Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Goth means I can't get a job? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Another stupid topic?
  Yes, your last one was too...
  *shrugs* Maybe, depends on how I feel today.
  No, it touches on the subject of being mean because of clothes.
  Don't care, why should you..
View Results

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:24 pm
h8kitten
i got a gob at JC p***s

p***s!?

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 8:57 pm
whear all the black you want and job that aget a goodccepts you for your quality and not your looks (unless you wanna be a model or something) i know...not very helpful...but still...  

nayasumei

Tipsy Tipper

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Partygoer 500

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:30 am
It's fine to be true to yourself and all that, but if you're going for a job interview you have to dress more or less normaly- like a shirt or something.
It's just common sense.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:29 pm
that bastered is ..is ..is a whats the word ummmmma stareotype a rasist against goths i hate him. the way i see it he can't not hire you just by juding you on being goth that is not right  

FireFarie54

Laharl Part Deux

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:01 pm
Sorry hun but as long as there are haters out there you will get descriminated against. Like the doctor my mom used to work with never hired anyone with odd piercings. It's why I'm having such a hard time swicthing jobs.

I'm not saying give up on your dream. Heavens no! But what I am saying is that if you want that dream your going to have to change tactics. I see here alot of people are saying that changing youself to get the job is a bad thing. And it is! but what alot of people don't realize is that in the real world, no job discrimination at all is just a ideal. In the workplace it's a jungle, and you have to do what you have to do to get ahead. Even if it means dress to impress.
I understand where you're coming from though, I mean no one going to want to hire a gothic music teacher. I might brainwash the little children ::rollseyes::

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:49 pm
Its just stupid people, rolleyes  

ChatuRRa

Forever_the_child

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:59 pm
Have you tried:
Boarders
Hot topic
A music store ( music fye )
Guitar Center
It would be really funny if you tried to work at a pre-school you should try just to see the reaction at the pre-school lOl  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:37 pm
FireFarie54
that bastered is ..is ..is a whats the word ummmmma stareotype a rasist against goths i hate him. the way i see it he can't not hire you just by juding you on being goth that is not right

goth isnt a race theyre just scary  

[i.eat.innocent.kittens]

Bewitching_NightShade

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:09 pm
I agree with what most of the others are saying; gently break in your potential work colleagues to your gothness. That's what I did and now I can wear anything to work. You can't expect to gain the trust of an employer straight away. Really in the business world, you can be replaced with someone else. And if being a vet is what you want to do above all else, you will modify your appearance during your work hours. OK it might not sound fair, but it is business and if there is someone else that fits the "look" of the work place better than you, then they will will. All this simply because, no matter how hard we try, we will always judge someone on how they look.
If you truly want to be a vet, you will work out what is the correct amount of Goth for you to display and pursue your dream, without being unfaithful to who you are. Most importantly I guess you have to remember that you can't change others opinions of you, but you can your reaction to their opinions. That has helped me a lot to deal with people who can't cope with my oddness.

Good luck

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:10 pm
h8kitten
i got a gob at JC p***s

stare Im leaving this one alone  

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

[Fraggle]

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:07 am
I recently did work experience. The last day was yesterday, as it happens. I wasn't allowed to wear my criminal damage pants. Or my t-shirts. Or my trench. This pissed me off. But I accepted it, and wore black cargo pants, black hiking style boots, and a purple with black pinstripes shirt. It was ok. It was at a first school.... some of the kids ROCKED! There were 2 or 3 7-8 year olds allready into Marilyn manson, Rammstein, and disturbed. And that was before I got there. Heh.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 7:41 am
Hmmm.....Seeing as goths are a group of people, wouldn't it be considered predjudice to refuse a job for a goth, just because their goth?

If you try to present your case, it might help. Perhaps look for a place that will hire you. I'm sure there's at least one animal hospital in your state that won't deny you a job for being goth.  

lola_siannodel

.+Melanthios+.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 8:55 am
Bewitching_NightShade
I agree with what most of the others are saying; gently break in your potential work colleagues to your gothness. That's what I did and now I can wear anything to work. You can't expect to gain the trust of an employer straight away. Really in the business world, you can be replaced with someone else. And if being a vet is what you want to do above all else, you will modify your appearance during your work hours. OK it might not sound fair, but it is business and if there is someone else that fits the "look" of the work place better than you, then they will will. All this simply because, no matter how hard we try, we will always judge someone on how they look.
If you truly want to be a vet, you will work out what is the correct amount of Goth for you to display and pursue your dream, without being unfaithful to who you are. Most importantly I guess you have to remember that you can't change others opinions of you, but you can your reaction to their opinions. That has helped me a lot to deal with people who can't cope with my oddness.

I thouroughly agree
Good luck

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:24 am
Definatly not saying you DO. but I have alot of friends who have sevre inferiorty complexs so they are nasty to thier boss. Saying Sir, thank you, please , Ma'am and the like is very important. Also speaking in a monotone voice isnt going to help you. Be eccentric.  

Eegaras

hfdhgsdfgsf

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:35 am
Just wear decne t clothes when u work. It won;t make u any less of a goth.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff