Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Australian Guild
Americanization. Warning. Post if u want, no 1 is forcing u Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Americanization is...
  an overflowing Coke that we will drown in.
  not as bad as we make it out to be.
  the hypocracy of the USA.
  non-existent.
  I came to get the gold. oh there it is!
View Results

orangestripedcat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:33 pm
Hybrid Theories
I guess I should apologize to the entire world for being an American so...I'm sorry redface .

Now, with that aside, I have no idea how the United States stays afloat anymore. For a nation so founded on equality and such, well...we screwed that up a long time ago.

And on the money issue: forget the billions we borrowed for the "War on Terror". We were already swimming in debt. If you run the numbers, the United States owess more than 300 TRILLION USD to the rest of the world. No wonder we wanted Germany to pay us back after that whole WWII skirmish, lol.

So yeah, I'd like to apologize for Americanisation on behalf of...myself. The rest of the United States should apologize for itself. Besides, it's not my fault. I don't make television programs. In fact, I don't watch TV more than 2 or 3 hours a week. I like music. So I guess if there's an Americanisation effect going on in the music industry, I'll apologize for that, too, because that one is my fault, lol.

I agree with you, and I to appologize  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:45 pm
No need to apoligise for being an America...
just for actin insular

Most Americans I meet who have spent a few months out of America are pretty good.

Its an empathy and knowledge thing

the more they know and the more they understand others the
better they are.

As long as I have an Aussie dictionary for my spell check, all is good.  

Ozumou

Bio-Weapon84

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:19 pm
well the whole world is being americanized. i can see it happening though.

in a few hundred years we'll be talking with an american accent and our children will become fat

dont forget where most fast foods come from: USA

macdonalds macdonalds, kentucky fried chicken and then pizza hut
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:08 pm
I highly doubt that. In a few hundred years America will go the way of most super powers which grow arrogant and in their own strength. Their empire will crumble and some other nation will assume top spot in the pecking order.  

EmWah
Crew

Ozumou

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:04 pm
better start being VERY nice to China people.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:05 am
EmWah
I highly doubt that. In a few hundred years America will go the way of most super powers which grow arrogant and in their own strength. Their empire will crumble and some other nation will assume top spot in the pecking order.

That's if there are enough resources left on the planet to support another seried of global-power struggles.

Ozumou -- So true, but same sort of principle. If China lived at the same standard as Australians, or worse yet Amercans, we'd all be ********.  

WellzY
Crew

Rigor Mortis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:24 am
If there is one thing I realize about america, is that we are getting too
big for our breeches.
I'm not siding with a specific nation, I will point out that like Rome,
America has innovated the definition of modern (for instance automobiles
were actually invented in germany, but automization: the modern
skeleton for building cars faster, was invented by henry ford. Therefore
giving the gratis of inventing cars to ford.)
I very much dislike the way america has become in the past century.
But then again, we're only two centuries old.
In accordance with the end of days, first stating a prophecy in revelations
about what america represents, "the lamb-like beast". A beast that trods
upon the world spread a false message of hope and peace to unite the
nations together, when it is actually a figurehead for the anti-christ (which
is a system and not a person).
As an american I really don't like the way bush handles foreign relations
with any of the countries. (his dad once threw up on the emperor of
japan).
I don't hate america, and it's actually a pretty good deal to live in. But if
we like to swamp together all these countries into one capitalistic domain.
I hate capitalism, it's the way of luciferian belief. So I'm with you guys
100% because of the growing thirst for fresh blood in new countries.

Although I've given several reasons and no conclusion, I'm scattered in
my thoughts today. I'll bring together a more formed reasoning some
other time. blagh!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:14 am
Rigor Mortis
I hate capitalism, it's the way of luciferian belief. So I'm with you guys.

I love you so much now. heart  

WellzY
Crew

Raven Skaari

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:23 am
Ozumou
better start being VERY nice to China people.
******** china... GO JAPAN! blaugh heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:25 am
Robbie84
well the whole world is being americanized. i can see it happening though.

in a few hundred years we'll be talking with an american accent and our children will become fat

dont forget where most fast foods come from: USA

Where the hell have you been? under a rock?

WE ARE A FAT NATION ALREADY FOR ******** SAKE!  

Raven Skaari

scruffy012

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:57 am
i think i said this absolutely ages ago wither in teh OAG or the AA thread, ubt one can draw reasonably accurate links between teh downfall of greece with america now... the athenians got too big for their boots and got ******** voer by the mesopotanians, persians, and a few other races.... i need to have to go back to ancient history again as im a few eyars rusty... but as was said before it'll only be time before some other country will take over the super power balance, and be in america's spot... (where's DNA when you need him)

and as wellzy said, thats if we have the resources to support another arms race and global war, as it'll most likely be WW3 when that happens...

but call me a optimist and i hope it never happens, but that hope is hopeless as you look at the scale of things...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:56 pm
I'm guilty of not reading all the replies to this topic; however, this I am passionate about so I want my say Dx

It's my belief that everything is a fad, and Australia as well as other countries in this situation of Americanisation will simply 'grow out of it' or move on.

I also believe that what goes up must come down. Old saying yes, but true. There's nothing really to happen to America now but go down.

For what do they really have left good in their society? Money is replaced by debt, Pride by Greed, Fame by Fortune. Other countries envy their act, not their actual being.

It happened to Russia, England, France and it will happen to America. My money is on China for Superpower in the age of Technology.

Secondly, I believe that Australia being such a young country we need interference from other countries to set an example for us; without it would be like a child with no parents.

As my history teacher explained it to us, we currently have the big brother syndrome. Mummy (England) isn't "cool" anymore, but our big brother (america), modern, hip, big bold and exciting is just what we need to set us an example.

Soon enough, Australia will be able to stand on our own and make our own decisions.

But who knows if we can still do that without being a republic?

I'd also like to mention the song "cool in america" by Elephant Mojo on this very subject x3

Ros!e

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:50 pm
Ros!e
As my history teacher explained it to us, we currently have the big brother syndrome. Mummy (England) isn't "cool" anymore, but our big brother (america), modern, hip, big bold and exciting is just what we need to set us an example.

Yes what a terrible, terrible example to follow.

Terrible.

Sammy -- I'd say more Rome than Greece. Greece was socially and culturally influential, but it was never the super-power that Rome was.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:03 am
Australia is slowly becoming a mini america in many ways. Workplace reform, voilence is escalating in large populated area's.

Its only a matter of time before we start shooting... wait a second, thats happening already.  

The_Original_ChaCha

The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces