Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Red Velvet Cake! (and other gothy foods) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BabyEaterLad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:04 pm
mee_shee

Oh my ...

i love that!

How did you make it, or did you buy it?!?!?

Please send me a pm.

From time to time in the grocery store there's boxed mixes for that cake. If you're more into making from scratch though, here's a recipe for it.

I'm not much into eating rare steaks, but I do enjoy raw fish? XD

For my "sweet" 16 birthday party, my friends made a whole bunch of red velvet cupcakes for me. (T3T) They were so delicious.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:05 am
I took a bit of a spin on the alice in wonderland cookies
ya know the ones that say "eat me"?
Mine say "bite me"
I have a few cake pictures ive done floating around. Maybe i still have them

i remeber I did one cake for my birthday
it had this painted on it

gosh, now i wanna bust out my spray gun and make another cake  

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:21 am
the stains strawberries leave....they're so jucy and red (not the stanis)....
bloody mary's (just the name like some guy who posted before me)
that cake twisted
red jello!!!!
a cookie that came out deformed and coffin shaped that i made.
medium rare steak.
sushi. (it's raw...*)
cupcakes make me laugh evily for some reason....*MUAHAHAHA*  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:40 pm
It's official. I'm making the red velvet cake tonight--and it's going to rock because it's from scratch. ^_^  

Silenus Slade

Silenus Slade

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:01 pm
We have a winner!

The cake rocks. Thanks for alerting me to its existence.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:46 pm
MortSanglant
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

there's a visual.

that = yummy!

[i want some now........]

i saw this one cake in a book, that they designed to look like a graveyard.
i'd like to try that as well.........  

ronton-ritsuzen

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:20 am
My bro makes really kickass red velvet cake!

As for other 'gothy' foods... I think that a lot of the foods which were consumed largely by nobels in eras past seem rather gothy... they just have an air of elegance to them...

Here are a few of the foods I'm talking about...

-Grapes
-Cheese (not the kraft american slices... I'm talking about good cheese, like port cheese, dublin cheese, etc.)
-Wine
-Champainge
-Good quality tea
-Dark chocolate
-And of course, red velvet cake and certain other pasteries!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:11 pm
Tacoes are the defination of evil. They cause unsuspecting children's bladders to explode. Bad tacoes.  

r a i n- C R U S H E D

Magnetic Werewolf

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:48 pm
GilAskan
Goth foods?

...not entirely sure if they exist, but...

- Rare Steak (I love it)
- Absinthe (Never had it, but allegedly, there's nothing "goth-ier").
- Bloody Mary's (just because of the name...)
- Red Velvet Cake (so good...)
- Dark Chocolate (LOL@PUN)

i belive, absinthe makes you blind?
doesnt that sound totally hardcore goth.

shushi=goth as ******** heart  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:27 pm
It's been here before but I'll repeat it: absinthe. Ah, the Green Fairy, always a delight. And yes, you can go blind from it, hell in France there's about a dozen absinthe related deaths every year I believe.

A tip to those that want to try absinthe, you mix three to five parts water to one part of absinthe, and add sugar to it (only the idiots drink it neat). This brings out the flavour of the other herbs in the drink (there's usually a completely different recipie for every brand of absinthe, but the base ingredient of it is always anise). There's a whole ritual with absinthe, and even special abisthe tools (ok, fine, just spoons, but they're wicked lookin' spoons) you place your sugar cube on the absinthe spoon (it's a spoon with nicely patterened holes) and add your ice cold water, the absinthe then turns milky (if you want to impress your friends, it's called the louche - pronounced loosh). If when drinking absinthe someone insists on lighting it on fire or only mixing it 1:1 with water, politely (with as much smugness as you wish) say that that's an inferior way of preparing absinthe and makes it taste bad. (this is actually the way to prepare bohemian-style absinth, a different drink technically, that has found it's way into the films. You just need water and sugar, no pyrotechnics here. It's also a modern creation, it's not old or at all traditional, just a way to make bohemian-style absinth look like absinthe with a louche)

Don't try the internet absinthe kits, they make really really bad absinthe that's nothing like the real thing. And also, absinthe doesn't make you go high, that's a myth created by anti-absinthe lobyists, but, there's some truth in it because poor qualitiy absinthe was usually made with dangerous chemicals.

Funny fact: it's actually clear; the green is (usually) just chlorophyll added later (it turns from emerald green to yellow green to brown, yummy).
Also, the ban in France has not been repealed, but it only banned it's sale, not production, you can get absinthe but it's advertised as wormwood-based spirits.

For you Americans, you can posses and consume absinthe, it's just the sale and production that's illegal I believe. It's up to you how you procure this drink I guess. Please note, as I've said before, absinth is not genreally the same as absinthe, bohemain-style absinth a very different drink (mostly, it depends what kind you get because the recipe is so varied). Although that is legal (I think, I'm not too good on US law) ,it's just not the same.

Wow, that was only meant to be a couple sentences....it's turned out ot be a mini-essay on absinthe...

Moving on,

Another 'goth' drink is Snake Bite, lager and dry cider mixed together. It's a pretty lethal drink. Again, another controversial drink, banned in some pubs here and the bar staff look at you funny if you order half a pint of Guinness and cider and ask for an empty pint glass. A nice variant is a snake Bite with added blackcurrant cordial (squash, water flavouring....no idea what your US equivilent is) until it turns purple, sometimes called a diesel. American Snake Bites usually have added vodka, but I don't really see why because it's strong enough already eek

You will have a nasty tendency of not being able to remember if you've tried it, but that's easily remidied by having some biggrin

Only to be tried by people with a good head for alcohol: Green Death.

It also dpoesn't taste very alcoholic, limit yourself to just one, don't go on a drinking contest with Green Deaths. It's called Green Death for a reason.

A Snake Bite with added orange juice and a shot of blue curacao.

Get (or make) your Snake Bite, drink a quater of it, add the orange, add the curacao, it should turn a lovely green colour (why are all the lethal drinks green?), the world becomes a nicer place with a pint of Green Death in you. Until tomorrow comes that is.  

Isobel Bellamy

DepartedDearly

Dapper Survivor

4,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:13 pm
ah for my b-day I made worms and dirt and took little cups of it to school and shared with my classmates
here's how it's made,very simple:

Cruble some oreos in a cup
after freezing some coolwhip for an hour of two put in two spoonfulls in the cup (large,very very large spoonfulls) and mix.
put in the freezer for 30min then put a few worms over the top and squish them down into the mix and done!!!! very easy but so Fing good!!!!!!!

I want to try the cake!!!! crying I really need to find someone to make it for me.
what I love though is dark chocolate truffles!!!!! they feel like velvet on your tounge and you have to rub them with your tounge for them to melt....YUMMY!!!!! I also love a very,very rare roast,my gramps makes one just for me every x-mas.....you can say I'm spoiled but I'm really just being well groomed,fed,and looked after
lol ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:03 pm
pandora_vampire_x
ah for my b-day I made worms and dirt and took little cups of it to school and shared with my classmates

Ha! That's great. I remember having that in the 2nd or 3rd grade. Dirt pie I think it was called. Always loved it. The gummi worms are the best. Should go out and buy the stuff for it so I can make them again.  

Schwarzkatze

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:47 pm
Oh the joys of food ^^ coffee cake with a glaze over the top is always yummy. ((right now, however, I am having some water with a bit of home made pesto pasta))  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:45 am
mirardemon
I eat my steak blue rare. And one more than one occasion, I've eaten it RAW.

what i eat it all the time raw its called tataki (i think thats how you spell it )
it tastes assoe  

los1 soul

Creta the Otaku

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:56 am
The cake looks so good. ^^  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items