Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
The Ouija board.--Question for all on page 3. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

QueenCrystal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:29 am

Rakei
QueenCrystal
Rakei
first of I'd suggest you cleanse it and make a phychic shield around it to let nothing evil, dark or negative get near it. A shielding spell around yourself wouldn't hurt at all if you don't know how to there are some out there...( http://www.avatarsearch.com/ is a great place to search for occult things some of the sites it brings can be junk but others are ok)

Now personally I won't ever touch a Oujia board mostly becase I'm sensitive to emotions and even if it was new there would be people in the world thats connected on the other planes of existence [there is beleived to be 7 including this one] and they could have their horror or fright wrapped around the board... also I can hear the past, faintly, but its there sometimes, like deja-vus it just appears... now I'm talking about myself gotta stop sweatdrop

and as all the others have said treat the spirits with respect try not to ask anything about their death too (it could upset them, but this is intuition speaking)
I have a questions. What do you mean by you're sensitive to emotions? and thanks for the site that I can use.

I'm empathic I can get overwhelmed by others strong emotions like happyness, anger, sadness...etc. it happens sometimes that when I'm Sad I just switch over to by over happy without even maning to or when i'm happy someone walks past me and suddenly I'm pissed off for no reason what-so-ever...
Oh okay, I understand, thanks.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:42 am

Atma311
QueenCrystal
Atma311
Well, first, I don't believe in demons. I believe that spirits can be mean/dangerous/tricksters, but never compeltely "evil".

Second, when contacting spirits, you can specifically tell the bad/evil spirits that they are not allowed there. I don't recall who told me (I think my Priestess), but I remember that you have to tell spirits that they specifically may enter only if they are kind and well-meaning unless you want trouble.

That's just what I've been told, though.
So...you're saying if I begin the board, and then say. "evil sprits arent welcome, leave now" or something, wouldnt that cause them to get mad and want to damage one of my friends or me, physically?

Actually, I was saying there wouldn't be any bad spirits contacting you if you don't invite them to do so. Basically, ask that only good, well-meaning spirits to contact you. Inviting "any and all spirits" to talk to you is A BAD IDEA.

@ Keistera: Thanks for your input. I was never sure if you could use a Ouija board alone until you said you had done so.

@ Blu: Thanks for the book title. I might look it up. I'm actually a bit interested in getting a ouija board myself (once I get some money sweatdrop )
Thanks for the information, I really need it now and thanks to everyone else who has given it :3

QueenCrystal

QueenCrystal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:47 am

blukattt
QueenCrystal
Atma311
Well, first, I don't believe in demons. I believe that spirits can be mean/dangerous/tricksters, but never compeltely "evil".

Second, when contacting spirits, you can specifically tell the bad/evil spirits that they are not allowed there. I don't recall who told me (I think my Priestess), but I remember that you have to tell spirits that they specifically may enter only if they are kind and well-meaning unless you want trouble.

That's just what I've been told, though.
So...you're saying if I begin the board, and then say. "evil sprits arent welcome, leave now" or something, wouldnt that cause them to get mad and want to damage one of my friends or me, physically?
I would probably say negative energies instead of "evil spirits"; some malevolent spirits don't consider themselves such, and a "non-evil" spirit could do you harm if it is angered enough. By saying "negative energies", your preventing any bad stuff coming from normally "good" sources as well as the bad ones. 3nodding

Also, I don't think Parker Brothers makes the Ouija Board anymore; I recommend the Cryptique Board...it's pretty much the same thing, but made by a company in Salem, rather than the company that brings you Chutes and Ladders, and other games.
They still do have it, and I dont have enough money proberlly, and whats is the diffrerence between an Ouija board and a Cryptique Board?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:26 pm

Atma311
Actually, I was saying there wouldn't be any bad spirits contacting you if you don't invite them to do so. Basically, ask that only good, well-meaning spirits to contact you. Inviting "any and all spirits" to talk to you is A BAD IDEA.

@ Keistera: Thanks for your input. I was never sure if you could use a Ouija board alone until you said you had done so.

@ Blu: Thanks for the book title. I might look it up. I'm actually a bit interested in getting a ouija board myself (once I get some money sweatdrop )

Er... no problem. I'm sure several people have done it before me, though... and I was ten at the time. I do attempt it every once in a while, but my board just isn't very co-operative (after being yelled at, can you really blame it?). I'm more careful now than I was then, now that I know better. sweatdrop

Keistera

QueenCrystal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:34 am

Keistera
akwila
ouija boards can be very dangerous. my seggestion is A) do not use it, or B) make sure evry one involved is totally serious. it would help if they were witches, cuz then they would know how to concentrate thier energies, and how to put up a maintain the magick circle. so when and if you do this, make sure they are fully aware of what they are doing, and make sure that if you contact a specific spirit, that it has only crossed over recently, as that it may be reincarnated in a body, and that can cause problems.....and when calling them be polite, they may not wish to be disturbed. and if they become, unwelcome, then ask them to leave, politely!

*cough* 'Pardon me, but you really don't have to be a witch to know how to concentrate your energies. Those involved with the metaphysical aren't always witches. stare I'm sure people outside Witchcraft are fully capable of concentrating their energies...

A Ceremonial Magician can also build and maintain a "Magic(k) Circle"(tm)... it isn't just a witch/wiccan thing, and I'm certain it existed long before that.

If you're so afraid of the Ouija Board, then don't use it. Some entities might feed off that fear and use it to their advantage - you know, playing tricks, messing with your mind. If you're fully expecting bad things to happen, then they will.

I recieved a Ouija board for Christmas when i was 10 or 11. I didn't know much about them, aside from Unsolved Mysteries stories and such. I went into a room with it when I was home alone, and sat down. After several minutes, I got into contact with a "spirit". He told me his name (Aaron K.), and that he lived during the 1800s, died in 1845 - around the time of an expedition that I was quite interested in at the time. He went on to tell me that he didn't like a certain John Torrington, who died on this expedition, because of something minor... can't recall what it was. I proceeded to tell him off, and he never came back. I haven't been able to use that board since, nothing happens. I feel no fear around it. I'm not as patient now as I used to be, though... or maybe I am and just haven't tried.

Anyway, this is turning into a novel. stare So, I'll end by saying, wait until you and your friends are fully prepared before playing with the world of the occult. Make sure you have intent, and not doing it "just 'cause it might be fun". Oh, and if you absolutely must, be sure you pray for protection to whatever Gods you follow, to cover all bases. Do a bit of research, too, so you know how to better prepare yourself and your friends.

... I sound like I'm preaching, though I certainly don't mean to. xp
Thanks for your advice. I know that it can be dangerous and all, and my friends and I are working on our Soul Magick, until I use it, but I wont let them until im sure we fully understand and have everything that we need. I know this isnt a game, so I am making sure me and my friends are fully prepaired for anything that happens. We dont have fear, but just being ready is good.

Btw, you shouldive dont it by your self, it works best with 2 or more people.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:19 am

QueenCrystal
Thanks for your advice. I know that it can be dangerous and all, and my friends and I are working on our Soul Magick, until I use it, but I wont let them until im sure we fully understand and have everything that we need. I know this isnt a game, so I am making sure me and my friends are fully prepaired for anything that happens. We dont have fear, but just being ready is good.

Well, it was 8 or 9 years ago, so the sentiment - though appreciated - is kinda useless. wink The fact that it worked at the time was enough for me then. Nobody that I know is brave or intelligent enough to use it with me now, so it sits collecting dust under my bed - and probably will for the rest of its time with me.
So, yes, I "shouldn't have" done it by myself... but I did. A long time ago. Can't change that, and I wouldn't dream of it. I'm sure I learned something useful, I just don't know what it is. xd LOL!

... Soul Magic(k)? Whassat, if you don't mind me asking?

Keistera

QueenCrystal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:10 pm

Keistera
QueenCrystal

Well, it was 8 or 9 years ago, so the sentiment - though appreciated - is kinda useless. wink The fact that it worked at the time was enough for me then. Nobody that I know is brave or intelligent enough to use it with me now, so it sits collecting dust under my bed - and probably will for the rest of its time with me.
So, yes, I "shouldn't have" done it by myself... but I did. A long time ago. Can't change that, and I wouldn't dream of it. I'm sure I learned something useful, I just don't know what it is. xd LOL!

Well, Soul Magick, I believe is when one focuses on their on element, and tries to control it within ones self.

Like me for instance, My element is very hard to contol because its Earth. Which is the hardest of all the elements to obtain/ control. Anywho, I try to find all the earth within my self and focus it, and concentrate (sp?) it so I can use it.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:12 pm

Keistera
akwila
ouija boards can be very dangerous. my seggestion is A) do not use it, or B) make sure evry one involved is totally serious. it would help if they were witches, cuz then they would know how to concentrate thier energies, and how to put up a maintain the magick circle. so when and if you do this, make sure they are fully aware of what they are doing, and make sure that if you contact a specific spirit, that it has only crossed over recently, as that it may be reincarnated in a body, and that can cause problems.....and when calling them be polite, they may not wish to be disturbed. and if they become, unwelcome, then ask them to leave, politely!

*cough* 'Pardon me, but you really don't have to be a witch to know how to concentrate your energies. Those involved with the metaphysical aren't always witches. stare I'm sure people outside Witchcraft are fully capable of concentrating their energies...

A Ceremonial Magician can also build and maintain a "Magic(k) Circle"(tm)... it isn't just a witch/wiccan thing, and I'm certain it existed long before that.

If you're so afraid of the Ouija Board, then don't use it. Some entities might feed off that fear and use it to their advantage - you know, playing tricks, messing with your mind. If you're fully expecting bad things to happen, then they will.

I recieved a Ouija board for Christmas when i was 10 or 11. I didn't know much about them, aside from Unsolved Mysteries stories and such. I went into a room with it when I was home alone, and sat down. After several minutes, I got into contact with a "spirit". He told me his name (Aaron K.), and that he lived during the 1800s, died in 1845 - around the time of an expedition that I was quite interested in at the time. He went on to tell me that he didn't like a certain John Torrington, who died on this expedition, because of something minor... can't recall what it was. I proceeded to tell him off, and he never came back. I haven't been able to use that board since, nothing happens. I feel no fear around it. I'm not as patient now as I used to be, though... or maybe I am and just haven't tried.

Anyway, this is turning into a novel. stare So, I'll end by saying, wait until you and your friends are fully prepared before playing with the world of the occult. Make sure you have intent, and not doing it "just 'cause it might be fun". Oh, and if you absolutely must, be sure you pray for protection to whatever Gods you follow, to cover all bases. Do a bit of research, too, so you know how to better prepare yourself and your friends.

... I sound like I'm preaching, though I certainly don't mean to. xp
i just said that because witches seem more intue with what is happening (in the case of ouija), than the averge person......thats all

Akwila

Rakei

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:16 pm

QueenCrystal
Keistera
QueenCrystal

Well, Soul Magick, I believe is when one focuses on their on element, and tries to control it within ones self.

Like me for instance, My element is very hard to contol because its Earth. Which is the hardest of all the elements to obtain/ control. Anywho, I try to find all the earth within my self and focus it, and concentrate (sp?) it so I can use it.

Oh I was wondering what Soul magick was too. I do that too not often with my own element though and mostly I just shift my conciousness into that element mostly air or earth (my element)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:26 pm

QueenCrystal
Keistera
QueenCrystal

oh i do soulmagick all the time, but i guess i didnt know what it was called....for me i listen to my element, when i out side i listen to the wind and what it says, where its giong, what its doing...i just wlak and listen, and learn...its probably one of the my most favorite things to do...very relaxing, but cold xp sweatdrop

Akwila

QueenCrystal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:57 am

Rakei
QueenCrystal
Keistera
QueenCrystal

Oh I was wondering what Soul magick was too. I do that too not often with my own element though and mostly I just shift my conciousness into that element mostly air or earth (my element)
I see, well good luck with that, I hear theres alot of ways to do Soul Magick.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:06 am

akwila
QueenCrystal
Keistera
QueenCrystal

oh i do soulmagick all the time, but i guess i didnt know what it was called....for me i listen to my element, when i out side i listen to the wind and what it says, where its giong, what its doing...i just wlak and listen, and learn...its probably one of the my most favorite things to do...very relaxing, but cold xp sweatdrop
I like your way of doing Soul Magick, Im going to try it smile

And those of you who are of the Earth element, try putting a plant in your room to bring out your earth nature.

And those of you who are earth the Fire element, try putting a nightlight in your room during the night, or day, to bring out your fire nature.

(more things to do for your elements to come)

QueenCrystal

Akwila

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:51 pm

i think fire scrying would be best for a fire element, you dont have to look for anything, just 'talk' with the little flame, and for earth maybe take up gardening smile , and meditation in the shower would be good for the water, my friend does that
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:13 pm

QueenCrystal
Rakei

I see, well good luck with that, I hear theres alot of ways to do Soul Magick.

It is quite the rush if you can pull it off. Its like it makes you see everything and feel everything at once well depending on the element. Also its my way of meditating, since I can't stop thinking, I can actually think of two things at once so even when all my thoughts have been thrown out I can still keep thinking...

Rakei

Keistera

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:49 am

[ Message temporarily off-line ]
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items