Reply ~ Main Forum ~
The Columbine Shooting Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DR490N

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:46 pm
one would think that something as 'tragic'(haw haw haw thats some funny s**t there) as the columbine shootings would make people think twice about persecution of others, but of course, it doesnt. the jocks still consider themselves better than everyone else, and attempt to trample on the weak. the only way to survive in the world, highschool has taught me, is to become more fearsome than your adversary. if people fear you, you become invulnerable.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:16 pm
it is said that it is better to be feared than loved. But I think you can only blame society for so long. When it comes down to it, it's still personal choice and responsibility. Obviously these kids had some problems and needed help. The best way to honor those who passed on that tragic day is to be a little more understanding of those around you.  

Seanna

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:26 am
To the people that mock and find entertainment in the columbine shootings, I direct you back to the Marilyn Manson article. I don't like his music in the slightest, but there's no doubting his intelligence and bluntness in that.

I also advise you to mature a little and to perhaps consider what it would be like to be the person staring down the barrel of those guns. I'm sure it's a real ball watching the sick ********, who thinks the way to solve their problems is to do such an act of idiocy, pull the trigger of that gun. I'm certain if you had been the victim of such a crime you'd be the first to b***h-slap anyone that finds such amusements.

Also, the Columbine shootings did have a definate impact, how many schools had metal detectors and body searches before? There were bad reactions, yes, such as the immedeate targetting of anyone in black (despite the fact that Coutney the chearleader or Bobby the Football Player is just as capable of asking daddy for a gun and going psycho on everyone), but that's just general society's way, target the ones that stand out.

Columbine's impact wasn't felt much over here, there was a general weak of critisism of America's gun laws and smugness that "well, Britain won't have such a tradgedy happen to it as guns aren't as reaily available" (forgetting Britain's previous school tradegy of a nutter killing primary school children and their teacher with a machette), which is, I'm sad to say, going to be our downfall. There's going to be something like it here in the next few years, I'm certain. There's been all the build up to it, kid's getting beaten to within an inch of their life, one girl getting her face slashed repeatedly, not to mention the routine beatings, taunting and the like every damn day.

As for forgetting about it and moving on, well, I will definately quote this:

"those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it."

Heed those words, they have been proven many a time (so many times that it's actually quite ridiculous). All throught history people that have been beaten down have hit back, only more viciously and callously with next to no discrimination because they've been seething and boiling with hatred for such a long time. Take the Chinese Boxer Rebellion, when they faught back they not only attacked their masters but also innocent people, women and children, christian missionaries, everyone and everything in their path because of the way people had treated them.

It seems that Columbine will become yet another forgotten lesson, it has impact for a few years, but as the wounds heal and people move on people forget and it will take yet another massacre like it for people to remember again. I'm guessing that America, like Britain, will see many, many more shootings beacuse humans are a decidedly stupid breed that is too damn stubborn to learn anything.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:03 pm
I think they just snapped. It's not the first time. The reason they are making a big deal out of this is there's alot of other stuff happening on that day.

There was a group of kids trying to copy it, but where stupid enough to put it on myspace. When I saw this I was like "Dumbasses!". Now, I would never walk into a school and shoot up the place, but I do know that if your going to talk over the internet about killing people, don't choose myspace or something big like that, and don't choose a site where you put down who you are (pretty much). Your going to get caught. It would have been smarter if they made their own forums (you can with no computer no-how. There are sites that will let you), don't use any usernames people will regonise (sp?), and don't advertise the site. Trust me, no one will see it. Other than that, the plan would have worked.

I think adults aren't doing enough to acctualy stop bullying (expecialy verbal), because they are more concerned with a fight that happens in the halls between two idiots, or kids not wearing ids (my school requires id tags.), so when a kid is being picked on constantly, teachers aren't paying attention. Then we snap, and everone thinks "Oh, these are just a bunch of terrible kids." When otehr kids get high, drunk, and laid every week. But no one said life was fair....  

lola_siannodel

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:07 pm
I'm sorry in advance people, I've never had the mentality of others around me.

When I saw the Television broadcasts of Columbine, I wasn't sad. I wasn't upset, I didn't feel anything.
Here were some kids, shooting up people in a school, killing anyone they felt like, and then took their own lives; yet I felt nothing.

Why? The world has created an environment where a child today feels so comfortable with guns, knives, horror movies, and death, that we remain unnafected.

I live in Kansas people. Not in Riverton, where the almost successful re-occurance of the even took place. And I only heard one, just ONE, mention of it today.
For no one truly cares anymore.

We live in a society that watches soldiers die on TV, millions die in the name of Oil, we will bomb a country just because we don't like them, and watch it on TV.

Television has been the most beneficial achievement of the 1900s, but also the worst weapon to be used on people.
We have become desensitized to the world to the point, we have lost feeling.

Sure, there will be those who feel sad, others who cheer, some who want to forget Collumbine, but like it was said previously, this is a day we will never forget, but we will easily forget the lesson it taught us.

I honsetly understand why school's don't like trench coats. I wear one, so I know what I'm talking about.

It's not that it makes you stand out even more than your black clothes, and your pretty little makeup, it's the fact you can hide a gun there.
A school has come to care more about if the student is going to shoot other students, that if he/she were to commit suicide.

A kid at my school commited suicide last year. It was extremely important to almost the entire student body, but the staff members wouldn't let anyone talk about it on the intercom in the mourning. I knew the student who took his life, not well, but he was an aquantince. He was very nice and took care of his friends.

But of course, the school would rather hide the death of one student, and then make us bow our heads in rememberance of Collumbine?

-sigh- Society has destroyed itself from the inside out.
"And man has thus created his own demise."  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:11 pm
Isobel Bellamy
To the people that mock and find entertainment in the columbine shootings, I direct you back to the Marilyn Manson article. I don't like his music in the slightest, but there's no doubting his intelligence and bluntness in that.

I also advise you to mature a little and to perhaps consider what it would be like to be the person staring down the barrel of those guns. I'm sure it's a real ball watching the sick ********, who thinks the way to solve their problems is to do such an act of idiocy, pull the trigger of that gun. I'm certain if you had been the victim of such a crime you'd be the first to b***h-slap anyone that finds such amusements.

Also, the Columbine shootings did have a definate impact, how many schools had metal detectors and body searches before? There were bad reactions, yes, such as the immedeate targetting of anyone in black (despite the fact that Coutney the chearleader or Bobby the Football Player is just as capable of asking daddy for a gun and going psycho on everyone), but that's just general society's way, target the ones that stand out.

Columbine's impact wasn't felt much over here, there was a general weak of critisism of America's gun laws and smugness that "well, Britain won't have such a tradgedy happen to it as guns aren't as reaily available" (forgetting Britain's previous school tradegy of a nutter killing primary school children and their teacher with a machette), which is, I'm sad to say, going to be our downfall. There's going to be something like it here in the next few years, I'm certain. There's been all the build up to it, kid's getting beaten to within an inch of their life, one girl getting her face slashed repeatedly, not to mention the routine beatings, taunting and the like every damn day.

As for forgetting about it and moving on, well, I will definately quote this:

"those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it."

Heed those words, they have been proven many a time (so many times that it's actually quite ridiculous). All throught history people that have been beaten down have hit back, only more viciously and callously with next to no discrimination because they've been seething and boiling with hatred for such a long time. Take the Chinese Boxer Rebellion, when they faught back they not only attacked their masters but also innocent people, women and children, christian missionaries, everyone and everything in their path because of the way people had treated them.

It seems that Columbine will become yet another forgotten lesson, it has impact for a few years, but as the wounds heal and people move on people forget and it will take yet another massacre like it for people to remember again. I'm guessing that America, like Britain, will see many, many more shootings beacuse humans are a decidedly stupid breed that is too damn stubborn to learn anything.

I agree with you.  

Whisperer~Nightshade

lola_siannodel

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:36 pm
Macabre_Cogitation
I'm sorry in advance people, I've never had the mentality of others around me.

When I saw the Television broadcasts of Columbine, I wasn't sad. I wasn't upset, I didn't feel anything.
Here were some kids, shooting up people in a school, killing anyone they felt like, and then took their own lives; yet I felt nothing.

Why? The world has created an environment where a child today feels so comfortable with guns, knives, horror movies, and death, that we remain unnafected.

I live in Kansas people. Not in Riverton, where the almost successful re-occurance of the even took place. And I only heard one, just ONE, mention of it today.
For no one truly cares anymore.

We live in a society that watches soldiers die on TV, millions die in the name of Oil, we will bomb a country just because we don't like them, and watch it on TV.

Television has been the most beneficial achievement of the 1900s, but also the worst weapon to be used on people.
We have become desensitized to the world to the point, we have lost feeling.

Sure, there will be those who feel sad, others who cheer, some who want to forget Collumbine, but like it was said previously, this is a day we will never forget, but we will easily forget the lesson it taught us.

I honsetly understand why school's don't like trench coats. I wear one, so I know what I'm talking about.

It's not that it makes you stand out even more than your black clothes, and your pretty little makeup, it's the fact you can hide a gun there.
A school has come to care more about if the student is going to shoot other students, that if he/she were to commit suicide.

A kid at my school commited suicide last year. It was extremely important to almost the entire student body, but the staff members wouldn't let anyone talk about it on the intercom in the mourning. I knew the student who took his life, not well, but he was an aquantince. He was very nice and took care of his friends.

But of course, the school would rather hide the death of one student, and then make us bow our heads in rememberance of Collumbine?

-sigh- Society has destroyed itself from the inside out.
"And man has thus created his own demise."

I agree with you. Expecialy that last line.

To be honest with you, if my parents where to die, I would just go "Meh" It's sad, but true. I would be unaffected.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:06 pm
[quote="lola_siannodelI agree with you. Expecialy that last line.

To be honest with you, if my parents where to die, I would just go "Meh" It's sad, but true. I would be unaffected.

I would cry if me mum died, for she's made me who I am, but that would be a few hours of crying then moving on with life.....
It's not sad, it's human nature.  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

Bane_of_Thieves

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:34 pm
I find it highly amusing that the supposedly totally EBOL Marilyn Manson has actually been one of the most intelligent, coherent and restrained people involved in this whole sorry business. I watched Bowling for Columbine and thought he gave the best interview out of the lot.
As for the whole shooting-up-your-school thing... well, there are a lot of miserable kids around. I was one once. The reason all of those don't go and do what those two pieces of filth did is because they can't get hold of guns and/or someone actually goes to the trouble of helping them with their personal problems.
I think the availability of guns is a big factor. OK, people go on about how guns don't kill people, other people do, but c'mon. Anyone here read The Amber Spyglass? There's a bit where Iorek Byrnison the armoured bear says something like 'what you don't know is that the knife has intentions of its own. Every tool has intentions. A hammer intends to strike, a vice intends to hold fast. What does this intend to do?'
And what does a gun intend to do beyond kill and maim? It has no other purpose. And if you don't intend to kill and maim people then you probably shouldn't keep one around the place. I've never had my hands on a gun in my life, and I've never needed to. Unless you're expecting to get invaded tomorrow, lose the weapons guys.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:24 pm
Broken_Shadow_Child
things like that are what happen when people are pushed to the edge, when they get tormented thier entire life and in the end take it out on their tormenters as well as innocent bystandards... thats what our society has become, a place were close mindedness, revenge, and violence thrive...

Wait a minute eek . . . weren't these guys just your so-called average joes of the school, thats what I heard  

Beatngufan

MOD66

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:38 pm
I had kids thinking i was going to do some thing like colimbine at my school, i hated it and had to stay out of school for about a week for the rummors to passover  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:45 pm
King-Card
zz1000zz
Those brats were morons. How were they "cool"?

Them niggas had the balls to run up in a school with Tec-9s, and they also had their own clique, but it was small.

I can only hope this was a sick, pathetic joke. If so, you deserve to be slapped. If not... then go to hell.  

zz1000zz
Crew

whore27

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:20 pm
i think it was just a few kids that were pushed too far and fought back in the worst way....then after it manson was blamed for those kids stupidity when those kids wouldn't of done it if it wasn't for stereotypes and bullying...it was society's fault and i think it was well deserved of em all  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff