. “Sounds good to me, everyone. And I’d be surprised if that one reality couldn’t support you guys. It didn’t feel any different to me, at least while I was there before. Then again, I’m… different now, so yeah, that could mean all nothing.” Crystal hefted the box onto the front of the surfboard, willing some of the hard light to surround it as if they were straps to keep the box in place. “Also, Power Rangers? Was that after my time or something? Eh, then again, I was running around as a kid everywhere, instead of watching TV. Aden, you hitching a ride with me again or with Reno this time?” She’d jump onto the surfboard and wait for Aden’s response, keeping an eye out for anything else. There were a few creatures she was hoping to not encounter out here, and expecting something to show up wasn’t a bad call. As relatively quiet as traveling through Ultra Space could be sometimes.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:36 am
"Guess we'll find out when we get there. I've got a spare ball to store the helmet in if it is. And uh..." Aden just looked at Crystal and gave a confused shrug. "I can't say I watched much as a kid either, but I think I remember seeing a bit of some show where people ran around in colored suits like these? I remember not really being interested in it. Anyway, I'll stick with you so Reno doesn't have to try squeezing me and a Raichu in the sidecar. Definitely making sure to practice psychic propulsion with a hoverboard when we get back, though."

Looking around himself, he found his mind coming back to the Kartana they encountered earlier and realized there may come a time where one might have to be fought. Possibly even the very one the group saw. "Also, a bit of a random question that can be answered on the way, but that Kartana we saw," he spoke up as he got onto the surfboard and braced himself again. "Assume we do have to fight one of those sometime. How would we go about that? You're one of the only ones that knows about these Ultra Beasts, and I doubt the hunter would be terribly inclined to say anything unless we dragged Freth in front of one."  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:37 pm
Reno would nod at Aden as he mentioned continuing to ride with Crystal. "Fair enough. And its a heck of a thing. Really makes movement easy." He told the hybrid, giving the bike a quick rev as he moved to launch off the asteroid. And as he heard Aden's question, an additional thought crossed his mind. "Is there any way to catch them too? I know Pokeballs don't work, but is there something designed for this purpose?"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:51 pm
Crystal nodded, about to set off while explaining Kartana. But then Reno asked about potentially capturing the Ultra Beasts, which made her wince and cringe slightly. “Oh, you would ask that one…. I mean… Yes, there is. I haven’t tried these myself, despite them being given to me for this specific reason…” She dug through the backpack hidden under her shawl, pulling out three small, dark blue orbs with a light blue net appearance over them and four yellow protrusions equidistant from each other. “These are called Beast Balls. The Aether Foundation in the reality we’re going to go to was already researching the Ultra Beasts well before I got there as a Cosmog hybrid. After the events that happened that led to me evolving to what I am now, right before I left, the kids got me gifts. Gladion, one of the children of Aether Foundation’s head lady, he handed me these, thinking that they might be useful along the way.” She’d put them away, kicking off before continuing on. “Obviously, I hadn’t used them at all, and even forgot about them… until I checked my bag before we left today.” There was a bit of a sheepish look on her face for a moment before she decided to divert the subject further, hopefully to get out of explaining why she held out on them until just now.

“So, Kartana! It’s a paper cannon, so to speak. Agile, light, and able to murder your face with just one swipe. It’s a grass/steel type, so fire certainly works well. However, any updrafts from said fire could be a benefit to it, just because once again it is quite light. Like paper. Either make your first shot count with the fire, or lock it down. Do your best to dodge it otherwise, but they’re really frail. Really, they’re not the worst Ultra Beasts, in my opinion.”  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:48 am
Much as Aden tried to keep a straight face, he couldn't exactly hide that he was wondering the same thing as Reno about catching them if it came to it. Seeing the unusual Beast Balls gave him a little relief that such a thing was indeed possible, though unsettled him a little in the event that another one managed to come through and attack the team. "To be fair, it's a smart idea," he remarked, after a bit. "Go into a reality where they're as common as a Pidgey in ours, and they'd probably be your best shot at protecting yourself. I'd imagine they're more effective on them than they'd be on anything else, though. Might be worth testing one of them sometime, but maybe keep one on hand? In case we need to figure out how to reverse engineer them in a way Ambrosia can copy later."

He perked up a bit more at the remarks about Kartana, especially when it came to trying to lock it down. "That sounds... surprisingly doable? Pretty sure I'd have a good few ways of trying to keep one still. And while it's probably not the best attack, I could give a quick blast of Heat Wave. That'd probably be the better option in Ultra Space itself, at least, though I'm not sure how well anything apart from Psychic or Solar Beam's gonna work in the suit."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:57 pm
Reno would shrug as he listened to Aden's listing of counter measures. "Given how easily anything moves in this space, I think Psychic would be enough? Or at least, enough to steer a Kartana away. Especially if all it took to divert its course was passing near the hoverbike." Giving a quick kick to get the bike moving through Ultra Space, Reno would have another thought cross his mind. "Okay, so we have the big thing that tried to gobble us through the portal, the walking brick tower, and that.... clown thing. Any of those rank among the worst Ultra Beasts? Because I'm relatively certain that the big thing ended Monique's old universe, so if that doesn't reach among the worst, I have several concerns."

As he was looking around the area, taking in a few of the other asteroids and wormholes around them, Reno would suddenly catch onto the hybrid Crystal had called herself. ".....Cosmog? What's that? And.... how did you become it from the....uh.....unique situation I kinda......left you in? Y'know...... in case for some crazy reason we need to....recreate those circumstances." While he was able to hide some of his intentions with other choices he was making in this journey, this question definitely deserved at least some effort to put all the cards on the table. And for an idea that likely was 1 in a million chance of success, might as well confirm exactly how long the odds were.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:56 am
“That could be an option… I haven’t been a great fan of taking any creatures and potentially keeping them from their home reality permanently, though. It’s the whole reason why when I reentered our reality, I didn’t have any Pokémon and needed to, well, the intention was to merely borrow him for the tournament, and for the time I was there. Before I came to learn that yes, this is indeed home, at least.” She sighed, turning to Reno when he asked his questions.

“Okay, so, Guzzlord’s right up there at the top of that major threat list. Which… From Monique’s account, her creature and the one that tried to come through here were probably one in the same. Species wise, at least.” The lioness thought for a moment, going through her head of all of the Ultra Beasts she had encountered. “Let’s see… Celesteela has some destructive capabilities, with it having flammable gas it can shoot out of its arms to fly, though it also is one that sometimes just wants to sit in the ground and just hang out. Xurkitree will just eat electricity, so there’s some complications with power plants there… Buzzwole is just super strong, but also doesn’t like fire… Stakataka can be mistaken for bricks, but not much else seems too bad about it, honestly. That one’s just a walking tank, just about. Blacephalon, the clown thing you mentioned, is, well… weird. It’s fire and ghost and I don’t like that it’s my counter in every way on typing.” A gigantic sigh then left her mouth, ears laying back slightly. “On the list of Ultra Beasts I don’t like, and this is biased, Nihilego would be right up there. Rock and Poison typed, so I have no issues dealing with it, but if it touches someone, it can secrete neurotoxins that makes Reno’s semi spontaneous ideas look like they were planned for years if they get absorbed by someone. And then they can actually merge with said person, which that was something I never want to see again. Nihilego are literal parasites, and not one I would recommend anyone try to catch and tame. So yeah, avoid them if possible, avoid Guzzzlords if possible, and try not to fly into any random wormholes.

“And as for Cosmog… It’s the base form of Solgaleo and Lunala. A blob of dark blue and purple and pink gas with bright blue pompoms for arms. No, I did not look like that, I looked like a kid that was made up of space. And could float. I miss that ability…” She’d pause for a while, giving Reno a stare before continuing finally. “A Solgaleo and Lunala helped it along a bit… Apparently, I was just…. Drawing dust and other stuff here while floating around. And hiding from practically anything while thinking in circles. Eventually I got the courage to ask one of the Solgaleos and Lunalas for help, and at least the Lunala took pity on me. She guilted Leo into helping accelerate it all and gave me my Cosmog body before they dropped me off into another reality. Like, emergency drop off. There was a Guzzlord roar right after all of that happened, so there was understandable panic. But. It was probably still good for me overall. My memory during all of that was starting to fade. But that’s how. Theoretically, this might have happened without any intervention, but I can’t guarantee I’d have any memory of what had happened to me, or anything at all before Ultra Space.” She’d shrug, looking ahead again. Crystal would sniff around for a moment, nodding.

“Think we’re about there. Any other questions before we go in?”  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:16 am
"To me, it just comes off as a more extreme version of catching or snagging any other Pokemon," Aden remarked, continuing to play a bit of devil's advocate. "By default, you're pretty much yanking a Pokemon from their natural home, their old life in a way. It's on us to help them adjust to that change, especially since it's usually more long-term than something like the Capture Styler. Guess that's probably why sis still doesn't like using a ball until after another Pokemon's decided they want to stick around."

Looking around briefly for anything that might go awry and thankfully finding nothing so far, he continued. "Anyway, the way you talk about Stakataka... I know we haven't sorted out why a wormhole opened in the labyrinth, but I can't help thinking back to the fight the others had with one. You think maybe it got confused and anxious about where it ended up, saw us as a threat to it like they did with it? Really, other than Guzzlord and Nihilego, most of them sound like kinda extreme versions of the Pokemon we're more familiar with. Dangerous from what they can do rather than explicitly a threat to everyone around it. Yanno, kinda like a Gyarados or something."

He shuddered at the idea of being mostly just a mind floating around this place; if anything, it sounded like if things hadn't been sped along, death of personality would've been a very real threat. Granted, probably still a better fate than ending up as Ziton food, but only because it was a mind that didn't join the amalgamation.

"I don't think I have any. Not yet anyway- oh. Reno, that suit still holding up for you too? I figured you'd say something if it wasn't, but just in case and all that."  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:33 am
Reno would quickly start going over the vitals and stats screen of the suit, wincing internally as he noted a few of the added stress points for his additional life-keeping measures and shielding were already in the yellow. Which....for such an ad hoc system for an environment they could only guess the effects on the materials in use due to the short time frame was as good as it gets. It still didn't help his nerves. "Yep. Everything looks good for the suits. I'd maybe not wanna live out here in one, but you don't try and live in a toxic environmwnt in a hazmat suit. So lets go in." Reno said, eyes currently locked onto the shielding integrity rating. Once that hit the red, him and Aden were going to start getting more directly hit with Ultra Radiation. And while the few others who traveled without shielding had all lived, the wild effects it had caused to each of them made it less than ideal to see how that would end.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:54 pm
Crystal nodded, focusing on the general space in front of the group now. She’d remain practically frozen for a moment before slicing another hole into the space in front of her, glowing brilliantly as the portal the trio used to enter. She began to move almost immediately afterwards, but made sure that Reno was following before entering the portal.

The portal would take a moment to spit them out, upon which they would see the smaller region of Alola. All four islands and the tiny artificial island Aether Paradise. The closest island looked to be Poni Island and they were near the Altar, as well, though the wall looked like it had a different symbol than their reality. However, if it wasn’t obvious before, they were above Alola. The two would find that all of their readings would register as positive and completely survivable for them while Crystal closed the door behind the group. “Always close the door behind you like a civilized person,” she muttered, taking a breath before turning the surfboard around again, letting out a sharp sigh. “Alright. Let’s actually go there…” She pointed to Akala Island, the island second furthest away from them. “Pop in and say hi to Auntie Burnet and update her on things, and you all are certainly free to ask questions, too. Also, go into the city proper and grab some fresh Malasadas…. Oooooh, that sounds good. Maybe do that first. Ooooh…. Yep, that’s now the plan. Malasadas first, then Auntie.” And with that, Crystal would be off, with hopefully Aden holding on tight, as she sped off rather quickly towards the island. Apparently, the siren call of fresh Alolan pastries was too much to resist for her. For Reno, it probably wouldn’t be too hard to find them, with the trail of light leading him to the largest city on the island, Heahea City. Any detective work would have led him to a bakery called the Stellar Bakery, named so because of the nearby research place, or at least the owner’s understanding of what they did there. If he went inside, he’d find the flighty lioness taking delivery of two large boxes of malasadas, her box of notebooks by the door. Aden would have had time to change out of his suit in the meantime, with a public bathroom in the building as well if he chose to use it.

Once Crystal turned around, Reno and Aden would find her already digging onto one of the boxes, briefly blinking before offering the open box to them. “Malasada?” She’d eagerly chomp down on the one she grabbed, ears twitching as she savored the taste.  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:24 pm
Reno had just managed to pass through the portal to find Crystal finishing what was apparently a plan with Aden before zipping away without even a quick notice. Thankfully, the massive, obvious glowing trail made it incredibly easy to figure where to go. What was making it difficult was the fact that flying a bike was not as easy with gravity on again asserting its cruel, cruel hand. So it was now zipping through the brush and skating across the water using the telepathic push. As he committed to the long cruise, he would quickly get to work removing the Ultra Space Suit and stuffing it into the sidecar. Finishing the process as he made landfall, Reno would quickly locate the light trail. And its destination of a pastry shop. Parking the bike and strolling in, he would find their guide with a pair of boxes piled high with malasadas. Blinking a few times as he processed, Reno would simply state, "And we said I derail things....sure, one malasada." And would finish by grabbing one of the treats and digging in.  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff