Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Magenta Platypus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:03 pm
Quote:
"Well?" said Ron finally, looking up at Harry. "How was it?"
Harry considered for a moment.
"Wet," he said truthfully.
Ron made a noice that might have indicated jubilation or disgust, it was hard to tell.
"Because she was crying," Harry continued heavily.
"Oh," said Ron, his smile fading slightly. "Are you that bad at kissing?"
"Dunno," said Harry, who hadn't considered this, and immediately felt rather worried. "Maybe I am."

Quote:
A slightly stunned silence greeted the end of this speech, then Ron said, "One person can't feel all that at once, they'd explode."
"Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have," said Hermione.

Quote:
"You two," she went on, gazing down at Fred and George, "are about to learn what happens to wrongdoers in my school."
"You know what?" said Fred. "I don't think we are."
He turned to his twin.
"George," said Fred, "I think we've outgrown a full-time education."
"Yeah, I've been feeling that way myself," said George lightly.
"Time to test our talents in the real world, d'you reckon?" asked Fred.
"Definitely," said George.
And before Umbridge could say a word, they raised their wants and said together, "Accio Brooms!"
Harry heard a loud crash somewhere in the distance. Looking to his left he ducked just in time -- Fred and George's broomsticks, one still trailing the heavy chain and iron peg with which Umbridge had fastened them to the wall, were hurtling along the corridor toward their owners. They turned left, streaked down the stairs, and stopped sharply in front of the twins, the chain clattering loudly on the flagged stone floor.
"We won't be seeing you," Fred told Professor Umbridge, swinging his leg over his broomstick.
"Yeah, don't bother to keep in touch," said George, mounting his own.
Fred looked around at the assembled students, and at the silent, watchful crowd.
"If anybody fancies buying a Portable Swamp, as demonstrated upstairs, come to number ninety-three Diagon Alley – Weasley's Wizard Wheezes," he said in a loud voice. "Our new premesis!"
"Special discounts to Hogwarts students who swear they're going to use our products to get rid of this old bat," said George, pointing at Professor Umbridge.
"STOP THEM!" shrieked Umbridge, but it was too late. As the Inquisitorial Squad closed in, Fred and George kicked off from the floor, shooting fifteen feet into the air, the iron peg swinging dangerously below. Fred looked across the hall at the poltergeist bobbing on his level above the crowd.
"Give her hell from us, Peeves."
"And Peeves, whom Harry had never seen take an order from a student before, swept his belled hat from his head and sprang to a salute as Fred and George wheeled about to tumultuous applause from the students below and sped out of the open front doors into the glorious sunset.

Good ol' Mugglenet! biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:41 pm
Man I loved that scene! I always wear a big grin when I real how Fred and George spent their last days at Hogwarts. Fireworks thorugh the hallways, finally standing up to the Umbitch......

Good times, good times.... 3nodding  

Elviondeln
Crew

Magenta Platypus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:54 pm
I'd've loved to be there when that happened... biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:23 pm
my favorites would be:

"I didn't learn joined-up writing for nothing, you know!"

"Mars is bright tonight."

"But first, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Oddment! Blubber! Tweak!"  

Rowena Marion

ayameroxs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:40 pm
so many favorites, but absolute favorite would have to be:

J.K.Rowling
"back in our first year when we were young, carefree and innocent. . . ."
Harry snorted, he couldn't believe there had been a time when Fred and George were innocent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:25 pm
"I thought Voldemort was supposed to be lying low, or are you telling me he's going to jump out from behind a dustbin and try and do me in?"

"Is it true that you shouted at Professor Umbridge?"
"Yes," said Harry.
"You called her a liar?"
"Yes."
"You told her He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named is back?"
"Yes."
Professor McGonagall sat down behind her desk, watching Harry closely. The she said, "Have a biscuit, Potter."

As Harry watched, one of the larger Catherine wheels seemed to decide that what it needed was more room to maneuver; it whirled towards Umbridge and Filch with a sinister wheeeeeeeee.  

Kainosa

hiphopmewmint

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:01 am
the whole book!! well, i have individual quotes that i like, but can't think of any right now!! xd  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:21 pm
wow, no one has posted since i posted!! well i did find one that i liked:

"Just put them on Archie, there's a good chap. You can't walk around like that, the muggle at the gate's already getting suspicious - "
"I bought this at a muggle shop," said the old wizard stubbornly.
"muggles wear them."
"muggle women wear them, Archie, not the men, they wear these," said the ministry wizard, and he brandished the pinstriped trousers.
"i'm not putting them on," siad old Archie in indignation. ' I like a healthy breeze around my privates thanks."

LOL!!! xd  

hiphopmewmint

willowtree
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:55 pm
wakebordrgirl137
"Is it true that you shouted at Professor Umbridge?"
"Yes," said Harry.
"You called her a liar?"
"Yes."
"You told her He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named is back?"
"Yes."
Professor McGonagall sat down behind her desk, watching Harry closely. The she said, "Have a biscuit, Potter."

LOVE that one! heart  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:46 am
kim21
my fav quote is from the first movie by hermione

"I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another plan to get us killed, or worse expelled."

i think shes crazy, but funny, also.

Yes, this is my fav quote , too  

joyinfree

Heroic Pirate

11,750 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Generous 100

Elviondeln
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:59 pm
laksa88
My two favourite quotes are from Ron and Hermione from the first book

Quote:
'Yes-of course-but there's no wood!' said Hermione
'HAVE YOU GONE MAD?' Ron bellowed. 'ARE YOU A WITCH OR NOT?'
I adore that quote. I always laugh when I read it. Also, I like:

(Harry, just being greeted by Percy) "Harry!" said Fred, elbowing Percy out of the way and bowing deeply. "Simply splendid to see you, old boy–" "Marvelous," said George, pushing Fred aside and seizing Harry's hand in turn. "Absolutely spiffing." Percy scowled. "That's enough, now," said Mrs. Weasley. "Mum!" said Fred as though he'd only just spotted her and seized her hand too. "How really corking to see you-"

Fred and George are so funny though I often mesh them in my mind. >.>  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:43 pm
Black turned around to look at him; Snape's head was scaping the ceiling but Black didnt seem to care.
'You want to?' he said. 'You mean it?'
'Yeah I mean it!' said Harry.
Black's gaunt face broke into the first true smile Harry had seen upon it. The difference it made was startling, as though a person ten years younger were shining through the starved mask; for a moment he was recognizeable as the mad who had laughed at Harry's parent's wedding."  

serenity112286

serenity112286

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:01 pm
kity_kat
me likes these:
"I want to fix that in my memory forever," said Ron, his closed and an uplifted expression on his face. "Draco Malfoy, the amazing bouncing ferret..."

"How're we getting to King's Cross tomorrow, Dad?" asked Fred as they dug into a sumptuous pudding.
"The Ministry's providing a couple of cars," said Mr. Weasley.
Everyone looked up at him.
"Why?" said Percy curiously.
"It's because of you, Perce," said George seriously. "And there'll be little flags on the hoods, with HB on them–"
"–for Humongous Bighead," said Fred.

(Harry, just being greeted by Percy) "Harry!" said Fred, elbowing Percy out of the way and bowing deeply. "Simply splendid to see you, old boy–" "Marvelous," said George, pushing Fred aside and seizing Harry's hand in turn. "Absolutely spiffing." Percy scowled. "That's enough, now," said Mrs. Weasley. "Mum!" said Fred as though he'd only just spotted her and seized her hand too. "How really corking to see you-"

Ron: "Who're you going with then?"
Fred: "Angelina."
Ron: "What? You've already asked her?"
Fred: "Good point. Oi, Angelina! Want to come to the ball with me?"

Fred: "You're a Prefect, Percy? You should have told us something, we had no idea..."
George: "Hold on, I think he mentioned somthing once..."
Fred: "Or twice..."
George: "A minute..."
Fred: "All summer..."

and alot more

gotta love the weasley twins!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:18 am
hiphopmewmint
wow, no one has posted since i posted!! well i did find one that i liked:

"Just put them on Archie, there's a good chap. You can't walk around like that, the muggle at the gate's already getting suspicious - "
"I bought this at a muggle shop," said the old wizard stubbornly.
"muggles wear them."
"muggle women wear them, Archie, not the men, they wear these," said the ministry wizard, and he brandished the pinstriped trousers.
"i'm not putting them on," siad old Archie in indignation. ' I like a healthy breeze around my privates thanks."

LOL!!! xd

Hey...!!!! I was planning to write that!! XD

One of my other favorites are:

"Has Ron saved a goal yet?" asked Hermione.
"Well, he can do it if he thinks no one is watching him," said Fred, rolling his eyes. "So all we have to do is ask the crowd to turn their backs and talk among themselves every time the Quaffle goes up on his end Saturday."

LoL...^^

and then there's

Speaking quietly so that no one else would hear, Harry told the other two about Snape's sudden, sinister desire to be a Quidditch referee.
'Don't play,' said Hermione at once.
'Say you're ill,' said Ron.
'Pretend to break your leg,' Hermione suggested.
'Really break your leg,' said Ron

hehe...  

baka_ana19

willowtree
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:09 pm
I was thumbing through book 5 today and found another of my favorite quotes:

"'I cared about you too much,' said Dumbledore simply. 'I cared more for your happiness than your knowing the truth, more for your peace of mind than my plan, more for your life than the lives that might be lost if the plan failed. In other words, I acted exactly as Voldemort expects we fools who love to act.'

'Is there a defense? I defy anyone who has watched you as I have- and I have watched you more closely than you can have imagined- not to want to save you more pain than you had already suffered. What did I care if numbers of nameless and faceless people and creatures were slaughtered in the vague future, if in the here and now you were alive, and well, and happy? I never dreamed that I would have such a person on my hands.'"

crying crying crying Beautiful...  
Favorites

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces