-
  Sony
  Microsoft
  Nintendo =)
View Results

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:27 pm
Kingdom Hearts (PS2) and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (GBA) are good games wink I won't steer you wrong ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:29 pm
NCFTM
Some of my friends were talking about "dead pixels" in the PSP? And how if your PSP has some "dead pixels", it will most likely not be exchanged for another PSP. xp

What are "dead pixels"? sweatdrop  

RAB1D RABB1T

Aged Noob

9,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:56 pm
"Dead Pixels" are yet another "first generation" flaw that Sony is infamous for in their gaming consoles, this case the PSP.

They are, essentially, areas of the screen in which pixels will not show up. It creates an unclean picture, including, but not limited to, blurring of image.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:14 pm

Sadly enough, it is rumoured that Apple is coming out with an Ipod that is a gaming handheld with the BONUS of music and videos. I havent seen much hipe for it, but I think unlike the psp, it wont be crap. I have nothing wrong with Apple doing this, I actually like Apple, they make good electronics. I just wanna know what you all think.

I stronly dislike Atari. I dunno...but it seems not many people know that Atari almost killed videogames. Atari made their console that was crappy, wasnt fun, and looked horrible. People didnt like it, they liked going to arcades and playing Pacman. No one bought one, and people stopped going to arcades.

Then Nintendo, a 100 year old card company, came out with the NES and people loved it. People bought the NES and gaming became more popular than ever. Nintendo brought gaming back from pretty much...the dead. Without Nintendo there would be no Playstation or Xbox. Take that. Its the 100% truth. I think you can read up on it on the G4TechTV website..but Im not sure. It was on an episode of Icons. So before you go saying Xbox and Playstation are so great, did they save videogames from extinction?

I needed to rant -_-

Owl and Pussycat

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:04 pm
*sigh* I don't much care for Apple... I don't mean to offend those who do, however. I'll also note that I don't much care for Microsoft ninja I haven't heard of this iPod gaming system. If they make it anything like the iPod Photo, it'll be outragiously priced at $800 -_-;

Atari did, nearly, collapse the gaming industry. Atari and Infogramers, that is wink They both were a dieing, collapsing market. Nintendo then came in, revived the market, and drove them all but out of business. They survived by making games for the NES.

Atari and Infogramers' consoles only really became popular with the "retro" trend that is popping up, now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:29 pm
Edymion
*sigh* I don't much care for Apple... I don't mean to offend those who do, however. I'll also note that I don't much care for Microsoft ninja I haven't heard of this iPod gaming system. If they make it anything like the iPod Photo, it'll be outragiously priced at $800 -_-;

Atari did, nearly, collapse the gaming industry. Atari and Infogramers, that is wink They both were a dieing, collapsing market. Nintendo then came in, revived the market, and drove them all but out of business. They survived by making games for the NES.

Atari and Infogramers' consoles only really became popular with the "retro" trend that is popping up, now.

Yeah. Apple is okay I think. The Ipod is really good for what it is. And yeah, I can see them pricing this item out of this world. So much that no normal person will have one. Buts its kinda interesting. Apple always make cool things, even if you dont want any of them. The mini computer is pretty neato, I must say.

Gotta love Nintendo. Probally 99.9% of Playstation and Xbox fanboys dont know that the Playstation and the Xbox wouldnt be around if it wasnt for Nintendo. I dispise the Xbox the very most because its flippin' Microsoft and they dont need anymore money. They think that they can just come in, and take over. Same with Sony! They 'pwn' in the DVD and Music electronics catagorys. They dont need anymore money either! At least Nintendo is only videogames.

Owl and Pussycat

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:07 pm
Fun Facts:

Microsoft was sued for imbedding Internet Explorer as an integral component of Windows due to the monopoly clause. Nobody batted an eye when they announced the X-Box in 1998.

Microsoft loses money on every X-Box sold, but they quickly gain it back in revenues from X-Box Live, not to mention the most expensive "new release" titles on the market.

A new X-Box game averages $64.99, retail.

If one were to buy all the X-Box hard-ware required for the best play out of a single game (MechAssault), it would cost nearly $500.00 (not including the game). The equipment is only usable in said single game, possibly it's sequel...but that isn't confirmed.

Despite the advantages DVD had upon the first PlayStation release, cartridge-based technologies continued to advance (via GameBoy) to the point that a GBA-sized cartridge can hold more than an SNES cartridge could and a N64 cartridge could, in theory, hold as much as a Sega CD game disc.

The media continues to over-hype the PSP's UMD format despite the rediculous cost of producing even a single movie on one. A company is more likely to lose money on a UMD transition, release, and sale due to proprietation and licensing. I believe the average retail necessary for profit off of a UMD movie is upwards of $39.99, possibly higher.

GBA cartridges cost $29.99 - 34.99 upon release. NDS game cards cost $29.99 - 39.99 upon release. PSP UMD game discs cost upwards of $49.99 upon release.

NGC mini-DVD game discs cost $39.99 - 59.99 (two disc games) upon release (average $52.33). PlayStation2 DVD game discs cost $49.99 - 64.99 upon release (high-end may be low...; average $53.25). X-Box DVD game discs cost $59.99 - 89.99 upon release (average $64.99).

Sony has a larger library of "current generation" Educational (or "kiddy") games than any other console, and that includes percentage-wise. The media still refers to Nintendo as "kiddy" -- completely based off the of the pefered graphical presentation of games.

A game that was released on all consoles and rated Mature managed to get nudity on the GameCube and X-Box, but the PlayStation version had the nudity censored -- Japan and US release on all consoles.

Since the original PlayStation was released, graphic-intensive and story-lacking games became the norm, and the video game industry saw a decline in over-all sales. Since the GameCube, over-all sales have increased with the return of story-intense gaming.

The NDS has two Final Fantasy games slated for it, Final Fantasy III and Final Fantasy: Chrystal Chronicles. The PSP has one game and one movie scheduled for it, Crisis Core - Fanal Fantasy VII (tenative title) and Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

First Generation PlayStation (original, 2, and Portable), and Sony in general, products are buggy. It's usually best to wait until Third Generation products.

The PlayStation Hard-Drive is not compadible with some earlier generations of the PS2 and the Slim-Line.

The PS3 is not the next-generation console! It is a modified PS2! The only differance being that the HD is built into it!

Since the release of the NDS, the most speculated upon system is the yet-to-be released N5 Revolution. It's also the most media-bashed system despite not a one detail being known on it.

Contrary to popular belief, there is a GameCube that one can play full-sized DVDs on! I don't recall the manufacturer, however.

IBM and ATI sponsor Nintendo, exclusively!

Nintendo is about to release the first-ever Company Sponsored "Free to Play" internet gaming for a console with Animal Crossing for the DS. It is the first in a line of planned gaming releases.

ninja I ran out of fun facts... razz  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:14 pm

Yay for the lovely facts <3

Owl and Pussycat

[N] i n [M] a s t e r

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:49 pm
Got a bunch of facts there Ed surprised

Thank you for you're time to list all these  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:33 pm
razz It's called having a lot of time on your hands wink  

Edymion
Captain

Owl and Pussycat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:43 pm
Edymion
razz It's called having a lot of time on your hands wink

I guess so surprised

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:24 pm
^_^

It seems they were liked, none-the-less. I really need to find some interesting facts on Sega, Atari, and Infogramers systems...  

Edymion
Captain

Owl and Pussycat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 6:05 pm
Edymion
^_^

It seems they were liked, none-the-less. I really need to find some interesting facts on Sega, Atari, and Infogramers systems...

Mmmm Yes.

My brain = sponge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:56 pm
That's good to know.  

Edymion
Captain

CirePrahs

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:06 pm
There was a showing of X-box "360" ,as they're calling it, on MTV today of all places! eek  
Nintendo Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff