Reply The Harry Potter Movies
Time to cut the crap Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Defiled

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:03 am
You know, I saw the movies first and afterwards I wasn't even that interested in Harry Potter. I've never really liked the movies much. They just have never done it for me. My boyfriend had to talk me into reading the books, which I loved. The latest movie I especially wasn't fond of. I don't really mind, though, because I still love the books. <3  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:00 pm
people tell me just to enjoy the movie how it is.  

evil_black_cat

Smilexiluvu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:41 pm
omg yes, they RUIN it.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:37 pm
kyomuffins
I don't like what they've done with the movies, but let's admit, they could have done a HELL of alot worse.

And its not all s**t O_o
I agree, I liked the dancing lessons blaugh  

monochan

[ Voldemort ]

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:00 pm
monochan
kyomuffins
I don't like what they've done with the movies, but let's admit, they could have done a HELL of alot worse.

And its not all s**t O_o

instead of dancing alone -

ahaha, YES.
those were gold. <3 adorable.
as was filch. they actually gave him a bit of a personality in this movie, even if only for a laugh. :3
him running into the great hall totally made the entrance fee worthwhile. XD

- i should be dancing with you

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:06 am
Its terrible! They take out scenes that I want to see when I'm reading the book, but they put in a whole bunch of random scenes that they think will just magically fit in with the story. I mean, where'd the World Cup go?  

midget pandas

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:01 pm
[ Voldemort ]
monochan
kyomuffins

And its not all s**t O_o

instead of dancing alone -

ahaha, YES.
those were gold. <3 adorable.
as was filch. they actually gave him a bit of a personality in this movie, even if only for a laugh. :3
him running into the great hall totally made the entrance fee worthwhile. XD

- i should be dancing with you
i disagree i think he looked retarded doing that, the dance lessons were golden, and "why cant you just get one on their own? why do they have to travel in packs?" that was great.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:59 pm
In ALL the other HP movies they have ALWAYS changed it around!!!!!!!!
they seem to ALWAYS take out the good bits and change it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have noticed they sometimes do it in all book based movies for example :Hating Alison Ashley, Erica (the main character) is in the sixth grade and the project they did was on some ballet thing and they changed it in the movie to: erica is the 9th grade and the project they do is Greenland(whatever that is i am not so sure) and the school was:barringa east primary but in the movie because she is in the ninth grade it would have to be:barringa east high school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and in harry potter when the twins take the potion and then they have beards,in the book they were both laughing not FIGHTING! but i guess it's up to the writer JK Rowling to accept the change in the movie or not

Numai Outcast

FayeKasumiValentine1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:43 am
I consider myself a Harry Potter purist, and like to pick at things being taken out. You can't imagine my horror when I heard how short Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire was going to be. Now, I understand books have more chances to explore subplots, pasts, etc. But nearly everything was yanked out of Goblet of Fire, including the extended Crouch/Crouch Jr explanation. I also hated how poor Winky got bubkas. I liked that plot. I think Sirius didn't get nearly enough screen time (I like how he talks to Harry, Ron, and Hermione in the cave.) The third task was nothing like the book. Where was the Spinx? I wanted to see that Spinx so badly!

I think Warner's biggest problem is they have dollar signs in their eyes, and don't really care about the fans. I hate how Harry Potter is only labeled as a "kid's book." I hardly consider OotP and HBP kid's book. I liked Chris Columbus the best, he stayed pretty true to both books. I understand movies and books are two different medium, but there's no need to scrunch a great, long book into a two-hour film!!! If they mess up Order of the Phoenix, they're receiving a lot of nasty hate mail from me. I say we Harry Potter fans protest and not go to the movies if they insist on screwing it up futher.

On a happy note: BOOK SEVEN MIGHT BE OUT NEXT SUMMER! WHOO!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:35 am
Ugghhh, I hate how They spent so much time on Harry fighting the dragon.. I mean really?  

[.Chipped.Not.Broken.]

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:09 pm
merry_pippin
In ALL the other HP movies they have ALWAYS changed it around!!!!!!!!
they seem to ALWAYS take out the good bits and change it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have noticed they sometimes do it in all book based movies for example :Hating Alison Ashley, Erica (the main character) is in the sixth grade and the project they did was on some ballet thing and they changed it in the movie to: erica is the 9th grade and the project they do is Greenland(whatever that is i am not so sure) and the school was:barringa east primary but in the movie because she is in the ninth grade it would have to be:barringa east high school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and in harry potter when the twins take the potion and then they have beards,in the book they were both laughing not FIGHTING! but i guess it's up to the writer JK Rowling to accept the change in the movie or not
yes they were laughing their asses off, it was great!

now the mass boycott of warner bros.? if anything they will still get much more views than any other movie in theaters at the time, I doubt all hp fans come on gaia, let alone this guild.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:16 pm
covo
kyomuffins

And its not all s**t O_o
They could have done worse, so I try not to complain too much.

Its Harry Potter.. It would be hard to make a movie that could ever compare to the books!  

[.Chipped.Not.Broken.]

RedRose07

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:55 pm
kyomuffins

And its not all s**t O_o
i agree  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:47 am
Pistil
No matter how hard you try, book to movie isn't an exact art.

Things have to overlooked, perhaps due to time issues, or feasibility.

And things have to be added, because books describe a lot rather than provide a lot of action.
I agree.  

evy_writer

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cheerleader 200

Arya__SalaStar

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:05 pm
The fist two movies ware alright, the third was a little worse, but the forth was terribal!!! They messed up everything!  
The Harry Potter Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff