Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Meditation and Movement Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kuroyue

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:30 pm

I know a bit of Tai-chi. It's all about balance. You're supposed to spread your spiritual energy equally around your body through slow, graceful movements and inhaling and exhaling evenly. I only know a few exercises, but it's very relaxing. 3nodding Look it up sometime. Also, it's been known to improve your health a bit, if you keep going at it.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:23 am

Thanks for the input, gang. I'll be sure to look into it more when I have the opportunity. 3nodding

Jameta
Captain

LawrenceIII

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:46 pm

I do things differently for each god I pray to. For Orpheus, I sit on my knees and bow, but for Thor, I sit cross leged, put my hands out and close my eyes. This is also how I talk to other souls (dead or living).

My cousin says I floated once when I fell aasleep after trying to talk to a demon (that was talking to my other cousin), and that I was bleeding. That was the last time I tried to find a demon.
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:18 pm

I find my self sliping into a trance when ever i talk. but when i stop, when ever that is, i dont rember what i said

MOD66

Ezinu

Unbeatable Hoarder

4,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:38 pm

Twack
I find my self sliping into a trance when ever i talk. but when i stop, when ever that is, i dont rember what i said
I do the same thing. Sometimes it's a bit annoying when someone wants you to repeat what you just said and you can't remember what it was, or you know you just said something profound and you can't remember it. I always feel dumb asking someone, "What did I just say?"
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:42 pm

I used to use weed to induce a meditational state (I don't do that anymore, just for the record, nor do I think that it's a bad thing to do!), and I would find myself rocking in circles after I pulled myself out of a deep mediation. Recently, however, I have not found any time to sit and meditate, especially since I live in Arizona with no AC ,and it gets really hot in my room.

Ezinu

Unbeatable Hoarder

4,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:53 am

i'm not able to meditate...i can't get my mind to slow down long enough and it seems like the harder i try, the harder it is to do...so, i've given up on that for now...it always makes me more frustrated and stressed rather than relaxed (which sort of defeats the whole purpose doesn't it?)
anyways, maybe i'll try again once i move out...kinda hard to try anything involving quiet around here sweatdrop
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:35 pm

ღஐღ
In Zen Buddhist meditation, it's recommended that one alternates between sitting meditation (for about thirty minutes) and walking meditation (for a further fifteen minutes). Walking meditation has a long history in Buddhism, but is given the most attention in the Zen traditions.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tenzin Chodron

Disciple of Pog

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:02 pm

It depends on what I'm doing or why I am meditating. As many people have said I often jog and think of absolutely nothing but the sound of my blood pumping to my muscles, this helps me stay energized longer.

Of course I'm subconsious of my surroundings, too.... I don't wanna get hit by a car, or run into a tree.
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:55 pm

Yeah it hard for em to stand still, so I have a problem meditating, but it seems aklmsot meditationanl gettign clsoe to the earth or boulderhopping...

T-kal Thornside

Dapper Smoker

3,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

jessicamundi

Time-traveling Shapeshifter

20,800 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:05 pm

I have a mind that tends to continually be in motion, so I find still meditation difficult. Although, that means I'm very interested in working on that kind of meditation, because it can help transform the way I think, allowing me to stop for a second and NOT think for a change.

Other ways I meditate or go into trance are motion-based. I know that I have gotten into trance-like states through dance and through drumming in a circle. If you just sit and drum the same beat for a while, listening to the rest of the circle around you, you can just lose yourself sometimes. Dancing has had the best results for me. In dance, you can easily lose yourself. Sometimes, I even begin breathing in time with the music; bringing my body into a rhythmically ecstatic state. It's absolutely beautiful. However, when doing motion-based meditation, you run the risk of hindering others in interaction, thus lessening the positive energy of the environment.

That's the benefit of still meditation. You have no outer effect on the world. It is an inner journey. It is safe and is the best route for beginners (sadly not where I started my explorations). The more direct your interaction with others in spiritually transitive states is, the more risk there is involved of having the reverse of your intended effect. So I would say the order of risk would be: still meditation, still group meditation, group meditation in motion (i.e. swaying, spinning, or dancing), group meditation in music/motion (i.e. drumming circles with music, dancing, and even singing), and other methods that are not appropriate to speak of here.
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:39 pm

Well a little movement is just fine from what I've read .. I come from a Buddhist/Hindu background so meditation comes very naturally to me. I find that when I meditate I can feel my heart beating, and I sometimes sway a little with that. It actually helps. surprised

I figure if you're uncomfortable while meditating, you're only going to focus on the discomfort. So sometimes I lay down if I just don't have the energy to sit up. Although falling asleep is common, I often slip into dreamlike states when this happens, it's really quite beneficial. Often the dreams that I get after falling asleep during meditation are more helpful than the actual meditation!

The Viscount

Liberal Sex Symbol

5,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Your Lovelife

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:04 pm

I actually find it easiest to meditate when I'm at a concert, and dont know the song; because then I find myself sitting at the back wall, concentrating on the vibration from the base. Its the one time my mind doesn't travel from one topic to another..
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:44 am

I'm quite good at meditation and can do it at any time almost depends on whether it's only just for centering or if it's for a long cleansing.

When I center I just picture a black absorbing veil fall down over all my thoughts and tada after about two minutes I can zoom in on one thought.

When it's for longer periodes I need to shut down all thoughts, so it's a bit more tricky since my mind keeps alternating between thinking from the back of my head and from the front.

Goddess Hekate
Crew

WickedDecember

Dapper Dabbler

4,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:47 pm

Lol i bob as well and i've llearned it is because of heartbeat. When very still my pulse becomes realized to me and my body moves withits rhythem only slightly. its perfectly natural i'm told.
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff