Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply TokyoPop Manga Guild
Do you think tokyopo should come out with more anime? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nlee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:12 pm
maybe it would be a good idea but they wouldnt spend so much time on publishing anime or would they  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:47 pm
my thing is,why change a good thing?there good with manga,they should stick with it.  

Capricorinations

Frosted Fai

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:39 pm
Traveler of Darkness
no! Then they may get caught up and not have time for the mangas! But then I'm sure they could do both, but one or the other would be rushed at some point and T.P might loose it's popularity. Did any of this make sence? sweatdrop
to me it did 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:52 pm
I would have to say no on this. TokyoPop is excellent with manga. They should stick with it. I have only watched one of their anime (Saint Tail) and I wasn't that impressed. I say, give the anime to a good company for re-dubbing if you ask me.
Besides, their anime is insanely too much! For example, just for 13 eps. of Marmalade Boy you have to pay $100. That's crazy. I could get a whole freakin' series for about that much! (or at least a whole 26 ep. season)

Hey TP! Stay away from the anime! Stay with manga! More money and happy fans like us! biggrin

rant.over.  

Higashi17

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:26 pm
Higashi17
I would have to say no on this. TokyoPop is excellent with manga. They should stick with it. I have only watched one of their anime (Saint Tail) and I wasn't that impressed. I say, give the anime to a good company for re-dubbing if you ask me.
Besides, their anime is insanely too much! For example, just for 13 eps. of Marmalade Boy you have to pay $100. That's crazy. I could get a whole freakin' series for about that much! (or at least a whole 26 ep. season)

Hey TP! Stay away from the anime! Stay with manga! More money and happy fans like us! biggrin

rant.over.

I thought it was 19 ep.s.........but still, that's not even a season.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:26 am
Neko-Yousei
Higashi17

rant.over.

I thought it was 19 ep.s.........but still, that's not even a season.

I think it was 13 . . . . it's a rip-off . . . 3nodding  

Higashi17

-[ Grant ]-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:57 pm
If TP made anime dvds, then the prices on all their merchendise would skyrocket! crying It would be a sad day for TP readers everywhere!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:57 pm
No. Stay with the manga.

Reason:

**fetus position in a corner** RAVE MASTER, WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU???!! crying  

Celas

ChobiMM3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:42 am
I'm waitng for the Tokyo Mew Mew anime........ sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:16 pm
ChobiMM3

TokyoPop doesn't have the rights to that, hun. 4Kids does. You know, the people who did Poke'mon and "YuGiOh". It's premeiring sometime this year on the "Fox Box" and is titled "Mew Mew Power".
*gags herself with a spoon*  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

Higashi17

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:37 pm
Neko-Yousei
ChobiMM3

TokyoPop doesn't have the rights to that, hun. 4Kids does. You know, the people who did Poke'mon and "YuGiOh". It's premeiring sometime this year on the "Fox Box" and is titled "Mew Mew Power".

Well, let's think about it: Would it be worse if Tokyo-Pop had the TMM anime rights?

Well . . . most likely, TMM DVDs would have the Jap. tracks (thank God) and probably all of the original names (like Ichigo and the rest). But, then you would have to deal with probably just as bad of an English voice track as the 4Kids version . . . .

I can't choose! EEK! *passes out* sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:55 pm
Higashi17
Neko-Yousei
ChobiMM3

Well, let's think about it: Would it be worse if Tokyo-Pop had the TMM anime rights?

Well . . . most likely, TMM DVDs would have the Jap. tracks (thank God) and probably all of the original names (like Ichigo and the rest). But, then you would have to deal with probably just as bad of an English voice track as the 4Kids version . . . .

I can't choose! EEK! *passes out* sweatdrop

With 4Kids, we won't even GET the Japanese track, and that's the important thing!!!  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:36 pm
yeah they have just mutilated our poor TMM with signing it off to them ><  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:14 pm
PsychoAce56

Well, at least it's not being called "Hollywood Mew Mew" like it originally was . . . *shudders* eek  

Higashi17

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:46 am
Higashi17
PsychoAce56

Well, at least it's not being called "Hollywood Mew Mew" like it originally was . . . *shudders* eek

Do you like "Mew Mew Power" better? stare  
TokyoPop Manga Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces