New Character Speculation Thread. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tel-Jilad Squirrel

Headstrong Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:46 am
Ahem! After spending much time on the SSBB boards on GameFAQs, I have come to several conclusions and have changed some of my opinions.

First off all, I think that the original 12 Smashers from the first SSB game will stay. Also, I think the only characters who will be cut that were in Melee will be the less popular clones. Which means bye bye Pichu, Dr. Mario, Roy, and Young Link. Also, I think Ganondorf will return with a new moveset, and Falco may come back. If he does stay, he may or may not have a new moveset. The only reason I even say Falco may stay is because he is really popular.

Now, as for third party characters, I want to see Geno. I don't care who the other character is, one of them should be Geno. Geno deserves to be in Brawl.

Ah, now we get to new Nintendo characters. Here is my list:

Lucario: Lucario is perhaps the mascot of the 4th generation of Pokemon, and is defiantly my favorite new one. He would so rock as a character.

Little Mac: Little who? Little Mac was the main character of Punch Out! and Super Punch Out! for the NES and the SNES. The Punch Out! games were boxing games created by Nintendo, therefore making Little Mac and obscure, first-party, retro character who I think would be an amazing choice.

Captain Olimar: As the main character of Shigeru Miyamoto's latest brain child, Captain Olimar would make a fine addition to Brawl.

Diddy Kong: The Donkey Kong franchise desperately needs more representation, and I think DK's main sidekick would make a great choice.

Wolf O'Donnel: Ah, Fox's main rival. I think Wolf is an all around cool character, and as long as he is not a clone I think he would make a great addition.

Well, that is all from me! These are the characters I think have some of the best chances and I would most like to see in Brawl.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:38 am
All Melee characters should return except Dr. Mario, Pichu and Y. Link.

The clones that stay (Falco, Ganondorf and Roy) should be given new movesets.

Two characters that should get in:

Ridley

Wolf O'Donnell

And if there is room Sakurai MUST include Sigurd.  

LemonManX

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 7:24 am
Mr. Game & Watch was a mad-crazy unpopular character, and it bothers me that one would name Roy as being kicked out before G&W would. crying  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:37 pm
i support sonic and tails for brawl, but what i want them to do, is make them together much like the ice climbers, there needs to be another duo that fights together! mrgreen
other than that...
bomberman
earthworm jim
and Toad all deserve spots rofl  

Dynasty_77

LemonManX

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:52 am
The reason alot name Roy as a character that should go before Mr. GAW is because Roy is a clone. And was included as a promo for Fire Emblem 6.

Now I don't want Roy to go, I want both him and Marth to stay and have their moves changed so they are different.

But GaW being so unique gives him a very good chance of returning in SSBB... same goes for the Ice Climbers.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:02 pm
Magical Girl Yossy
Mr. Game & Watch was a mad-crazy unpopular character, and it bothers me that one would name Roy as being kicked out before G&W would. crying

Because, Roy is a clone, he was only put in to advertise his game, and Fire Emblem fans don't like Roy. I think Roy is more popular as a SSBM character than he is as a FE character.

Mr. G&W isn't that unpopular, has an original moveset, and is the sole representitive of his game series. He has a very high chance of staying.  

Tel-Jilad Squirrel

Headstrong Bookworm

Soiree

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:19 pm
ya'll are crazy.

it's all about Mr. Game and Watch! biggrin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:57 am
new comers:

Banjo
B:Claw Sweep
Left/Right B razz ack Whack
Up B:Flip jump
Down B:Forward Roll

tooty:
a:punch
b:elemenatal attack:fire(shoots a fireball like mario)water(sends a stream of water'rare')
ice(freezes an enemy)
earth(shoots pebbles or death vines'very rare')
dark(makes tooty look dark and scary and starts attacking anyone[not your team mates]might make u "dark tooty" for the whole battle'ultra rare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!')
taunt:starts playing piccolo
down b:spin(same as mario)
up b sad same as pikachu)

mumbo
B: Zap
Bv: Golden Goliath Kick
B^: Zap dash (Shocks self to create a electric dash)
B > / <: Leviatate (Slams opponent to floor)
Taunt: Tosses his staff up and grabs it.
Special Strike: Boulder! Leviatates a giant boulder and crushes the enemy.

sonic
B triple Kick (Mario Punch Combo)
Bv Spin Dash (Charge by Repeadedly Pressing B)(Jigglypuff Rollout)
B^ Light Dash (Fox's Fire Fox)
B> Sonic Burst (Fox's Speed Dash)  

Boogoohead_teh_fire_yoshi

clownrus

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:37 am
Tel-Jilad Squirrel
Magical Girl Yossy

Because, Roy is a clone, he was only put in to advertise his game, and Fire Emblem fans don't like Roy. I think Roy is more popular as a SSBM character than he is as a FE character.

Mr. G&W isn't that unpopular, has an original moveset, and is the sole representitive of his game series. He has a very high chance of staying.

Mr. G&W was a waist of creating. He should not be put into the game at all. Roy...Roy shouldn't be put into the game either, they should keep Marth though.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:53 pm
i think all the characters should stay, but the clones (luigi, dr. mario, falco, y. link, ganondorf, roy, pichu) should have new moves
New characters:
sonic
shadow
tails
knuckles
richard (castlevania)
boo
toad
bowser jr.(super mario sunshine)
silver the hedgehog
koopa and paratroopa  

Krisst_Billous

The Moon Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:04 pm
needs more characters known in other video games like Donkey Kong series they need:
• Diddy
• Dixie

They also need characters like from Star Fox series like
• Krystal
• Star Wolf

They need characters from the Earth Bound series
• Paula
• Poo

People from the F-Zero series like
• Samurai Goroh
• Black Bull  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:02 pm
MoonMonkey forgot Metroid.

Ridley for Brawl.  

LemonManX

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:38 am
Ooh! Nice!

So, since it's the Twilight Princess Link in Brawl, do you think he will have the power to turn himself into a wolf? Similar to Zelda's transformation into Shiek, in Melee...

I doubt I would play as Wolf Link very often, but the possibility is there and I wanted to mention it to hear what others would think.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:51 pm
God help them if peach doesn't appear in that game..  

freaksheet

nitnit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:15 am
I made some jokes about this in another thread, here's my serious list of possibilities (items included)

Also note that if Adventure mode is expanded upon, there will be more enemies, and possibly boss characters.

Very Likely

Waluigi - He's Luigi's enemy, and has been becomming a regular mario cast member

Captain Olimar - Since he's a miyamoto character, and he has potential (peach style pikin pulling and throwing anyone?) he's a good possibility. Also look out for his brother making an appearance, whether or not he's a character clone is debatable. If Olimar dosen't make it as a char, I bet the pikmin will be an item of some sort (think mister saturn) - OR peach will have a chance uprooting a pikmin by mistake

KingDeeDeeDee - DDD is more famous than metaknight (who's in the game). He's also got the perfect feel of a SSBM char (think stronger ice climber). If he dosen't make it as a character, he will most likely be an enemy of some sorts.

Toad, Boo, Koopa Kid, or other Mario related chars - These guys have been popping up as playable characters in almost all the Mario games lately, so it would make sense to let them join in the fight.

Wolf and Krystal - since SF assault, Wolf and Kystal have gained quite a bit of popularity, it woulden't be unlikely to see them here. Also look out for Andross as a boss, he would be sort of like master plus crazy hand with a face.

Something Final Fantasy Related - In case anyone's noticed, every final fantasy game before 7 has been released, and rereleased on a nintendo console. There've even been some extra ones, including Crystal Chronicals and Tactics Advance. It woulden't be a longshot if a moogle was included as a character or item.

Metroid Enemies - while they probably won't make it as characters (ridley probably woulden't work out that well) Ridley, Kraid, Mother Brain, Space Pirates, and the Metroids could make it as enemies for the adventure mode.

The FLUDD and Polterguiest are very possible to be items.

Moderately likely (it's possible, but don't count on it)

Lyn, Eliwood, Hector or another Fire Emblem character - The first NA fire emblem game was relatively successful, so it would make sense to put one of the characters in. I'm hoping for Lyn (since she's hot blaugh )

Longshots (these probably won't happen, but could) -

BanjoKazooie - BK1 and 2 were two of the greatest games I've ever played. They are only on nintendo consoles, and Rare has shown desire to put them in something (a couple E3s ago they put Banjo in a few secs in a trailer). However - since Microsoft owns rare now, this possibility is reduced greatly.

Sora - Sora/Kingdom Hearts has had a ridiculous amount of popularity, AND Chain of Memories was a GBA game. Plus, he has the look and feel of a SSB character.

Chrono Trig. Characters - Again, I'm putting this as a longshot. Even though there's a huge fanbase, when people think of nintendo, they don't really think about Crono.

Viewtiful Joe and Sexy Silvia - It's possible, joe and sylvia play like SSB characters in their own game, but it isn't very likely.

Golden Sun characters - This is possible, it was one of the more popular GBA RPG games, but they don't really have the feel of SSB

Theories I'd like to shoot down:

Bomberman - Putting bomberman in the game woulden't be in the best interest of Hudsen since they recently screwed him over with Bomberman Zero. Putting him in as classic Bman would make the new bomberman seem abandoned, and putting in the new one would just suck.

Sonic Characters - There is a HUGE demand for this character. However, I have a few reasons why he probably won't make it:

- Since Sonic is probably the most demanded fighter to be made, they probably would have announced him at E3 (they used Snake as their trump card instead though)

- Sonic himself isn't very SSBey, Sonic himself never uses his fists... however, knuckles and amy have the feel of SSB characters.

- Sonic has always been a bitter rival of mario in the marketing world... not putting Sonic in would be Miyamoto's little way of claiming superiority.

Master Chief - WTF guys, that's not possible at all.

4th gen. Pokemon - There won't be enough time for NA players to have enjoyed these pokemon to include them. Not to mention there's never been a playable pokemon beyond 1st gen.  
Characters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff