Paganism and Homosexuality Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Can the two mix?
  Absolutely!
  Not for me no.
  Hmm. That's a thinker.. gimme some time..
View Results

toboetsukasa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:05 pm

As a homosexual myself im going to say that I think I can be me and still worship my gods and goddesses.. I love being who I am why should my sexuality effect my divine province? I like who I am and I have met several other homosexual pagans... So is this subject I stand firm in saying that it's perfectly okay.. Merry Part and Blessed Be..
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:23 pm

Sure it does. Hell, it's one of the reasons I am Pagan rolleyes

Shadow Chyld

LawrenceIII

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:53 pm

I'm bisexul, and so is everybody I pray with. So yes, as love has no gender or race.

Go ORPHEUS!
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:13 pm

LawrenceIII
Im bisexul and so is every body i pray with so yes cuz love has no gnedar or race

Go ORPHEUS
Orpheus? What does Orpheus have to do with homosexuality?

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Quadadiddle
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:41 pm

I forget here exactly, but I remember reading something about tribes that actually held their bisexual members as the closest to the Gods, for they could fall in love with not only the body but the spirit.

Just a snipper I find interesting.
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:07 pm

Quadadiddle
I forget here exactly, but I remember reading something about tribes that actually held their bisexual members as the closest to the Gods, for they could fall in love with not only the body but the spirit.

And the Greeks saw homsexual love as more holy that heterosexual love.

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

MOD66

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:15 pm

[ Message temporarily off-line ]
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:19 pm

Nihilistic Seraph
LawrenceIII
Im bisexul and so is every body i pray with so yes cuz love has no gnedar or race

Go ORPHEUS
I'm curious, myself. question

Jameta
Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:20 pm

Nihilistic Seraph
Quadadiddle

And the Greeks saw homsexual love as more holy that heterosexual love.
I think we should go back to old gymnasiums. heart
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:23 pm

[ Message temporarily off-line ]

Jameta
Captain

Tintreach

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:45 pm

Homosexuality is part of human nature, and thus is part of Paganism. The only reason other religions cast homosexuality out, is through the fear that the human race would die out! or that many who banned it suffered some horrible experiences!
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:49 pm

Tintreach
Homosexuality is part of human nature, and thus is part of Paganism. The only reason other religions cast homosexuality out, is through the fear that the human race would die out! or that many who banned it suffered some horrible experiences!
in my experiences i asked an adult about this and he was very keen on keeping homosexuals out of his and all other churches. he was afriad that he or some other guy would be raped by that person and turn gay! i was infuriated and said a lot of valgur things to him and walked away. i really hate, i use hate because i wont take it back, people that fear gay people.

MOD66

jessicamundi

Time-traveling Shapeshifter

20,800 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:44 pm

1) How do non-heterosexual sexualities coincide with Beltane?

Well I know many people who are involved in sacred sexuality have said that the two people in a sex magick ritual each represent one member of the Divine female and male. That is one of the pair represents the female (the Shakti, in Tantra) and the other represents the male (Shiva). After all there is generally one role that is more dominant than the other at any one given moment in such a ritual. However things continue to increase in complexity and the traditional ideas continue to modify themselves under the pressures of expanding consciousness.

2) How does gender work for paganism?

Personally, as someone born male, but who lives mostly as female, and who does not choose to identify with a gender; I do not believe the our ultimate spiritual beings have any gender whatsoever. The true Divine nature within us is not gendered, by my belief. As a result, I consider myself spiritosexual (attracted to a person's soul). It's not simply a philosophy, but I really don't find any more attraction in one person to the next because of their gender(s) or lack thereof. I can find a guy hot, a girl cute, a girl handsome, a guy beautiful, or whatever. I DO appreciate the beauty that comes with gendered traits, but I have no bias against how they come. Appearance is a physical attraction to be enjoyed, but it is not the key factor that drives the higher levels of attraction. The higher levels of attraction, which are consulted when seeking out fellow practitioners of sex magick in addition to plain physical attraction, follow the confluence of souls that are the people involved.

Other terms of attraction I use are pansexuality (for physical attraction), and sapiosexuality (for mental attraction; that is, attracted to people of intelligence). I feel that all these are interconnected and necessary for the ideal union that is the great rite. But even if you are not getting involved in sex magick (which no one under 18 should even think about yet, nor should people under 21 really bother with; I'm 25 and just beginning to wrap myself around this), these traits are no less important.

In fact I believe that most people develop their understanding of sexual attraction by these steps. First at puberty there is physical attraction. Then after a little experience there is mental attraction. You look for more than just cute looks. Then it's not just about a brain and cute looks, but a person whose soul really matches your own. You see the perfect union, regardless of gender or sexuality. You just know with all your body, mind, and soul. heart
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:02 pm

Jameta
Nihilistic Seraph
LawrenceIII

Go ORPHEUS
I'm curious, myself. question
he is the only greek god i pray to and greeks aceepted homosexals

LawrenceIII

WickedDecember

Dapper Dabbler

4,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:53 am

I think even if you're not pagan, love is love is love is love, no matter if your male female or both.
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff