Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
How did you learn of Paganism and decide to follow it? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rose Mystica

Beloved Gawker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:15 pm
I was researching color magic for a (now-defunct) story that featured mages and witches as the focal point. 3nodding Thanks to my mighty Google-fu, I landed on RealMagick.net and became fascinated with magic, and, in turn, Paganism (they also had a bunch on Goddesses). This was about four years ago (five in September). 3nodding From there I started researching everything I could about mythology. Every week I checked out the same mythology book from the library and was just drawn in completely. 4laugh

And here I am now. 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:34 pm
My mother raised my brother and I Pagan. She taught us from A to Z. The older I get, the more I realize I use her teachings in everyday life.  

Hitara the Brave

PoeticVengeance

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:24 pm
What type of Paganism?

You are aware that "Pagan" technically covers all of the non-monotheistic non-Abrahamic faiths, right?

^_^  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:13 pm
PoeticVengence
What type of Paganism?

You are aware that "pagan" technically covers all of the non-monotheistic non-Abrahamic faiths, right?

^_^
I know, and that is why I choose the word Paganism.  

MOD66

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:07 pm
PoeticVengence
What type of Paganism?

You are aware that "pagan" technically covers all of the non-monotheistic non-Abrahamic faiths, right?

^_^
In this context it ends up meaning one of the more fringe religions. Along the lines of New-Age, or various Reconstructive paths. The earlier definition is a little out of date by now.  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:14 pm
I had always had a subconcious feeling and knowledge of the beliefs, as though I had always known them. I accepted being Christian because adults told me, but I never understood why everything was that way. When I discovered the Pagan religions, I felt like I had just read a book about something I had always in favor of, and I just felt it was right for me.

As for now, I'm a little lost in religion, mainly because I'm lost in myself, and who I'm supposed to be.  

Tuah

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500

LawrenceIII

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:25 pm
PoeticVengence
What type of Paganism?

^_^

I'm still in the "pot"- I'm making my own path by following the gods and traditions that I agree with.  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:29 pm
Tuah
I had always had a subconcious feeling and knowledge of the beliefs, as though I had always known them. I accepted being Christian because adults told me, but I never understood why everything was that way. When I discovered the Pagan religions, I felt like I had just read a book about something I had always in favor of, and I just felt it was right for me.

As for now, I'm a little lost in religion, mainly because I'm lost in myself, and who I'm supposed to be.

Same here. I didn't get Christianity, so I reseached religions, and now I'm lost trying to make sense of the world. Because of that, I'm now a very wise person, as far as I'm told. I also follow the book Tao Te Ching.  

LawrenceIII

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:13 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
PoeticVengence
What type of Paganism?

^_^
In this context it ends up meaning one of the more fringe religions. Along the lines of New-Age, or various Reconstructive paths. The earlier definition is a little out of date by now.
Indeed; I do tno think it would be presumptious(sp?) to think that the author of the thread intended the newer meaning and was interested in knowing members' various paths. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:13 pm
Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
PoeticVengence
What type of Paganism?

^_^
Indeed; I do tno think it would be presumptious(sp?) to think that the author of the thread intended the newer meaning and was interested in knowing members' various paths. 3nodding
yup i chose paganisum because its an unbrela term like Chirstain covers Batis, Catholic, Roman Catholic, Methodis, ect.  

MOD66

PoeticVengeance

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:45 pm
Twack
PoeticVengence
What type of Paganism?

^_^
I know, and that is why I choose the word Paganism.

3nodding

Sweet.

After I lost faith in the Christian religion I did a full moralistic/philosophical/ethical reset.

Took everything I knew and got rid of it and started from scratch. It was scary, but I did a good job in my opinion of setting it up.

I built my version of it up from a wide variety of Eastern Faiths, following the Kernal of Truth concept and trying to avoid logical fallacy wherever I could.

Called it Etherism, and am working out the kinks as I go along.

There's actually a thread about it here in the guild.

^_^  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:01 am
*coughcoughadvertisingcough*

Cool sig sign.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Kabuki Doll

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:51 am
And here I come out of hiding, again.

Actually, I think I recently discussed with Carl how I've been kind of feeling separated from my faith lately. Life has created a lot of stress I don't need, but I haven't made time for myself to really try and heal, meditate, and just relieve myself using the various practices I've done.

Otherwise, I was born in Ireland in a Celtic Pagan family, and our spirituality has been carried through over 16 generations. Ironically, my mother was not born Pagan, but converted from Catholicism to Paganism when she married my father. She's never been as much into the practice as my sister, brothers, and I have, but she has more respect for a polytheistic spirituality, and the fact that it doesn't patronize you like Catholicm (the sins you commit will turn you over to the pits of hell, etc, etc, she hates that.) But, basically, I'm a Celtic Pagan by blood, if you must.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:53 am
I'll keep this short and simple.
I was raised through many different sects of christianity...lutheran, baptist, pentecostel, etc....and eventually i 'accepted christ' and flet an abrupt shift in my life. so yeah, that was great for about a month, and then my life went to s**t. i lost my friends, my girlfriend cheated on me, etc....so i took a damn hard look at the bible and christian history, and found that this so called religion of love had been spread only through bloody, brutal conquest, and constantly contradicted itself. So, i turned from christianity and became an aetheist for a while, but that didnt seem right. Then came my vampiric awakening, shortly followed by my dragonkin awakening. so i started looking around, and fount that i began having an enormous interest in paganism and magick. I do use a bit of magick now and again, but at this point in time i have no set religion. I'm still looking for which gods appeal to me, and what i must do to give proper worship to them.  

DR490N

Tintreach

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:55 pm
DR490N
I'll keep this short and simple.
I was raised through many different sects of christianity...lutheran, baptist, pentecostel, etc....and eventually i 'accepted christ' and flet an abrupt shift in my life. so yeah, that was great for about a month, and then my life went to s**t. i lost my friends, my girlfriend cheated on me, etc....so i took a damn hard look at the bible and christian history, and found that this so called religion of love had been spread only through bloody, brutal conquest, and constantly contradicted itself. So, i turned from christianity and became an aetheist for a while, but that didnt seem right. Then came my vampiric awakening, shortly followed by my dragonkin awakening. so i started looking around, and fount that i began having an enormous interest in paganism and magick. I do use a bit of magick now and again, but at this point in time i have no set religion. I'm still looking for which gods appeal to me, and what i must do to give proper worship to them.

Paganistic religions is not generally about what gods seem right, most early paganistic religions don't have gods but rely oon the elements. Don't waste time trying to fit your ideas around a certain branch, dictate what you believe in, and then the branch will find you! I suggest you read my read!!!!2 thread, it has my humble suggestions of how to seek and find.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff