Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
Need programming help? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Z(O.o)M

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:27 pm
do u know to make flash progams , like stick movies?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:15 pm
Im not much of a flash designer, sorry. =

I stick more to languages like C++ and Java.  

MrBobVilla
Vice Captain

triswiggin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:49 pm
do you know how to do the thing on vb where you try to click on the box but it runs from the mouse?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:58 am
Z(O.o)M
do u know to make flash progams , like stick movies?

Download something like pivot stick figure animator?  

poggles

Sparkly Fairy

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Friendly 100

Bad_mojo_risen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:21 am
Programming Programs i use are:
NetBeans IDE
Visual basic
notepad++ or VIM for handcoding

Animation and 3d modeling

Maya or 3d max
Adobe flash----------------makes Flash animations
milkshape 3d
.................................ect

Sound editing:
audacity

Programs i made are on my site just click the SuperSMCow link, currently all my programs are in vb, but i am releasing a big java pack soon within a month or two of code programs that people can look over(so far all handcoded by the one and only me)  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:15 pm
Fascienne
OOH where can I be sneaky and gets a free version of Jcreator????

Why not just use Jcreator LE, it's already free, I used that for a programming class in high school, I'm sure it will do most things.

http://www.jcreator.com/download.htm  

Fires Fuel

Pton32

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:29 pm
No one would happen to know anything about QBASIC, would they? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:14 pm
hi i have a question i just bought a 160g back up hard drive and the files i have on there all have short cuts on my desk top and i need a file that is on the windows xp installation disc (it has the auto update file) and i got the cd and i looked for the file and searched within the cd and the file i need is not there. is there any other way i can get the hard drive to auto update so that it can be up to date with the short cuts because im always adding to them. or a safe website were i can downoad the file and not get a virus or any thing.. could you please pm me with an answer it would be a big help sweatdrop heart  

nikki1512

nikki1512

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:44 pm
dose anyone know how to help me sad  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:21 pm
Ahh I love computers and I really really want to learn everything I can about them and programming stuff!! Would someone be willing to teach me?? Ohh I loveee computer stuff soo much..  

Colfette

Black0lSun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:59 pm
Can anyone link me to a good C++ starter guide? I'm still building my knowledge up to this, but would be nice to have on hand.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:34 pm
Black0lSun
Can anyone link me to a good C++ starter guide? I'm still building my knowledge up to this, but would be nice to have on hand.

I don't know if they sell them in America, but here in Mexico they sell some poster-sized laminated cards with everything you need to know to have a cursory knowledge on a certain subject.

Now, if you want a book, try downloading, renting or buying "C++ How to Program" by Deitel & Deitel. It's a big-a** 500 page book with everything you need to know about C++. 3nodding  

Da_Nuke

Da_Nuke

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:12 pm
Colfette
Ahh I love computers and I really really want to learn everything I can about them and programming stuff!! Would someone be willing to teach me?? Ohh I loveee computer stuff soo much..

Try first with a little bit of HTML, then with "PHP and MySQL For Dummies". Or try learning Visual Basic .net. The good thing about PHP and Visual Basic is that it's very beginner friendly, you can do a lot of stuff with little code.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:40 am
Raiju Saito
This isn't really a programming question moreso as it is a mathematics question.

Recently I've been working on a new encryption method. It works by splitting a string into 8 smaller strings, using it's own algorithm to do so. However, I've been trying to split the string after it's been changed to binary. But when I do so, each smaller string length is the same length as the original string (due to the 8 string / 8-bit byte splitting). However I fear if I split the string by it's original content, then change it to binary and apply my algorithms, they will either be incomplete, or will always yield the same outcome if they show up in a specific layer. The encryption would still be strong, but once cracked it would be susceptible to a character array and could be cracked by anyone.

Use an algorithm to multiply the size of your string in a screwed up way first? For much more powerful encryption use 16 or 32 bit?  

Taylor_169

8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games