Otherkin? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

decembermoon23

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:39 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
When you say "otherkin body" would you mean astral form?

It can be, and it's different for everyone. Like sometimes my astral body is my current human form and sometimes it's my otherkin form. I guess it really depends on the purpose of me being astral...

like if i'm going astral to check up on somebody secretivly then its my otherkin form. If i'm going just for practice then it's my human form...

just depends on the situation.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:59 pm
Just a few notes that may or may not be useful:

From what I understand about Therians and Otherkin, it seems that in order to be considered "Otherkin" it is not required to believe that you are that creature, both in terms of p-shifting (which I personally believe to be impossible) and having the "soul" of what you believe you are.

I find that most serious therians and Otherkin actually just believe that they share psychological properties with animals/and other creatures which we can debate the entire existence of; therefore, a wolf therian would feel the same mental needs as a wolf would.

My personal opinion as to why they experience these psychological shifts is similar to several previous posters in that it is probably the awakening of a past-life realization. However, I speculate as to whether there might be some interesting interactions with whatever creature they claim to associate with in their youth in the case of some. Considering how many canine therians there are, I wonder if some of them had a dog when they were exceedingly young and came to mimic the behavior of that dog, and that behavior managed to stay with them subconsciously throughout the years.

Also, above all else, it is important to remember that you are evidently human; ergo, while you may experience vampire-tendencies, you also have a human mind in the present which is part of your identify as well. That is to say it's impossible to be only a specific non-human creature.  

Snake-On-A-Plane

Ezinu

Unbeatable Hoarder

4,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:38 am
Snake-On-A-Plane
Just a few notes that may or may not be useful:

From what I understand about Therians and Otherkin, it seems that in order to be considered "Otherkin" it is not required to believe that you are that creature, both in terms of p-shifting (which I personally believe to be impossible) and having the "soul" of what you believe you are.

I find that most serious therians and Otherkin actually just believe that they share psychological properties with animals/and other creatures which we can debate the entire existence of; therefore, a wolf therian would feel the same mental needs as a wolf would.

My personal opinion as to why they experience these psychological shifts is similar to several previous posters in that it is probably the awakening of a past-life realization. However, I speculate as to whether there might be some interesting interactions with whatever creature they claim to associate with in their youth in the case of some. Considering how many canine therians there are, I wonder if some of them had a dog when they were exceedingly young and came to mimic the behavior of that dog, and that behavior managed to stay with them subconsciously throughout the years.

Also, above all else, it is important to remember that you are evidently human; ergo, while you may experience vampire-tendencies, you also have a human mind in the present which is part of your identify as well. That is to say it's impossible to be only a specific non-human creature.
this reminds me of a book i read about werewolfs and how you are more prone to umm i cant remember what they used but kinda blieving you are that type of were wolf cat bunny beaver ect. if you had conected with them alot in your childhood take for example a young boy whos in a broken home and dosnt get much attention but has a puppy and spends alot of time with it he will therefor aquire some of the dogs traits and even pretend he is a dog and maby start having some of the same habits ... like using the tree instead of the toilet. It was said that alot of the the people who believed they were a werewolf or something of that nature did indeed come from a back ground where they had contected more with animals then humans. sorry for the typos and spelling mistakes its really early and i have not slept at all.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:03 pm
i would reccommend that you visit the othergin guild, trueform, or something along those lines, someone there can probably help you alot better than someone in here can. personally, i'm dragonkin, and very proud to be. I actually tend to be a bit of an elitist about it without realizing, but meh. I might be able to provide you with some information if you message me with a question or two at a time, but my own knowledge into the subject is rather limited, and i'll only be able to answer so much.  

DR490N

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:43 pm
Personally, I think that when someone claims to be an otherkin, they're putting to much importance on their past life. While you may have been (x race) in a past life, you're human now, and to concentrate on whatever you may have been before is probably only a hindrance to spiritual progression in this life.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:07 am
Nihilistic Seraph
Personally, I think that when someone claims to be an otherkin, they're putting to much importance on their past life. While you may have been (x race) in a past life, you're human now, and to concentrate on whatever you may have been before is probably only a hindrance to spiritual progression in this life.
EXACTLY! Just because your spiritual nature is that other than human does not mean you should dwell on it. If you are in this world you are here for a reason and you have work to do here.  

Guitarhero356

DR490N

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:56 pm
now that seems ignorant and foolish to me. it's important to remember who and what you are and have been. this is something that is a part of you. personally, i would rather relive my last life than be stuck in this one, seeing as it was more interesting, though quite sad...most of my friends were brutally slaughtered thanks to the buring times. nonetheless, being otherkin has more than anything opened my eyes to alot of things,and being otherkin has been for the most part responsible for my spiritual growth.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:07 pm
DR490N
now that seems ignorant and foolish to me. it's important to remember who and what you are and have been. this is something that is a part of you. personally, i would rather relive my last life than be stuck in this one, seeing as it was more interesting, though quite sad...most of my friends were brutally slaughtered thanks to the buring times. nonetheless, being otherkin has more than anything opened my eyes to alot of things,and being otherkin has been for the most part responsible for my spiritual growth.
he wasn't saying forget it just don't dwell on it be who you are and not who you were the reson your home is because you are suposed to be a human this time  

MOD66

Esteloth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:11 pm
DR490N

I agree with Nilh and Guitarhero, if we are here now, as a human, it is for a reason... We shouldn't wait until our next life to try to figure out what that purpose was. We are what we are, and were what we were... as obvious as that sounds. If we no longer have the physical form we had in that past life, it is quite probably because we have learnt what we were meant to learn. That phase of our growth is over, a new one has started and we should make the most of it^-^.

[Edit]... kinda ironic that I would be saying that at all though... cry I want my wings...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:43 pm
Twack
DR490N
he wasn't saying forget it just don't dwell on it be who you are and not who you were the reson your home is because you are suposed to be a human this time
Exactly.  

Guitarhero356

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:15 pm
Snake-On-A-Plane
However, I speculate as to whether there might be some interesting interactions with whatever creature they claim to associate with in their youth in the case of some. Considering how many canine therians there are, I wonder if some of them had a dog when they were exceedingly young and came to mimic the behavior of that dog, and that behavior managed to stay with them subconsciously throughout the years.
A bit late, but human children adopting the behaviors of animals is quite real, particularly when children are abandoned and actually adopted by the animals. Such individuals can be called 'feral children'. Unfortunately, such experiences can retard their ability to communicate and interact with other people as they age. Their stories are usually very sad.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:23 am
i never said i dwell on whqat i was, just that it was alot more fun. i'm proud of what i am in this life, but that dragon is still a part of who and what i am. i place importance on it BECAUSE it is a part of who i am now. that's what most of us do. spirituality is about the unification of body, mind, and spirit to me, so that's what i strive towards.

do i want my dragon body back? you're goddamn right i do. however, i know that isnt likely to happen is this life. I just have to wait until i die, and cross over into the other-world. that isnt so bad to me.  

DR490N

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:55 am
See, personally I think that our spirits have no "original form" so to speak. I think that when we die and cross over, we can probably assum whatever shape we want, but a past life isn't our "true form"

What about any other past lives? Do you remember them? Were they all dragon form, or other bodies? If so, why not assume those forms?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:35 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
See, personally I think that our spirits have no "original form" so to speak. I think that when we die and cross over, we can probably assum whatever shape we want, but a past life isn't our "true form"

What about any other past lives? Do you remember them? Were they all dragon form, or other bodies? If so, why not assume those forms?
No... I've read his energy, he defintiely has a wohole lot of dragon energy.  

Guitarhero356

Ezinu

Unbeatable Hoarder

4,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:05 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Isn’t there perhaps a reason, though, for feeling so close to a past life in this one? I mean, if we weren’t meant to feel like that for a reason, wouldn’t it have faded off like a lot of people’s? I agree, though, that we were made human for a reason; one should not dwell too long in the past, or you might stray from the path because you’re not looking in front of you, and WAM! that’s when you slam into a pole. I know it has happened to me. ^-^''  
S.P.A.M. : Spacious Pocket of Absolute Miscellaneous-ness

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff