Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)
Zombies Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are they scary?
  Yes!
  No!
  There are worse things supernatural.
View Results

Aleria Carventus

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:35 pm
witchangel1
Angelic_Illusionz
Zombies freak me out, just because the virus spreads so easily. But that's the human made ones. I think magically, I doubt the curse would be contagious. But considering that they're already dead, it'd be hard to get rid of them.

Well they do say, according to the movies, that shooting them in the head or chopping it off will work. I've also heard of a book called The Zombie Survival Guide that tells how to deal with zombies, but I haven't read it.

From what i've heard, because they have no brain choppin goff, or shooting the head it doesn't work, Ive read that you have to chop them to pieces so they cant even move anymore...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:01 pm
Aleria_Carventus
witchangel1
Angelic_Illusionz
Zombies freak me out, just because the virus spreads so easily. But that's the human made ones. I think magically, I doubt the curse would be contagious. But considering that they're already dead, it'd be hard to get rid of them.

Well they do say, according to the movies, that shooting them in the head or chopping it off will work. I've also heard of a book called The Zombie Survival Guide that tells how to deal with zombies, but I haven't read it.

From what i've heard, because they have no brain choppin goff, or shooting the head it doesn't work, Ive read that you have to chop them to pieces so they cant even move anymore...
i heard if you send a swimsuit clad woman after them they will be too busy hacking them to knotice that your doing the same thing to them.......  

vesta_vesves_star

doctorcsims

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:41 am
to be honest the only movies that have scared me would have to be the japanes version of the ring. Zombies have never scared me if you act like one of them then they won't notice that you are walking straight past them razz i love shaune of the dead great zombie film  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:31 pm
vesta_vesves_star
Aleria_Carventus
witchangel1
Angelic_Illusionz

i heard if you send a swimsuit clad woman after them they will be too busy hacking them to knotice that your doing the same thing to them.......

Is that a joke?!  

Angel Bruja

SassieCassie390

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:39 am
Weelllllllllllllll... I see zombies in my dreams sometimes (as in the dream analyzing forum) but I don't think they could really exist, unless possessed by a very powerful force, and not having been buried yet. I mean, think of it! They several pounds of dirt would leave no room for the being to crawl up out of its coffin, and to scrape through the wood, the fingers would be reduced to nubs, disreguarding whether or not this actually causes pain. If they did manage to scrape through the lid of the coffin, the dirt would fall down into it and trap them. Having no where to move, and certainly not the strength to do it, they would be stuck in the dirt, rotting away until there was nothing left of them that worms and other bugs and bacteria hadn't eatten. The biggest chance of having a real zombie issue (assuming one could exist) would be someone that died in a house, and was not under any sort of professional care. That way, the entity could escape into the streets and cause some sort of damage until the police were called, and it was shot up. After not dieing from the shots the law enforcement men would more than likely try every possible way to destroy it. (Including incineration) And in theory, once the body was incinerated, there would be no more trouble.
And I do mean this in a friendly tone. I do not take my opinion any more into depth than anyone else's in this forum.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:55 am
Wow things died right after I said that. crying Was it me?  

SassieCassie390

Angel Bruja

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:43 am
SassieCassie390
Wow things died right after I said that. crying Was it me?

No, it wasn't you. Don't worry.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:23 pm
witchangel1
vesta_vesves_star
Aleria_Carventus
witchangel1
Angelic_Illusionz

Is that a joke?!
....somewhat  

vesta_vesves_star

PhoenixMoonStar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:19 am
I can't believe I'm getting in on this..

Okay.. to try and quote one of the few movies I've seen..

Resident Evil: The virus used reanimated the body after death, based on nerve impulses and such, but rendered them stupid with only the basic functions and needs. In other words, the need to feed. Shooting them in the head, or causing severe trama to the head effectively killed them, because you severed the spinal connection which continued to send the electrical nerve impulses... basicaly like pulling out the battery or unpluging the cord... or frying the circuits of the harddrive...

As for rigor... I seem to remember somewhere hearing somewhere (and I could be wrong, or the source I heard it from could be wrong) that the body hits rigor, and then there's a point where it comes out of rigor, before going back into full rigor. I would imagine if this is true, that the virus or whatever would hit in that 'soft spot' between rigors and the fact the body was reanimated would keep full rigor away. I think they are going off the idea that the reason the body goes into rigor is that there's no 'power' (see the battery/plug/harddrive comment from above). So if you re-applied power, you could jumpstart the body, but it wouldn't really have a soul, and if the soul controls the thinking process, then they would be like little wind-up dolls, or basic machines.

Yeah, so well that's my take on things.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:29 am
PhoenixMoonStar
I can't believe I'm getting in on this..

Okay.. to try and quote one of the few movies I've seen..

Resident Evil: The virus used reanimated the body after death, based on nerve impulses and such, but rendered them stupid with only the basic functions and needs. In other words, the need to feed. Shooting them in the head, or causing severe trama to the head effectively killed them, because you severed the spinal connection which continued to send the electrical nerve impulses... basicaly like pulling out the battery or unpluging the cord... or frying the circuits of the harddrive...

As for rigor... I seem to remember somewhere hearing somewhere (and I could be wrong, or the source I heard it from could be wrong) that the body hits rigor, and then there's a point where it comes out of rigor, before going back into full rigor. I would imagine if this is true, that the virus or whatever would hit in that 'soft spot' between rigors and the fact the body was reanimated would keep full rigor away. I think they are going off the idea that the reason the body goes into rigor is that there's no 'power' (see the battery/plug/harddrive comment from above). So if you re-applied power, you could jumpstart the body, but it wouldn't really have a soul, and if the soul controls the thinking process, then they would be like little wind-up dolls, or basic machines.

Yeah, so well that's my take on things.

Interesting. You could be right.  

Angel Bruja

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:39 am
simple solution to zombies, head shoy, head chopped off with shovel or blessed silver.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:48 pm
Zombies are perhaps among my top fears.

Mostly because they are machines of nature. They have no emotion, only hunt and survive.

Though I'm sure my little friend mr. Flamethrower could handle them twisted  

Silfy_Steller

-X-Luciferin-X-Bandit-X-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:17 am
I actually got bored one night, and came up with a game plan for if a Zombie Apocalypse actually happened.

It involves me hiding in a Catholic church (It's the PERFECT place to defend against something too stupid to use tools. It has towers, heavy barrable doors, and lots of space to stockpile necessities)

I would immediately loot a grocery store for ALL non-perishables, and I would loot an outdoors store for containers to keep water.

It would take me about 3-4 days to get set up, and then I'd be good to go.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:59 am
Anybody forget Voodoo?

Namikikyo

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:33 pm
rigor begins to go away between 24 and 36 hours after it starts, the majority of zombies in the movies are several years dead so rigor would not be a factor.

personally i find them scary becuase of the way they move and the fact that their body parts are falling off, "dude, you dropped your... uh, torso..." eek

plus i think having something gnawing at your head trying to eat your brain would be very annoying after a while, i mean really, i doubt their teeth are strong enough to bite into my skull after they've been deprived of proper nutrition and crest total care.  
*~Common Room~* (chatterbox, life, socializing)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games