Submit

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:34 pm
"I...I don't know." Ozzie admitted, curling into herself ever tighter. "I d-don't...I don't know enough. M-m-maybe I'm stupid. Maybe..." Then, she remembered. Before the storm, she had bumped into a large Angeni mare, who took pity on her. Ever since then, her dreams had been...Well, dreams. Perhaps that had been her domain...?

"...I will follow you, Kaldin." She decided, closing her eyes. "I d-don't want to be alone. N-not until I find him or...or until I find..." No, she had found someone, hadn't she? She'd found him, and during such an event as the sun being swallowed. That had to mean something, didn't it? At the mention of him eating meat, she peeked an eye open and giggled softly. The first bit of laughter she'd let out for...months, it seemed.

"It's okay. I...I d-do too. R-r-rarely..." Something her father had tried to get her to grow out of, but she could only guess it was because her...the mare who birthed her had been a shifter. It made sense.

Ebonrune

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:19 pm
He turned his head to nudge her gently with his nose. "I don't think you're stupid." He said. "It might have been a little foolish to strike out on your own with nothing but a dream to guide you, but you've found yourself a helpful stallion who will help you find the one in your dreams." The thought crossed his mind that he was the one she was looking for, except wouldn't she know it if he was? No, he was only meant to guide her to her destiny. He could accept this role.

"Oh, you do too? Good, I was worried that would scare you." Kaldin shifted and pawed his braid around blindly. "I'm a fairly good hunter, so we won't go hungry this winter, if we don't find the one from your dreams before it really sets in."
viatorai

Ebonrune

Peculiar Human

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:05 pm
Feeling better about the event, and being alone with who amounted to a stranger, Ozzie turned her head to gently mouth at his tail that was curled around her. It really was as soft as she'd thought it would be. "He h-has a tail like th-this. A-and he..." It was silly. It was so silly that even talking about it seemed so foolish. But she could trust Kaldin. She knew she could. "He...s-said he'd find me b-because I'm his s-s-soulsong...I'm not sure wh-what that means, but that...he..."

A soft sigh later and she was laying her head down. "S-s-sorry..."

Ebonrune

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:54 pm
Kaldin looked toward her voice sharply, as she was little more than a shape in the dark now without moonlight to show their surroundings clearly. Her dream stallion had a tail like his, and he knew about soulsongs? Kaldin didn't have much knowledge from outside his herd, but he'd gotten the impression that soulsongs weren't a common thing to think about. While it was certainly more than possible another stallion out there could carry his traits--he didn't know his father's history, but he certainly had siblings--but the soulsong notion came from his mother's side of the family and while his ears came from both his parents, his tail came from his father.

"No need to apologize." He said. "This actually is very helpful. Can you tell me anything else about your dream stallion?" The evidence seemed to be mounting in his favor, but it would be presumptuous in the extreme to assume he was her dream stallion, especially when.....well then again, his mother had said he would find his destiny in his travels....still, he needed to know more if she had more she could tell him. He looked up toward the stars, wondering if there was anything he could read in them though it should have been day.
viatorai

Ebonrune

Peculiar Human

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:15 pm
It was too dark to see anything, not even his vague shape. It was his voice she'd have to trust, that he was not angry with her. That he was not somehow tricking her. No, he wouldn't do that...somehow she knew he would never do that.

"I would...always follow his t-tracks." She started, lifting her head so that she could gaze skywards at the pitch black. At she now fully-swallowed sun. "B-but I never saw him, as I told you. He was a-a-always in shadow...B-but where we went, it was bright and s-s-safe."

But there were a few things she *could* see, she reminded herself. A lot of purple. His tail. and his tracks. At the memory of his tracks, she frowned slightly. Maybe this would be the part that sounded utterly dumb.

"...I would f-follow his tracks. His...Th-they were...L-like a wolf's, b-but...n-not. I could never figure that part out...wh-why those tracks."

Ebonrune

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:29 pm
He gave a snort and tossed his head slightly. Maybe it had been too dark for her to see his feet, or she had been too fixated on his face. "So, let me see if I understand." He said, sounding between incredulous and amused. "You're looking for a stallion with a tail like mine, feet like mine, and something to do with lavender--the color of my mane."

He had to laugh, it was too incredible. "A stallion who calls you his soulsong. All of this evidence is certainly piling up." He shook his head, then looked toward the sky. "While I've only just met you, I've tucked you against my side. I agreed to help you immediately, without question. I don't know you, but I didn't question that you were chasing a dream. I think I may have some news for you."
viatorai

Ebonrune

Peculiar Human

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:07 pm
Like...his...? Although it was pitch-black, Ozzie turned to 'look' at him, head tilted quizzically. She hadn't been able to see all of him before the darkness took full hold, and she had been distraught. Though, now, she was distraught for another reason; He was *laughing* at her, and she didn't know if she was being laughed at for malicious reasons.

"...Y-yes, you...You didn't,, and you...are kind, b-b-but, why are you...laughing...?" She asked, voice small, frightened for the answer. Still, she curled up ever closer as she noticed that theirs were the only voices around. No birds, no critters...Nothing. Just the two of them, existing in darkness together.

Ebonrune

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 7:53 pm
Kaldin knew where she was well enough to lower his head and lip at her mane with a soft chuckle. "It's just amusing, is all it is. But it's alright. Just relax and we'll see this through. The sun can't hide forever, I'm sure of that." Already it seemed a bit lighter again, though maybe that was just his eyes adjusting. He glanced up, but then turned his attention to the lump of shape by his side.

"Just stick with me, and you will see we're sure to get on splendidly." He sang. "No need to worry, no need to fret. I'll see you through this darkness yet. The sun will come back, it hears my song." He looked up toward the sky. "It just needs some time to come along."
viatorai

Ebonrune

Peculiar Human

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:22 pm
Smiling despite herself and her misgivings at the contact, Ozzie closed her eyes. It *was* seeming a bit lighter, but in order to keep herself from, frankly, upsetting herself, she needed to close them. Just for a bit. And listening to his voice, she was soothed. Feeling...content. Which was odd, considering how adamantly she'd been chasing after a dream's spectre.

"S-stay by me, Kaldin." She said, slowly opening her eyes to the returning light. "Th-thank you. B-b-but what...You said you have n-news for m-me?" She asked, tilting her head.

Ebonrune

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:28 am
Ah, she hadn't quite caught on. Well, that was alright. He'd just spell it out for her. "You basically described me." He stated. "Or if not me, someone very likely from my family line. Not just the physical, but the mention of soulsongs. The only reason I think it's most likely to be me is because that idea comes from my mother's side of the family, but my tail comes from my father's."

He tilted his head back at her. "I didn't want to be overt since I've only just met you, but what I know is that I wanted to immediately help you. That I feel we have a connection. So could you be my soulsong? Why don't we find out? If it's not me, then I will help you find the one who it is. I would owe you that much at least, wouldn't I?"
viatorai

Ebonrune

Peculiar Human

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:14 pm
Could it really have been that easy? Looking at him, the outline of him becoming visible once more, the rolled the thought around in her head. The sun being swallowed hadn't been a bad omen, had it? No, it was the sun hiding for a bit to step out anew. Starting over. Much like she...had planned to do once she had chased down her dream. And now, it was sounding like the chase, the hunt, was over.

"I w-would...like to find out." She said, eyes trained on him, peering through her long bangs as more and more of him was visible as the sun started peeking out.

Ebonrune

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:45 pm
He smiled at her, still in shadow for the most part. "Then I look forward to this journey with you, Ozzie. No matter how long or short it may be." He glanced up. "Oh good, it wasn't my imagination. Thankfully the sun is returning swiftly." It had taken hours for it to grow so dark, so he was glad it wasn't taking so long for the sun to come back.

He looked at her again. "Well, if you've no destination in mind, I think there should be a herd of buffalo around here. We can join up with them for a bit. Safety in numbers, and there's nothing much safer than being amongst a friendly herd of buffalo!"
viatorai

Ebonrune

Peculiar Human

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:31 pm
"I...Th-that's where I was headed, a-actually." Ozzie admitted, smiling back at him, though wondering if he could even see it, since she was still unable to read *him*. Such was the curse of having bad night vision, she supposed. "M-maybe we are...Maybe we were s-supposed to meet..." She mused, almost too quietly, "I th-think my destination has...has a-always been to you." Which was, really, ridiculous. But at the same time...

Slowly, the sounds of the forest were beginning to return, starting with the rustling of leaves as the gentle breeze picked up once more. It was still very dark, but by the time they were on their way, Ozzie figured, it would be light enough. And, so, she stood up slowly, bumping her nose against his cheek as she did so. "I kn-know the herd. They'll be h-ha-happy to meet you, Kaldin."

Ebonrune

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:55 pm
When he felt her shifting, he moved to get to his feet, glancing up at the fading eclipse again. "Maybe our paths were to each other." He replied. "Especially if we have the same goal. Can you see alright? If not, just hang onto my tail if you want, or I'll wait for the light to be better. Either way, I'll lead you onward, my new friend and potential soulsong."

Whether she was or not, he couldn't deny there was a connection, so he didn't feel the least bit of hesitation when it came to the idea of giving her all the help she needed, of providing meat for her through the winter and traveling with her as long as she might wish. Yes, he thought things were going to work out just fine.
viatorai

Ebonrune

Peculiar Human

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:13 pm
Our paths were to each other.

Shaking her head, Ozzie stood right beside him, finding it easier my the second to see him. Either her eyes were adjusting, or it was...getting lighter. She could follow him perfectly fine, and she would trust he wouldn't let her get lost. He was, after all, her potential soulsong.

That she had walked many paths in life that had seemed like a struggle, only to walk down this one that seemed easy. The path that led to him. The path that led to a new life, a new love...a new her.

A path for them, bathed in light and warmth. A path they'd walk together.  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff