Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Diaries
[J] Mereneth's Diary +Illusionist: melodymh4+ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:24 am
Melody laughed as she saw Gywn dressing up Gywdion, the little green mousething trying to wriggle out of her grasp. Temujin was hissing and spitting, a claw extended, as though afraid that those lacy dresses might get on him too. Lyallana entered the room, chuckling, leaning on the door hinge, "Kids," she murmured and went back to the dusting of the mansion.

Melody smiled lightly and picked up the rather miffed cat; Temujin was a bit hot tempered though he never would scratch her. As he relaxed in her arms, still keeping a wary eye on the toddler, she carried him out into the open air and sat on a bench beside the playground.

She let herself drift into her own thoughts as suddenly, the cat twitched in her arms and she opened her aquamarine eyes, startled. Spotting what seemed like a wisp of fire, she quickly checked her hands. The young woman was a fire mage, and a bit afraid that her powers might have gotten the best of her again, like it did the last time when Richard arrived. Strangely, they weren't glowing.

She looked back at the wisp again, it somehow seemed like a small dragon. Standing up, she proceeded to go back in; it was almost dinner time. Reaching the door step, she looked back at the wisp, a small smile on her lips. It somehow comforted her that it was there though she didn't know why...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:55 am
Dear diary,

Alright, perhaps I've been overworked by Fauste at the adoption centre. I swear I'm seeing things. Or perhaps Kaylee's shedding her feathers more often...nah, it couldn't be. She'd kick up a big fuss if that was the problem. Morever, it isn't nearing that date where she bursts into flames and is reborn again.

Yeah, I'm talking about that fire thing. I really don't know what it is, I'm sure it's nothing to do with my powers. It seems to be around wherever I go and it gives me this happy feeling whenever it's around. Sometimes, when I'm watching it, it seems mysteriously playful, it darts here and there as if playing hide and seek. It amuses me. Perhaps it's an imaginary friend? I must have been hanging out with too many kids that I'm developing their sense of imagination.

Oh well, it's late and I'm sleepy. I'll give you more updates on my imaginary friend.

<3 Mel

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:09 am
Dear diary,

Yup, my dear imaginary friend is still here. And I've even named him Mereneth. Isn't that a nice name? Lyallana heard me talking to it one day about well...myself. Do you know what she said? She went, "Mel dear, sometimes I think you haven't outgrown the child inside you." I think she knows exactly what I was doing. She's the only one who really knows me, not even sharing a telephathy connection. Lyallana was my nanny since young after all.

And whenever I play a tune on the piano, Mereneth seems to dance along to it and I can't help but laugh. Perhaps this imaginary friend of mine is a good thing after all.

<3 Mel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:22 am
Melody was all alone.

Lyallana had gladly taken the children off her hands and off to the fair, not that she thought they were annoying, it was just that she needed some "me" time.

She ran her hands over the smooth white grand piano and gently lifted the cover up, placing her fingers on the black and white keys carefully. Slowly, she began to play a tune, a slow one, that made her sway. Without looking up, she somehow knew that Mereneth would be there.

Her lips parted slightly, aquamarine orbs fixed on the score.

"It's hard to believe that I couldn't see, you were always there beside me," she started to sing, "But I was alone, with no one to hold..." she paused for a minute, a little startled. Did she just hear some humming?

Looking up, she only saw a small flit of the fire-dragon-like wisp settling on the top of the piano. Smiling slightly, she reached a hand out, extending it slowly, almost touching it, when...

"MOM! WE'RE BACK!" Gywn's yells startled the red head and she turned towards the now open door. Then, remembering what she was about to do, she looked back at the ivory piano for Mereneth. He was now dancing about near the window, flitting here and there animatedly. Sighing, she walked to the front door to welcome her kids back.

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:31 am
Yawning, Melody stretched herself as she pushed the bedcovers off herself, slipping off the bed and into her fuzzy bunny slippers. Shuffling to the window, she undid the latch and pushed against the cool glass, feeling the morning breeze carress her face and locks slowly. She opened her eyes, rubbing the crusts from them slowly, only to see...

Rubbing her eyes yet again, Melody stared out at the window near the willow tree branches. It was Mereneth, but somehow, she could vaguely see the shape of...a little boy? He was red-haired, just like she was and seemed to be partially wrapped up in a orange silk blanket. And did she just see wings? They seemed to be leathery and bat...wait, dragon-like. and there was just a faint wisp of a tail!

Shaking her head, Melody massaged her forehead slowly as she walked out of the room to eat breakfast. Perhaps she was just halluciating.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:05 am
Dear Diary,

Whoa. I didn't just see that. I think I need to sue my optician. Ah wait...I don't HAVE one. I haven't been seeing Merenetth around, just some fuzzy red images, like when the TV's gone wrong. Come to think of it, this morning, I vaguely remember seeing a little boy with drgon-like wings. And I think I saw Mereneth, circling around the boy. Is he protecting the little infant?

Confused, Mel

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:12 am
It was a cooling Sunday afternoon. Melody had donned a long beautiful white furry(Man-made fur of course) hooded cloak over a simple shirt and skirt and thrown on a scarf for good measure. It was just her alone again, but now window shopping.

Now, however with bags laden in her arms(the temptation was too much), she began to head for home. It wasn't far, just a short walk through the park. She could see families having picnics, swans drifting on the lake and well, everything seemed perfect. Of course, except her arms now aching a little. Deciding that it would be good to have a break anyway, Melody settled down on a park bench with a sigh and was enjoying the scenery...when... The redhead froze. 'Not that illusion again,' a puzzled thought flashed through her mind. Again, she saw the brief outline of the little boy. "Must be the trick of the light," she muttered, closing her eyelids over her aquamarine orbs.

Still, it troubled her a little then she was seing these things. Not so much, for she knew that Gaia was a...unusual place. Yeah, that was the word for it. Suddenly feeling a weight on her lap, she opened her eyes curiously and gasped in utmost surprise. The infant she had seen was now as clear as day and was on her lap, wrapped in a blanket. He was gurgling happily and giving her a mischeivious smile.

Something clicked in her brain and she wondered aloud, "He's...Mereneth?" At the sound of his name, the child giggled and clapped his hands. Melody bit her lip, not before laughing at Mereneth's cuteness.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:50 am
[PRP] Mereneth and Althaia

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:51 am
Dear Diary,

Remind me to not take Mereneth out again. Then again, I could bind his powers. He set a stall up on fire today, and I had to pay for the damage and gained many yells from the shop owner...and much more colourful language, and I had to cover Mere's ears. Or he'd probably gleefully babble out the words like a parrot.

Though today got interesting after that, a woman called Dragon told me that Mereneth was an Illusionary, not a figment of my imagination. She had also a green wisp illusion, which was of course an Illusionary. Mereneth had to hurt her with his powere, though it seemed like he didn't mean it. He hid his face in my arms and looked a bit shameful.

It's getting late.

<3 Mel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:25 am
Dear diary,

I've been a little busy today, sending out envelopes for Gywn's sleepover. She needs to meet more friends, and I more guardians. Perhaps I should do one for Mere, but everytime I mention the word in his presence, he seems to be uneasy and look unhappy. Whatever could make him be so fearful over a sleepover? I do hope it's just some of a baby's mood swing? It saddens me to see him like this. Especially with Gywn running around chirping happily over it. I can't tell her though, she'd only ask questions I can't answer. Perhaps I'll avoid using the word in his presence and tell her to be quiet around him...

<3 Mel

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:45 am
Tucked inside Mel's diary...

Fire

A wisp of red
A phoenix feather
That's about to fade
Powers from those who don't know better

The starting colors of the rainbow
Blood from a state that's dire
Flickers, giving warmth to those cold
Fire.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:51 am
Dear diary,

That was just a simple poem about fire, after realising that our home is after all full of fire, whether magic or not. Kaylee, Mere and also me. Why, just now, while Gywn was trying to cook pancakes, Temujin caught his tail on fire and ran around yowling. Lyallana and me were practically chasing him armed with water, since he obviously refused to touch water. That left Gywn and Mere in the high chair laughing along. I'm glad that he looks much happier, it's a great relief.

Some of the lines were inspiration from what I thought was Mere when he was an illusion(Makes sense, since he's a Illusionary).

More yowling. Seems like Lyallana can't manage to persuade Temu to jump down from the roof after he got soaked. I'd better go before the two kids explode into laughter.

<3 Mel

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:16 am
Midnight.

And still, Melody had to answer nature's calls. Grumbling slightly, she lifted herself up from the bed. "Ow,"she murmured softly, gritting her teeth as her leg cramped. As Mereneth was sleeping in her room, she didn't want to wake him up.

Hobbling back from the toilet and shutting it quietly behind her, she passed his cradle. Stopping to admire his baby cuteness, she laid her hands on the rails and smiled down and the sleeping boy. He seemed like an angel when he was sleeping, except for the leathery wings proturding from his back, fluttering at the slight breath of wind.

She was about to wobble back to her bed when she heard mumblings from his cradle and froze.

"Laaaa....vi....No..." she walked over and put her ear closer to him to hear properly. The little boy was sweating and looked like he was having a nightmare.

Lavi? Melody blinked. Who is this person? She stroked him softly, "Shhh...it's all right..."

When his heavy breathings subsided, she tucked him in properly and crawled back into bed. Staring up at the canopy, she wondered, 'He's only a toddler and he can speak...Though the real question is...

Who is Lavi?'

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:35 am
[PRP] Mereneth and Evelyn

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points