Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kouichi Pendolse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:58 pm
Name: Kurai, Kin
Hair: Blonde with a Green tinge
Eyes: Deep Violet
Clothes: He is normally found wearing a long loincloth and tunic with knee-length boots. All hues of brown made of animal skin.
Other: Black Dyed Wolf Hide Gloves, wreaching up to mid-forearm, with silver weights around the wrists. Silver Weights also reside in the parts of his boots which cover his shins, acting as a guard and a constant training method.
Team occupation: 'Shinsetsu Na Koroshimas'
Personality: Kin is tough boy with somewhat large eyes and kind hands. He strives to be a good person out of the stadium and always is. When he gets behind his handmade launcher thought, all hell breaks loose and he rarely loses.
Likes: Ramen (He seems to live off it.), Occasional Sugar Cane, Training, Beyblade
Dislikes: Slackers, Fools, Underly Accepting People
Hobbies: Beyblading, Training, Clinging to the first person he sees.
Strengths: Speed, Endurance, Attack
Weaknesses: Defense
Background: Little is known about Kin. He was born to parents who were killed by animals in the area of his village. Kin was with them at age six and he manged to survive by killing the animals with Omukashi no Neko. He came back, slightly changed... as if he was broken in two. Blading became a large part of his life and he is one of the strongest on his team and in his village.
Bitbeast name: Omukashi no Neko (aka- ONN)
Bitbeast appearance: http://kitsune-hi.com/Anime_Den/IY/ProfileKirara.jpg
Blade name: White Cat (Volpar/2) (Genocide/2) (Mother's Strength)
Blade appearance: The blade is mainly white, with occasional dabs of red or black. Two blades branch from the core of the blade with black streaks upon them. The base has multiple spikes on them and a metal spike for the axis. A ten heavy is used for the weight disk.
Attacks: V/2: Kage no Chi (Dark Blood)
Blade speed increases and bit beast appears. It circles around the outer edge of the dish and casually weaves in and out of view (due to the speed). It strikes every way.
G/2: Yami o Shippo Storiki (TBA)
(TBA)
MS: Unknown  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:13 am
Your character sounds very interesting, but he also sounds a lot as though he is based upon Kouga from InuYasha. Is he? And what do all the things you've written in Japanese mean? I'm sure it will be fine, but could you please verify these, and write descriptions as to what his attacks do and look like. Thanks.  

morbid_survivor

Soppon
Captain

Hilarious Flatterer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:03 pm
oO I can't beleive I missed the audition bittie... *stabs self with marshmallow bunny* If people do stupid things like forget to audition then tell them. =D

---
Kai grunted, the agony almost overwhelming. A muscle in his eye was on the verg of having a spasm attack while his teeth ground together. The sound was absolute agony. "Takao! Shut up," He quipped. Takao turned around in his bus seat and was about to start an argument but Kai promplty shoved his sandwitch wrapping into Takao's mouth. "I'll trhow you out the bus if you sing 'This is the Song that Never Ends' for one more verse."  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:15 am
animeandraia
oO I can't beleive I missed the audition bittie... *stabs self with marshmallow bunny* If people do stupid things like forget to audition then tell them. =D

---
Kai grunted, the agony almost overwhelming. A muscle in his eye was on the verg of having a spasm attack while his teeth ground together. The sound was absolute agony. "Takao! Shut up," He quipped. Takao turned around in his bus seat and was about to start an argument but Kai promplty shoved his sandwitch wrapping into Takao's mouth. "I'll trhow you out the bus if you sing 'This is the Song that Never Ends' for one more verse."

Can somebody tell me why most people who play Kai make him abuse Takao? Please? And... er... sorry to be rude animeandraia, but this was a bit too immature an action for Kai to do. sweatdrop  

Daiku Maryu

7,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200

Soppon
Captain

Hilarious Flatterer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:55 pm
@Maria Kai's like 14... o.o; Although he's the most mature of them he can still have moments where he reverts to more childish antics. Nobody's perfect. And I always view Kai and Takao's friendship as one where they repeatedly push eachother. They sort of have a childish rivalry in my mind no matter how old they are. Actually... they remind me of Sanzo and Goku of Saiyuki now that I think of it. @_@ I can just see Kai holding a gun and saying "die now" to Takao who just stole Kai's dinner. Sorry about the tangent there...

Would you have prefered I auditioned with an angsty piece overflowing with dark language that quotes Edgar Allan Poe?

There was no age specified for the characters so I set Kai in my mind as around 14(ish) on a tour bus.

I do write Kai as overly irritable though. I shall attempt to tone that down in the RP.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:26 am
animeandraia
@Maria Kai's like 14... o.o; Although he's the most mature of them he can still have moments where he reverts to more childish antics. Nobody's perfect. And I always view Kai and Takao's friendship as one where they repeatedly push eachother. They sort of have a childish rivalry in my mind no matter how old they are. Actually... they remind me of Sanzo and Goku of Saiyuki now that I think of it. @_@ I can just see Kai holding a gun and saying "die now" to Takao who just stole Kai's dinner. Sorry about the tangent there...

Would you have prefered I auditioned with an angsty piece overflowing with dark language that quotes Edgar Allan Poe?

There was no age specified for the characters so I set Kai in my mind as around 14(ish) on a tour bus.

I do write Kai as overly irritable though. I shall attempt to tone that down in the RP.

No, I don't approve of over-flowing angst either. Read the fanfic I left as an audition for Yuriy and tell me if that's angsty angstiness. I'm one of those scary people who see Kai as a rather silent person - not OMG!Angsty silent, but just calm, composed and generally not the one to stuff such as pushing paper into somebodies mouth.

BTW, can you give me any moments in the anime or the manga when he acted that silly? Maybe I'm just having giant holes in my memory, but I'm pretty sure Kai was the one making sarcastic comments, while Takao would be the one making crazy jokes.

And I have no idea who Goku and Saiyuki are. However, I do have mom who is a sociologist and explained me how groups work on Beyblade. According to her Kai is the "Task Leader" - the person who forces the group to work on a task and will make sure they will do it. Takao is (here comes a thoughtful pause and our brave little Pole finds out she forgot how the person was called and will have to do only the describing) the person who says "Stop the working guys! Let's have some fun!"

At least that's how it worked in first season, since it got a bit more complicated in V-Force and G-Revolution. If anybody wants to read the complite group description for the BBA Team for all seasons I can write one.  

Daiku Maryu

7,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200

morbid_survivor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:04 pm
Uhhh, yeah. Anyway, I like the audition animeandraia, but I'd have to agree with Maria-Lin. Kai wouldn't do that. It's more the sort of thing Hilary would do, not Kai, so it would have been brilliant if you'd been auditioning for her. Kai would just tell him to be quiet, not stuff a wrapper in his mouth. Sorry, but could you do another one please. Try to make him more...I can't really describe it. Well, less imature. If you want some help you could ask Maria-Lin if she could ask tsui-tsui if it would be OK for animeandraia to check out her for Kai from the RPG guild.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:00 pm
Maria, you're being a little over a**l retentive on OOCness. He wasn't that OOC. And if you don't unerstand a**l retentive I'm sure you can go ask your mother, she's probably taken some psychology along with her sociology. RPs and writing often have characters developing in a different way than featured in the series. IF people wrote them exactly the same as they were in the series then they'd get overly predictable. Flexibility can be your friend in moderation. There's also the other end of the spectrum where a character is so OOC they might as well be an OC. I don't write Kai as some angst machine and I don't write him as the Takao-battling obsessed teen that he is in G-Rev. In my mind he's an arsehole, with good one liners, a short tolerance for idiocy and a love for kitties.

I'm withdrawing from the RP. If people can't tolerate different writing styles and moderate OOCness then I have no interest. It'll just cause complications later on and I don't like arguing with people over trivial things. I admitted that I wrote Kai as a tad over irritated. But I still seem to have been chewed on a bit excessively.

As for Kai's behaviour it was not that silly. It was a quick and simple way to shut Takao up. I'm sure you can agree that Kai is one who likes to do something effectively the first time and not have to deal with it again later. He likes to have control over the situation, and if Takao can't say anything since his mouth is full of wrapping then he can't argue back. There is a method to the madness.

Another mod joked that I should lock this. If there are too many problems arising in this RP the thread will be locked.  

Soppon
Captain

Hilarious Flatterer

Kouichi Pendolse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:30 pm
morbid_survivor
Your character sounds very interesting, but he also sounds a lot as though he is based upon Kouga from InuYasha. Is he? And what do all the things you've written in Japanese mean? I'm sure it will be fine, but could you please verify these, and write descriptions as to what his attacks do and look like. Thanks.

He's not based on Kouga...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:21 am
Oh dear. This doesn't seem to be going very well. Maybe it is best if the topic is locked. I think that would be better for all. I'll see if I can think of a different one. Sorry all, but I'm gonna ask for it locked.  

morbid_survivor

sakura__sake
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:58 am
Locked as requested.  
The Creative Corner

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items