Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Pain In the a** things about being a GOTH..... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow`s Enigma

Apocalyptic Warrior

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:23 pm
Um, let's see:
-being called emo because the jackass doesn't know the difference between goth and emo
-my mother. No, my dad's ok with it.
-metal detectors
-I also have trouble keeping my blacks, black.
-Matching blacks. Midnight black and faded black, for me, do not go together
-trying to find a way to explain to people what a goth is (had to do it earlier today... ugh...)
-people thinking that I'm going to kick their a** because I'm such a 'scary evil' teen
-people thinking that they can push you over just because you're not human to them
-stereotypes  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:49 pm
I actually think it's kind of fun when people walk up to me in malls and stuff and ask me questions. I'm glad they're bothering to ASK me about my style instead of just staring at me like they want to ask me something, but then not saying anything. That's annoying.

Not having enough money to get the clothing I want sucks a**. I keep TELLING my mom I need a job, but she says I can't get one until I can drive myself there and back. I'm hopeing to get a job at Hot Topic, but we'll see.

Not being able to find the clothes I'm looking for in the first place sucks too. Hot Topic has almost gone preppy lately. It's sad.

Oh, and my friends are forcing me to go to prom my senior year (Next year) and they say I'm not allowed to wear black (Hah! Over my dead body!)

One last thing, Not having access to the kinds of makeup I need. Lack of money and/or a credit card is also an issue in this case.  

Dracula Vampirate

CorruptedTears

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:32 pm
The things that annoy me the most about being gothic is....

1. People always come up to me and try and hit on me to see what I would do. (Like sacrifice them to Satan, they think, maybe?)
2. How all the friends I had totally started to make fun of me for dressing in black.
3. How all those friends eventually left me, and I had to get new ones.
4. How your family thinks you're a total freak-show and try shoving pills down your throat.
5. How clothes that actually look cool cost so FREAKING MUCH! I mean, I'm not that rich, so I have to save up for a month to buys a pair of pants and a shirt....
6. How once you start writing you are officially an outcast and consitered an Emo Gothic Satanist

There's a lot more that annoys me but that's enough ranting for me, for now. whee  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 2:43 pm
this list is kinda dumb

where what bothers me
Lint, white cats and people taking my razors becuse they dont want me to keep shaving my head.  

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

gothicrebel

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:21 pm
Yea
I hate it when someone asks if ur goth and you say "sure i geuss" or something and then they are like "NO YOUR NOT POSER!!!"

its retarded
y the hell would they ask if they knew you were a aposer or already thought you ******** idiots  
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:25 pm
gothicrebel
Yea
I hate it when someone asks if ur goth and you say "sure i geuss" or something and then they are like "NO YOUR NOT POSER!!!"

its retarded
y the hell would they ask if they knew you were a aposer or already thought you ******** idiots

Ahhh the fun stuff.

Once I was asked, and I said "Yeah sure whatever."

The response?

"YOU'RE NOT GOTH, YOU POSEUR."

Thank you, oh lord and master of all stereotypes.

I hate people like that.

.Sodomy.On.A.Stick.

Thida Fxcking Tragedy++

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:44 pm
What's the most annoying..... People yelling "******** GOTH!" at you in the halls and they dont' get in trouble.

And one time a person came up to me and started saying "goth goth goth goth" over and over till i said "i'm not goth you f**." then he started saying emo over and over again. till i just left.

LABELS SUCK!

and these things:
Make up needs
clothing because the hot topic where i live near is tiny.
acne from make up D: (not like i get it because i clean it but it's annoying)
white powder is hard to find here for a cheap price because they dont sell it at hot topic anymore
How people awsume that I'm goth because of what i wear

Nothing annoys me that much. I mean my parents are ok with it. My teachers don't care because I get As in all my classes and don't talk to everyone.(but when i do... i tend to yell hawhaw)

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:41 pm
things that annoy me

1. preeppy kids telling me I'm not goth because I don't look how they picture goth
2. parents telling you to be more normal.... why? so I can be a crck addict?
3. hot topic going preppy
4 the cost of goth clothes  

.+Melanthios+.

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:48 pm
Honestly, I am getting a bit tired of all the complaints against the gothic people.
Everyone gets critisism once in a while.
I am rather upset at people who say they are "gothic" and are good people, yet bash on other "sterotypes".
I know there is always going to be some people who make fun of you, no matter what you do.

I have been made fun of because:
I'm fat
I didn't talk much
I got good grades
I got bad grades
I read to much
I didn't have friends
People didn't like my friends.

People are just trying to poke fun, maybe be mean about it, but come on people, stop taking so much offense to nothing.
SURE, it gets really annoying, but I honestly say, get to know the person who is asking you that stuff. If they still act the same, not your problem.
If they turn more accepting of others, good job!
There will ALWAYS be people making fun of others.

/rant  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:37 pm
chainz_the_crazy_clown
This is a list of things that are a pain in the a**...

1. Everyone thinking you worship satin.
2. The price of Tripp clothing...
3. The price of gothic things in general
4. KEEPING YOUR GOD DAMN BLACK CLOTHS BLACK
5. The weird numb arm felling you get when you put ALL 11 armbands back on your right arm, damn blood circulation....
6. The damn stereotypes
7. Your parents bitching at you, and trying to change how you look so it makes them look good...
8. The time it takes to GET ALL OF THOUGHTS CHAINS ON AND OFF, DAMN,
9. People stepping on your pants
10.The anti- depressant every wants to give us.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Post your thoughts what are the biggist pains in the a** you see.... I just thought this would be funny....

You nailed alot of mine, but here are my own:

1) Putting on all that make-up, and making it look as dark as possible
2) Having to deal with posers who call you posers
3) All the dumb a** questions
4) The rude comments
5) The sewn on buttons that happen to be on alot of gothic pants that always get ripped off and lost
6) Getting your foot caught on chains hanging off of your pants

I get alot of gothic stereotype comments. And comments about my eyeliner. Every time I wear a black, gothic skirt, the poser in my math class is all: "Um....What is all of that?" As if goths can't wear a shirt.  

lola_siannodel

lola_siannodel

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:44 pm
miturn
3. hot topic going preppy

Thank you!

I am so sick of going on the online shop, and seeing all that light pink crap. And yet, the Ghetto kids still think it's a store for kids who want to kill themselves....  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:44 pm
I Think the most annoying thing about being goth is that when you decide goth is your thing and people say it's wrong; it's like saying that it's wrong to be you...  

Laharl Part Deux

Oterys

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:48 pm
chainz_the_crazy_clown

10.The anti- depressant everyone wants to give us.

I spent some time, or rather wasted time in counseling where my medications were changed three times for a highly questionable problem. My doctors *sharpens the stake* decided I was a suffering from a combination of anxiety and bi-polar.  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:49 pm
So true, so true. People dont really think of us as intellegent people, but devil worshipers, and actually it was a priest that told everyone that goths are not all satan worshipers. ironic isnt it?  

Darken_mortal

FireFarie54

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:29 pm
4. KEEPING YOUR GOD DAMN BLACK CLOTHS BLACK
use woolite dark  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items