Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Death Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do your views on Death's form coincide with my own?
  Yes
  No
  Haven't ever thought much on it
View Results

The Door to Death

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:42 pm
demonicgoddessnaya-sen
I IMAGINE DEATH AS A DARK TALL MAN. ALWAYS HIDING HIS FACE, AND YET SO KIND. I DONT FEAR DEATH LIKE OTHERS, I WELCOME DEATH AS MUCH AS HE WELCOMES ME.

amen! mrgreen ninja  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 6:36 pm
My favorite personofication of death would have to be from sandman. A laid back girl who takes those with no malice or spite, but mearly guides them onwards.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:12 pm
If I had to think as Death as the kind of entity that could think, I reckon it'd be reaper-ish, but like you said, not evil.  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:25 pm
The Door to Death
demonicgoddessnaya-sen
I IMAGINE DEATH AS A DARK TALL MAN. ALWAYS HIDING HIS FACE, AND YET SO KIND. I DONT FEAR DEATH LIKE OTHERS, I WELCOME DEATH AS MUCH AS HE WELCOMES ME.

amen! mrgreen ninja
do you fear death eek  

nayasumei

Tipsy Tipper

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Partygoer 500

nayasumei

Tipsy Tipper

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 9:45 pm
Macabre_Cogitation
mortsanglant
Macabre_Cogitation
mortsanglant
I don't fear death.
I never have.

But I don't think of death having any bodily form. To be honest I find that thought ridiculous.

Death is the closing seal on your shipment to the other side. Death is the one thing everyone can depend on because it's inevitable. No matter how advanced we become, we'll never overcome death. And that's what makes death the beautiful occurrance that it is.

While true immortality may never be achieved, humans will find a way to conquer death for many years. The need and want of life will cause for the creation of life enhancements that cheat death. In the end, I believe the only thing that will be able to kill man is man.
-cries- I wonder what Death would do if it had to file for unemployment....

If these advancements occur, I will not support them. Death is what gives us meaning.

Neither would I.
I would be part of the opposing forces attempting to destroy the materials for such thoughts.

I dont think it would be wise for people to find a solution to death. Their bodies would start to deteriorate. And youd only be suffering longer in this world (this isnt heaven afterall).  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:08 pm
I had this vision of death once. . . she came at me in a dream with a double-bladed scythe (facing in one direction), across a field. We are all just waiting to be reaped, and the cycle continues. I still ponder on the meaning of the two blades. . . one for body, one for spirit. . . is the closest reasoning I can come up with for it.  

Jasop_Buttement

Lord Blade Icestorm

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 7:08 am
I think that a person standing in a field with the sythe is kind of like a farmer while we are the wheat when are time is up we are reaped and replaced later on by new wheat......if that makes any sense.  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:33 am
To tell you the truth. I picture Death as darkness like it would have no form at all. I'm trying to picture how Death would look like and the only thing I could come up with it something of a theory. What if you met someone, and you fall in love with them. Then you come to realize that they are Death, but the reason Death did it was because he wasnted you to feel comfortable and safe.  

Kuro Neko Iris

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:23 am
I've never thought of death having a physical form. That doesn't seem to make much sense.

I did once have a dream in which death was a young girl. She was playful, but sad because everyone feared her.

I do not fear death. I never have.  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 10:59 am
I always thought of Death as a young woman, stoic and antisocial because of how the world treats her.

I don't fear Death, I welcome her, sometimes I wish she would come sooner though.  

[Witty Catch Phrase]

lola_siannodel

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:56 am
demonicgoddessnaya-sen
Macabre_Cogitation
mortsanglant
Macabre_Cogitation
mortsanglant
I don't fear death.
I never have.

But I don't think of death having any bodily form. To be honest I find that thought ridiculous.

Death is the closing seal on your shipment to the other side. Death is the one thing everyone can depend on because it's inevitable. No matter how advanced we become, we'll never overcome death. And that's what makes death the beautiful occurrance that it is.

While true immortality may never be achieved, humans will find a way to conquer death for many years. The need and want of life will cause for the creation of life enhancements that cheat death. In the end, I believe the only thing that will be able to kill man is man.
-cries- I wonder what Death would do if it had to file for unemployment....

If these advancements occur, I will not support them. Death is what gives us meaning.

Neither would I.
I would be part of the opposing forces attempting to destroy the materials for such thoughts.

I dont think it would be wise for people to find a solution to death. Their bodies would start to deteriorate. And youd only be suffering longer in this world (this isnt heaven afterall).

Death is a part of life, and is inevitable. We may find a way to lengthen the human life span, but we will never be able to find a way to live forever. As humans grow older, they also grow weaker. Soon, aches and pains start. At one point, the human body is in so much pain, one cannot tolerate it. Also, one might lose the ability to move very well, and need added assistance.

Also, without death, people would go running around doing stupid things becuase it can't kill them. However, that does not mean the body can feel no pain, and it does not mena you can't become paralized or be put intoa coma.

Next up, the population would grow too large, and society won't be able to support such a large population. That's why there are preditors, to keep the population of certain animals under contol. If we couldn't die, even if we just prevent death from natural causes, then there would be too many people in the world, and not enough resourses. The world would colapse.

Overall, trying to overcome death is a stupid idea that only those who have no idea of the consequences would support. If one human obtained immortality, not only would he/she have to endure the suffering he/she already had to endure, but he/she would also have to watch has his/her loved ones die, and it just isn't worth it.  
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:21 am
I don't view death as a person, but simply as not existing anymore in the physical realm.  

Spooky Ames

[Fraggle]

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:05 am
If I had to put Death into a physical form.... A tall man, with shortish black hair or a hat, wearing a spotlessly immaculate black suit, with a white shirt and black tie. With black shiny shoes. And black mirrored sunglasses. And pale skin, almost white. Cmon, give 'im some style! It's interesting to see how different people are imagining Death to be in the forms of either of the two sexes... Most of the male posters have said that Death woul;d be male, while most of the female posters have said female..... Interesting...

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:29 pm
i think i'd view death as merely a shadow, not really having a certain form. like a constant, steady night  

xcrossmeoffx

Beautiful.x.Nightmare

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 9:42 pm
Feafaroth
Death, if given a physical form, would not be a Grim Reaper, or even something you might take as dark or evil at first sight. I view Death as a tall, well built man, with long jet black hair done up in a ponytail . His eyes would be emerald green, with a handsome face. He would be dressed in a soft cotton shirt, long sleeved, like the Musketeer shirts, with a black vest over it. He would also wear black pants to match the vest and black, soft leather boots. In his eyes he would have a gleeful look, a man who takes a pleasure in his work. Not dark, perverse pleasure, but a welcoming kind. He would come to you as a gentleman, curteous and mannerly, after all, who could understand the crisis of death more than he? He would lead you to your afterlife gently, but would not let you steer from the course. Even so, cold would emanate from his person, a reminder of his duties to those who are not yet ready to die. Forever patient and caring though, in my mind. My view on Death is probably radically different from others. I would like to hear your view on it.

Yes...that sounds much like my view of Gentlman Death. Though i view him with straight, black shoulder length hair that he leaves down, slightly around his face. And his eyes are emerald, yes. He wears black, and is quite the gentleman...
Indeed, Lord Death is a great one..  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces