Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Fourth Year Classes
Arithmancy II (3/3) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:02 am
User Image
Professor Marcs
Jasper Ichabod Marcs-Conroy

(Oxford Alumni and trained Arithmancer)(Squib)(Former University of Sydney Statistics Professor)(Arithmancy Professor)

Above the lesson already written on the board was the words: "No Wands Out in this Classroom". Jasper stood from the desk where he sat as his students took their seats, "Good day. Today we will be diving more into analyzing oneself or in my case others as I'm using my mother's name again. We will be studying the heart number. This is an indicator of one's inner life, fears, and desires that are hidden. Please take notes on the directions to find the heart number which is solved from the vowels of one's name - the innermost part of one's name."

Chalkboard
                                                        The Heart Number (Its Meaning and Finding It)

This number is the indicator of the inner life and fears and desires that are hidden. Is determined by adding all the vowels together and reducing it to a single digit.

Calculating Social Number

User Image

1. Convert the vowels of the individual's name to its numerical value.
                                                        M o l l y . A n n a b e l l a . M a r c s - C o n r o y
                                                        X 6 X X X . 1 X X 1 X 5 X X 1 . X 1 X X X - X 6 X 6 X

2. Add every number from one's name's vowels:
                                                        6 + 1 + 1 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 6 + 6 = 27

3. If you have multiple digits in the sum, add these numbers together to reduce the number to a single digit.
                                                        2 + 7 = 9

4. Repeat step 3 if you still have a multiple digit number and do so until you have reached a single digit number.

5. You now have your heart number. For example my mother's heart number is 9.

A Heart number of 9 represents completion and achievement to the utmost. It is the complete number (3x3x3). Nines dedicate themselves to service mostly as teachers, scientists and humanitarians. Determined, they work tirelessly and are an inspiration to others, but they can be arrogant and conceited when things don't go their way.

Refer to your text book for more information about the meaning of numbers once you have found your heart number.

"Again we are using the Agrippan method for finding the Heart Number. The Agrippan Method is also on the board for your information and reference. Use the Agrippan method to convert the vowels of your name into their corresponding number. Once you have all the numbers written out, add these numbers. For any of you who have more than one digit in their sum, please add those numbers. If you still have more than one digit continue this until you have reached a single digit. As you can see my mother's heart number is a 9."

Jasper continued, "As you work on your calculations I shall discuss the importance of the heart number. While this is a simple calculation it is important in arithmancy. This number is a way of inner reflecting on who you are at your core. We will discuss the further uses of the Heart Number over your studies in Arithmancy."

"Any questions? If you wish I can look over any Heart Number calculations and even further interrupt the meaning if you wish to turn in your work to me."
                                                        ................................................................................................................

{OoC: }

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2024 12:49 pm
User Image
Professor Marcs
Jasper Ichabod Marcs-Conroy

(Oxford Alumni and trained Arithmancer)(Squib)(Former University of Sydney Statistics Professor)(Arithmancy Professor)

Above the lesson already waiting on the board was the words: "No Wands Out in this Classroom". Jasper was casually studying an arithmancy book written in ancient runes evaluating the use of the Chaldean Method. Once he decided it time for the class, he folded a corner of the book's page, and stood. "Good morning," Jasper greeted. "Today we will evaluate and solve one's Social Number. Again, I will be using my mother's name. Please note the instructions on the board."

On the board was already written the lesson plan due to the complexity of the subject matter:

Chalkboard
                                                        The Social Number (Its Meaning and Finding It)

This number is the face one shows to the world, the outer personality. is determined by adding all the consonants together and reducing it to a single digit.

Calculating A Social Number

User Image

1. Convert the letters of the individual's name to its numerical value.
                                                        M o l l y . A n n a b e l l a . M a r c s - C o n r o y
                                                        4 X 3 3 7 . X 5 5 X 2 X 3 3 X . 4 X 9 3 1 - 3 X 5 9 X 7

2. Add every number from one's name:
                                                        4+3+3+7+5+5+2+3+3+4+9+3+1+3+5+9+7=76

3. If you have multiple digits in the sum, add these numbers together to reduce the number to a single digit.
                                                        7+6=13

4. Repeat step 3 if you still have a multiple digit number and do so until you have reached a single digit number.
                                                        1+3=4

5. You now have your social number. For example my mother's social number is 4.

A Social Number of 4 tend to be stable. Fours enjoy hard work and are practical, reliable and logical. They are good at organization and getting things done. They are also predictable, stubborn, suspicious, and are prone to angry outbursts. The conflicts possible in Two are doubled in Four.

Refer to your text book for more information about the meaning of numbers once you have found your social number.

"I am sure at this point you will notice the trend of using the Agrippan Method. Modern British Arithmancers will mostly use the Agrippan Method to make their calculations. I would even go so far as advise memorizing the Agrippan Method's Calculations at this point. It will save you time which will be important in your future exams," He paused and let out a sigh, "Though I would hope you are here for the sake of learning and not for the sake of OWL and NEWT scores. I'm not so naïve to think some of you are here for the later. And on that note we will continue with finding one's Social Number. I would be surprised if this was not on your exams."

"Finding a Social Number is very similar to the calculations for Character Number and Heart Number. The difference lies in that you only use the consonants of the name. This reflects one's outer self. So far we have solved one's Character, Heart, and Social Number. I find it useful to compare all three and be cautious about weighing one number over the other. Most people are multifaceted. However in the case, like my mother, when two of the numbers are the same that personality will be more prominent in them."

"My mother has a Character and Social Number of 4 which means she is logical and good at organization but she is stubborn, suspicious, and I suppose she does have a bit of a temper which is her general character and how she appears, but we cannot forget at the core she has a heart number she is a 9. Nines are hard workers but also a bit stubborn when facing opposition. It is a balancing act, of course."

Half smiling, the usually grimmer professor said, "If you wish I can review any of your calculations but I suggest you explore how your Character, Heart, and Social Number may interact and perhaps influence your actions."

................................................................................................................

{OoC: }

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Fourth Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items