Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Knitty Reject Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zahra Ovaci

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:57 am
You know, you can always submit it to [url-http://www.magknits.com/]MagKnits or the AntiCraft smile MagKnits especially is always looking for submissions, since they put out issues so much more frequently.  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:02 pm
Zahra Ovaci
You know, you can always submit it to [url-http://www.magknits.com/]MagKnits or the AntiCraft smile MagKnits especially is always looking for submissions, since they put out issues so much more frequently.
thanks. maybe after im done moving ill look into it. 3nodding  

gemini6184

AngwyMallard

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:16 am
Like others have said, work on the photogarphs.
Knitty photos (especially newer ones) are quite classy - brighter backround along with a better image quality would help.
And yeah, knitty editors seem to be keen in odd things, bright things and really hip stuff. razz
Or atleast what they define as "neat".

I like the top by the by - I have never cabled since I'm still learning the tricks, but I think you've made a pretty use of it here.

Edit: also, I have the feeling they want models that are made from the yarns of their sponsor's.
So maybe, if it was in Merino wool or whatever.. rolleyes

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:13 am
KitsunekoChan

Edit: also, I have the feeling they want models that are made from the yarns of their sponsor's.
So maybe, if it was in Merino wool or whatever.. rolleyes

Ehhhh....I disagree and agree. I do a lot of browsing on knitty and I don't think the patterns favor any particular brand of yarn...or at least any particular brand of yarn that is advertized on knitty. However they DO tend to favor yarns you can't find in a Michael's, Rag-Shop or Wal-Mart. You'd have to check out an independently owned store or order online from a shop that may or may not be sponsering knitty. But you don't have to order from the shops advertized on Knitty (unless it's a yarn like Elann or Knitpicks since they make their own exclusive brand).

But I do agree with this...

Quote:
So maybe, if it was in Merino wool or whatever.

Nothing to really say about merino specifically. But, yes, it does need to be made in a yarn that will let the article of clothing be functional.

Quote:
It ended up too bulky, really. I didnt have the money for cotton yarn at the time, so I used acrylic and i sweat in it. Oh well, next time.

I think that's that is a significant reason as to why it was rejected. It's summer wear and it does look really nice...but it can't function as summer wear because of what it was made from and you've experianced that first-hand. If you ever get the opportunity (argh...cotton does cost so much ;_; ), you should try to remake the top in cotton (or whatever else you think would work), see if it is wearable and take clearer photos of yourself. It should dramatically increase your chances. The design itself looks awesome. smile

And good luck with your dress! biggrin  

Cyanna

gemini6184

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 9:55 pm
believe me i plan on making it in cotton, soon as i get the money. i was just in a hurry

prolly get some yarn for my birthday 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:42 pm
I love it. I guess try again with another pattern. But I like it.  

Lady Austina

11amagirl

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:42 pm
it's cute  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:36 pm
Lady Austina
I love it. I guess try again with another pattern. But I like it.
ive actually got a shrug that may fit the bill. its totally gaudy when it comes to color. so im going to try with that one after i tweak it a bit 3nodding Thanks so much  

gemini6184

buttoneyes

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 7:52 pm
Oh. My Gosh. That is an absolute gorgeous tank top. Knitty is insane. but anyways, i wish i was that talented. The only successful knitting project that I finished was a skinny pink scarf. One time Itried to make gloves and well, it wasn't exactly a rip roaring success.

So I love it, pattern maybe?  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 9:52 pm
buttoneyes
Oh. My Gosh. That is an absolute gorgeous tank top. Knitty is insane. but anyways, i wish i was that talented. The only successful knitting project that I finished was a skinny pink scarf. One time Itried to make gloves and well, it wasn't exactly a rip roaring success.

So I love it, pattern maybe?
yeah once i get the time, i been pretty busy sweatdrop  

gemini6184

switchblade12

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:16 pm
the top is gorgeous  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:13 am
Just so ya know, I'm in love with that top. I'd so knit that in black. smile  

hikikomorihime

bunnehdeo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:25 pm
I think it's cute!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:41 pm
That's a wonderful top!

And, wierd to say, I have a flower just like that sitting in my room. eek rofl  

i-am-upsidedown

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:28 am
i-am-upsidedown
That's a wonderful top!

And, wierd to say, I have a flower just like that sitting in my room. eek rofl
Me too! But mine's pink. whee  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff