Reply TokyoPop Manga Guild
Manga VS. Anime *May contain SPOILERS!* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cruzle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:28 am
K---Kodocha's been LISCENCED?!?!? ((passes out, but then cherubs appear and with a short reprise of "HALLELUJAH!", Cruzle is revived)) NO FREAKING WAY! That's soooo totally awesome! Dear God, that's so cool; I thought they'd never do it, and as ar as downloading goes, I could never find it. crying Now that I know it's liscenced, I will definitely be buying it! Oh my God, thank you all for just making my day! xd

And also... an Ah! My Goddess series?!?! ((repeats the whle cherub scene above)) That, too, makes my day! Oh my goddess, that is so GREAT! Wee, I can't wait 'til it comes out here! blaugh

Another thing I'm waiting for (but it's not really related to TPM): does anyone know when Advent Children is coming out in the states? Or should I just d/l?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:10 pm
Cruzle
K---Kodocha's been LISCENCED?!?!? ((passes out, but then cherubs appear and with a short reprise of "HALLELUJAH!", Cruzle is revived)) NO FREAKING WAY! That's soooo totally awesome! Dear God, that's so cool; I thought they'd never do it, and as ar as downloading goes, I could never find it. crying Now that I know it's liscenced, I will definitely be buying it! Oh my God, thank you all for just making my day! xd

And also... an Ah! My Goddess series?!?! ((repeats the whle cherub scene above)) That, too, makes my day! Oh my goddess, that is so GREAT! Wee, I can't wait 'til it comes out here! blaugh

Another thing I'm waiting for (but it's not really related to TPM): does anyone know when Advent Children is coming out in the states? Or should I just d/l?

It is indeed great news, but Kodocha probably won't be coming our way until late spring 2005.
dl Advent Children. It's not licensed here and not sure if it will be, but most likely it will, but I would go ahead a dl it for free while you still can. 3nodding
I'll keep you posted on the amg TV series. I was thinking it came out in September, but I could be wrong. I know it's coming out this fall. You'll have to dl it, mind you. It's not licensed.......yet.  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

Cruzle

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:04 am
Neko-Yousei
Cruzle

It is indeed great news, but Kodocha probably won't be coming our way until late spring 2005.
dl Advent Children. It's not licensed here and not sure if it will be, but most likely it will, but I would go ahead a dl it for free while you still can. 3nodding
I'll keep you posted on the amg TV series. I was thinking it came out in September, but I could be wrong. I know it's coming out this fall. You'll have to dl it, mind you. It's not licensed.......yet.

Wee, thanks sooo much! That's so cool...
Um, another thing about your siggie: Exodus isn't hikki's debut! It's her second US album.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:47 pm
Cruzle
Neko-Yousei
Cruzle

Wee, thanks sooo much! That's so cool...
Um, another thing about your siggie: Exodus isn't hikki's debut! It's her second US album.

If you're talking about U3 or UH3, that's not really considered her American debut album. Exodus is being called her American debut album because she's actually getting radio play and planning to really break into the music biz over here, plus she was like 13 or 14 when she did that other album. xp
I need to order my copy of Exodus on yesasia.com...neeed credit caaardaaa! gonk  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

Cruzle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:49 am
Neko-Yousei

If you're talking about U3 or UH3, that's not really considered her American debut album. Exodus is being called her American debut album because she's actually getting radio play and planning to really break into the music biz over here, plus she was like 13 or 14 when she did that other album. xp

Oh, okay. >ww< I'm just going to wait for it to come out in the states... unless she gets extremely popula in the next two weeks, I don't think I'll have too much trouble getting a hold of it. Oh, sigh... I wish she could come to Anime Expo!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:49 pm
Cruzle
Neko-Yousei

Oh, okay. >ww< I'm just going to wait for it to come out in the states... unless she gets extremely popula in the next two weeks, I don't think I'll have too much trouble getting a hold of it. Oh, sigh... I wish she could come to Anime Expo!

I think she has bigger fish to fry than Anime Expo...like...MTV awards and grammys and and anddddaaaa~ blaugh  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:37 pm
I borrowed the first season of Magic Knight Rayearth from my friend and I can't wait to see it to see how it compares to the manga, and then I will borrow season two and have to buy the second set of Rayearth the manga. Hopefully I will like both versions and maybe some of you have seen it as well so we could maybe have a discussion about it later after I see it.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:59 pm
I get confuse if I see the whole series of the anime then read the manga and thhey have different parts to the story....

For instance if u seen the anime Samurai deeper Kyo which I think is a great anime is very different from the manga. Right when I read the first page I already knew the difference and it was that Kyoshiro had his sword already.

I personally think that I like both the same. For one reason reading the manga gives more detail to the character than the anime and for the anime they have voices so u don't have to imagine what they sound. Once you think about sometimes the anime series don't finish the story like Ranma 1/2 but I don't want to go in details about that.  

Sen009

Starshine

Destructive Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:05 pm
I usually go for the manga, becuase it the original, because the manga is always up to date and animes are often too targeted at selling the products rather than making it better.

However, there are cases such as Fruits Basket and Evangelion that I liked the anime a lot better. Anime can really add another dimention to the manga if its done well, but unfortunately most of the time this doesn't happen, and I'd rather spend my money on manga which is also cheaper xd  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:35 am
I do agree with people when the Gravitation manga is better than the anime. I've only seen 5 episodes of it and I feel that they simply went all over the place. The manga does have more humor and you get to know more about the characters.

Kare Kano: The anime and the manga are basically the same. If you've watched the anime, I recommend that you read the manga from the 8th volume and up. The anime just ended as the manga simply continues and develops the characters more.

Ayashi no Ceres (Ceres: Celestral Legend): After seeing the whole anime series and reading a piece of the manga, I feel that they're the same expect there's more personality among the characters.

Wedding Peach: I like the manga (I've read up to volume 3 or 4) a lot better because it goes faster. It takes the anime at least 8 episodes for Angel Daisy to transform whereas in the manga, it's in the second volume.

Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne: The manga is better than the anime 100% because there's an actual story. The anime is about the whole "monster-of-the-week plot.

DN Angel: Haven't see the anime yet but have read the first two volumes of the manga.

Pretear: The manga seems to be better (I've read the first two volumes). The anime...I liked it, but there isn't much character development.

Azumanga Daioh: Although I only read one page of the manga, I simply like the anime better. In the manga, one segment=1 minute in the anime. Yet, I probably need to read more of the manga before I make a judgement.  

Taemuy

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:48 pm
Taemuy

DN Angel: Haven't see the anime yet but have read the first two volumes of the manga.

Pretear: The manga seems to be better (I've read the first two volumes). The anime...I liked it, but there isn't much character development.

Word on the streeet (or from my buddies xd ) about DNAngel is that the anime is quite different from the manga. Krad is introduced in the 4th episode. 0__0

I thought there was a decent amount of character growth in Pretear. What do you expect from a 13 episode series???  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:01 pm
Neko-Yousei
Taemuy

Word on the streeet (or from my buddies xd ) about DNAngel is that the anime is quite different from the manga. Krad is introduced in the 4th episode. 0__0

I thought there was a decent amount of character growth in Pretear. What do you expect from a 13 episode series???

I rele liked the anime. I cried at the last episode. crying  

Misaki_Chii54
Crew

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:33 pm
Sen009
I get confuse if I see the whole series of the anime then read the manga and thhey have different parts to the story....

For instance if u seen the anime Samurai deeper Kyo which I think is a great anime is very different from the manga. Right when I read the first page I already knew the difference and it was that Kyoshiro had his sword already.

I personally think that I like both the same. For one reason reading the manga gives more detail to the character than the anime and for the anime they have voices so u don't have to imagine what they sound. Once you think about sometimes the anime series don't finish the story like Ranma 1/2 but I don't want to go in details about that.

Samurai Deeper Kyo, I love that manga and would so love to be able to see that anime. From the way you speak it seems as though I would love the anime just because it has differences to it. Also I like to see who they choose to do the voices, and see if they sound anything like you think they will.

Starshine
I usually go for the manga, becuase it the original, because the manga is always up to date and animes are often too targeted at selling the products rather than making it better.

That is a really good point, sometimes they do get caught up in targeting at selling products but in some cases it is the other way around. Where it is the anime that is the original and the manga that isn't all that great.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:04 pm
Nee... has anyone heard of there being a Wild Act anime?? My friend told me in the begining of the school year that there was a movie or something but they wont translate it because it's "bad". ::shrugs:: be interesting... but if it was just a movie I think it would kinda uber suck >< Unless Ryu had a RELE hot voice and I could have wonderful fantasies XDDDDDDD  

Misaki_Chii54
Crew

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:10 pm
Nope sorry Chii-chan I haven't heard anything about a Wild Act anime. I really wish there would be and I hope they would pick a sezzah voice for the uber sezzah Ryu^^  
TokyoPop Manga Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff