Reply Art / Writing show and exchange!
Writer's Corner Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zella L.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:42 pm
Woops, accidentaly screwed up the short story there.

Kamen: Wow, love the Ballad of Alicord, but it doesn't quite sound right when I say it, likely do to incoherant rythem. But the rhyming most always does wonders for a poem.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:54 pm
To see me

What we do
what we say
how we feel
what makes our day

what is it about our own tears
what is it about our pain
why do you forsake your beautiful dreams
why would you hurt yourself again

you've told me what you are
and you've waited so long
for my reply and im sorry
i was wrong

so close the curtains
lock the door
open your eyes
as i bear my soul

im only doing this once

FalconWyng

Zella L.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:36 pm
Falcon--it could probably be better if it had some sort of rhythem, but I do loooove the last line, how it just cuts off and all.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:46 pm
Dont be to hard on critiqueing this one. I didnt put much effort into it and it may show. Also this isnt my kind of writing style, i usually do something a little more comedic or violent. Other than that, Enjoy  

SuckerPunch!

SuckerPunch!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:50 pm
Waltz to Love

Author’s note: Hello fellow furs, This is my first full length, written out furry short story Celebrate Be Joyful Or suffer....Anyway. This story’s main cast will include my Fursona: Icuris. His childhood friend: Kei. Icuris’s crush and dream-girl: Jenn. The “Tri-Lions”: Is [Ee-ss], Morgan and Kira. Seeing as this is just a short love story you won’t be able to quite catch the characters’ personalities, but don’t worry I will write more stories in the near future so you reader will know all there is to know about Icuris and Kei, the main characters So without further adue (or a-do, or whatever), enjoy Waltz to Love.

And just remember, hearts will never stop loving...

“Seeya, Kei” Icuris said in a soft voice as he hunched his bag over his shoulder. Icuris was a simple red field fox anthro. He was about 5 4' and weighed 105lbs, a little light for his age. His fur was the standard redish orange with his hands, feet and the tips of his tail and ears black. His eyes were a strange island green and refused to meld with the rest of his color scheme. They were the most noticeable features about him. “What? Wait, where are you going” Kei questioned catching him by the back of his collar. Kei was a beautiful arctic fox anthro. She stood about the same height as Icuris give or take a few inches taller. She weighed 104lbs, but never talked about it; her feminine insecurity of weight always making itself apparent to her when the word “pound” was used. Her fur had toned away from white to make a solid grey. However, the crisp tint of white had yet to leave her fur entirely and morphed the grey into a silver. Her eyes were a soft amber and often misled others into thinking she was an innocent heavenly little vixen, man weren’t they in for a surprise. “Home. Car pool came early today” Icuris replied wiggling a bit in her grasp. “Oh...well I think I’m coming over for dinner tonight” Kei said releasing the fox and putting an index finger on her lips thinking. “When did this happen?” Icuris quirked his head quizzically. “When my mother told me last night” She answered with a shrug. “Great another couple of hours with you” Icuris smirked starting off for the exit again. “That’s right, Red. And you better make something good” She shouted back at him. Kei smiled softly watching him walk away. She had very deep feelings for Icuris since they met when the were five years old (human years of course), yet she’d never built up the courage to tell him how she felt. She sighed and turned around to meet three lionesses. “Wah ” Kei jumped back surprised. The three feline’s giggled. Kira, Morgan, and Is [ee-ss]. “That was quite a long stare, Kei” Is murmured. “Please, tell me you’ve told him” Kira added “I’m assuming not, else’ she would have been walking with him” Morgan stated with a smirk. Kei blushed lightly. “Oh come on Kei, when are you going to tell him how you truly feel ” Kira grabbed Kei’s paws and jumped up an down, a hint of pout in her voice. “You could just coincidentally walk with him to a secluded place, grab him and kiss him” Is said fantasizing romantic scenes. “And scare him away? Yeah right, you have to get him to kiss you Kei ” Morgan ordered. “Guys it’s just a crush. Besides he likes Jenn...” Kei mumbled sadly. “Yes?” A soft voice questioned from behind the group. Kei turned about to see Jenn approaching them. “Hey, Jenn...” Kei said weakly. Kei envied Jenn and for good reasons. Jenn was a brown Lynx hybrid, about the same height as Icuris weighing maybe 100lbs even. Her fur was a dark chocolate brown and creamy white on hey belly and middle of her torso. A blonde mane that looked like hair swept to her mid back. A gorgeous being, it wasn’t any mystery why Icuris liked her Kei though darkly. “Hey Kei, Hi girls!” She smiled and waved to the three lionesses, they returned the gesture and turn away from the two “Bye Kei” they said simultaneously. “Later” Kei responded. She was alone now, with the girl that loaded Icuris with a volley of cupid’s arrows, her Icuris. “Hey Kei, are you going to the dance tommarrow?” Kei tilted her head “No, why?”. “I have an extra ticket, would you wanna take it off my hands?” Jenn produced a thin red piece of paper from her pocket. “Sure..thanks, Jenn” Kei took the ticket and looked at it. “Cool, well I gotta’ go now. Seeya tomorrow Kei”. Kei smiled and nodded.

That Night at Icuris’s House:

“So, Icuris are you going to the dance tommarrow?” Kei asked watching him tune his guitar “Of course” He replied “Are you?”. Kei nodded yes “Jenn gave me an extra ticket.” Icuris looked up, even the mention of her name caught his attention “Did she, now. Isn’t she just a goddess” Icuris smirked at Kei. “Yeah...” Kei answered looking down then looking out the window to the moon. Icuris traced her eyes and join her in the gaze “Beautiful moon to night..” He murmured. “It is...” Kei replied distantly.

The Next Day at Lunch:

“Hey Keeeeeeeei!” “Hm?” Kei turned around to meet the three lionesses. “WAH!!!...Will you stop doing that! You’re gonna give me a heart attack” Kei breathed a heavy sigh. “We heard you were going to the dance tonight” Morgan said excitedly “Yeah! What are you gonna wear?” Kira followed up. “Will be something to knock Icuris’s socks off?” Is asked moving closer to Kei. “I don’t think he wears socks...” Kei mumbled backing up from the lionesses. She then realized she had nothing to wear to the dance “Crap!” she shouted “No no no no no....” Kei mumbled putting her hand on her ears. “I don’t have anything to wear...”. The three felines gasp but then smiled almost devilishly “Don’t worry Kei we’ve always wanted this to happen, relax we have this under control” They said simultaneously hugged her. What are they talking about? Kei though supiciously.

That Night at the Dance:

“See Kei, you’re in good hands” Is said nodding confidently. Kei looked in the mirror and blinked a few times. The dress Is, Kira and Morgan had gotten her was amazing. “Oh my God...Thank you!” Kei said pulling them all into a group hug. “Okay, okay! Hurry up now we have to get to the dance. In what seemed like seconds the three were at the dance and through the front doors. To their surprise up on stage was Icuris and his band, “The Right I’s”. They were just getting ready to play, as Kei and the Tri-lions took there seats against the wall. “Good evenin’ everywahn..” Icuris said is his best English accent. “I bet yor wondrin’ why I’m talking like this, Well to ahnsah that question we’re going to be coverin’ a song from the U.K. Its called Tuulips..”

Author’s note: No, I’m not making fun of the English accent, I believe that’s the best accent to have if you have an accent. And yes ‘Tulips’ is a real song written and played by Bloc Party. I take no responsibility for the lyrics or any other part of this song. However if you wish to hear it follow this link: http://www.ezarchive.com/blocparty/AlbumSpace/LSGLSJ4WW/13-Tulips.mp3

With that the drummer began his beat, A symbol roll and in came Icuris, the second guitar and bass.

When you said tulips
I knew that you're mine
When
I caught you there
Crying in the night
Wearing my
jacket
Wearing that smile
I knew that I'd found
you

This could be an opportunity

Were you
unawares
Did it catch you out?
Or did it break you
in
Right from the start
It's as pure as fire
It's as pure as snow
I knew that I'd found
you

This could be an opportunity
If you promise
to let it grow

'Cos you're the one I
love

“Do you see that, He was staring straight at Jenn!” Kei shook her head and looked about sporadically “What?” She had gone in to a daze about who knows what while listening to the song. She looked over to two huskies chatting beside her “Yeah, she was starring right back at him, Total chemistry” “I can see it now in few years they’ll be getting married, Icuris and Jenn. A strange but cute couple” Kei looked to the ground in sorrow. The slow dance music began to play. Kei sighed hevaily. Jenn had him it was just a matter of him asking the question.. “Will you dance with me?” Kei’s eyes widened. She looked up to see Icuris hold a paw out to her. “Kei?” Icuris smiled. She blushed slightly and smiled softly the way she always did behind his back. She placed her paw in his and rose from her chair, the smile glued to her lips. Together they moved slowly onto the dance floor, the room dimming. They stopped and turned to each other. Kei put her arms around Icuris’s neck as he put his around her waist they both rested their heads on one another’s shoulder and swayed with the music. “Kei...” Icuris murmured “Yes?” “You should smile like that more often...” She exhaled a silent giggle and murred lightly. They span in silence for while not noticing the other dancers who'd began forming a circle around the them, watching with best wishes in their hearts. The blue tinted spotlight slowly moved on them. They were the focus of the dance now, the oblivious focus. Kei’s eyes were closed her grip on Icuris’s neck lovingly strong as was his on her waist. “Kei...” Icuris whispered “Hm?” she replied, her eyes still closed. “If I said I’d stay with you forever...would you do the same?” They slowed the spin until they stopped completely. The both looked at each other for a while in silence before Kei whispered “Forever.” With that their muzzle tips met in a kiss. Clapping, Tulips softly fading in...This was love wasn’t it?

Fairy-tales may not be real, but happy endings do exsist.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:32 pm
I just wrote this in my book about 20 minutes ago. I don't know why.... but I think I need to post it.

Quote:
It's a funny thing about life, when it gets you down, you complain like nothing else, behaving emo in front of good friends, behaving like it's not happening to anyone else. Is there really purpose to life? Some days I think there is a purpose, most of the time though, I feel that there is none. It seems life can only get worse, not better. Sure, there are times where it seems life is getting better, but that is mearly an illusion, because, like a rollarcoaster, after a time of going up, you're going to go down very quickly. Depression hits quickly, most of the time, bringing thoughts of suidcide. Sometimes it is possible to escape from depression's clutches, sometimes it is not. Sometimes we need help to escape, sometimes we don't. But even if we need help, we can't get it. There are a lot of factors for this. For me, personally, the only help I can get is from my friends, but sometimes I feel it is wrong to trouble them with my woes. They have lives of their own, most of them are happy with theirs, some aren't. Why should I drag others down with my personal problems? It's not their problem, they should not have to pay for something I can't handle. It seems it is getting worse, life has to stop at one point or another... but I fear death. I want to live, I know that, but I don't want to live like this. No one deserves to suffer. But then again, I think I deserve to, I mean, what am I doing to try to prevent it? I'm doing nothing, just wasting time, not talking, when I could be solving my issues, but I'm here. But I know one thing. I'm not alone. All it takes is time, but I don't know how long that is.

-Crenn

Crenn

Xayvien

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:05 pm
These are poems from the Novel I'm about to have published:

Quote:
I could not keep my eyes from sleep. They pulled at the shades of my reason, drawing me, screaming, into the abyss.

If only death himself would come to me. Free me of the horror. Beasts of Iron, burning, crushing. Throwing fire from the air.

One hundred thousand ways they have to kill and still it's not enough, to satisfy.

Every time I sleep, I die. To live again...

In another eye.

Oh, to the Gods I pray, pluck them out! This waking nightmare will not stop.

All of man is gone I see, nothing but the cruelty!

They justify, their hatred? They are the chosen ones.

Chosen to murder, chosen to slaughter.

Consuming every man and woman, son and daughter.

They fly, and ride on wheels of steel, they cannot see things are real.

They learn and grow, for just one reason to better kill another season.

It is me, I see....

Oh, God it is in me!

We've given here to evil, a name. Spatius, Hitler it's all the same. I hear him in me.

Screaming, crying, camps of death, take away my very breath.

I live in this torment so I can see, the terror that lives inside of me, and kill it.

Rebus, hear me! Or you may see, such horrors in your history.

Unless, the children set you free, the children of Armendus.

Look to your soul's and you will see, the power there to let it be. The answer is the question.

They strive against each other, because they cannot see, that without the one, how could the other be.

From, The Apostate, The Holy Law,
The Prophet, Cialmar.

(C) Skyler .H.

Quote:
Most curious of all creation,
Giving knowledge for the nation.
Living, growing Oracle,
not, simply historical.

Not gone. Changed.

A song of beauty, do I hear,
whispered gently in one ear.
Calling out the charity,
student of my mind is she.

This singer in my soul.

Another melody now plays,
showing me some other ways.
Playing back, my own desires,
a song of lustful, raging fires.

To me this siren calls.

For the answer, they look here,
the singers in my mind, the Sphere.
I cannot answer either call,
the question does encompass all.

Of me and more.

These two songs will be complete,
when Spatius and Armendus meet.
Until then, they will play on,
each one a different song.

Until, the answer sing.

(C) Skyler .H.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:46 pm
When I was in the hospital..I found that writing really helped me. Mostly just rambled, but here goes.

4-23-03

It was a rude awakening as she woke at 7:30am that morning, receiving only three hours of sleep. She could not yet believe that she'd been put into a "help center". As the day wore on, she realized that she shouldn't be at the place at all. "Suicidal tendencies" aka cutting and deep depression bouts were all they were. They came and went several times a year, sometimes for a week and sometimes for a month, but she always got out of it before. She'd had a plan for suicide before ; it was when she was in freshman year. A damned good plan too. It had everything to go with it, even the suicide notes and the knife was sharpened. But she didn't go through with it. Why? one asks. Because her best-friend Carly needed her and her dog needed her. That day, freshman year is like this day, junior year. She will not go through with it, she's chicken. She doesn't want to be helped by a psychiatrist, she just wants to be left alone. There is nothing to do here, it is all boring. The kids are all right, but she has nothing to say to them. She will endure it for however long it lasts, but one day she would get out....one day  

Rainey_angel81

Crenn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:57 pm
Whee! Yesterday I got my english writing folio draft back and the teacher said she couldn't wait to read the rest! whee Anyway, this is what I have so far!

Untitled

Writing Folio Piece
He rushed through the tree tops, bounding from one tree to another. The bandage on his arm, stained crimson red with his own blood, was dripping slightly, but he ignored it, after all he had to help her before they got to her first. He was clutching a small box, making sure not to drop it as he moved.
She walked peacefully towards the stream, listening to the birds in the trees, looking over her shoulder, making sure no one was following but breathed easily when she saw nothing except the grass and shrubs nd tail.
“Do you want to come up?” he asked innocently
“Only if you promise not to stare at my chest”
He chuckled and replied, “I wasn’t looking there; I was taking in your pretty face.” Sarah blushed softly at these words and whispered back, “I’m sure you were”. Bill reached down with his left arm, offering to hoist her up. She took his hand greatfully and was lifted up into the tree. When Sarah got to her feet and looked at his handsome face. The light brown fur he had matched his hazel eyes, as she looked him up and down, she noticed that his tail was swaying slightly. They stared at each other for a few minutes before she broke the silence.
“I never thought I’d meet someone else with fur and a tail” she said softly.
“Neither did I, but I’m glad it was you. You’re very beautiful.”
Sarah blushed again and then noticed his right arm, still bleeding.
“You’re hurt”
“Yes, I had to remove something from my arm”
He held up the small box he was holding in his hand. It, like his bandage, was stained with blood.
“What is it?”
He sighed softly as he opened the box, revealing a small chip inside.
“It’s a tracking device. You’ve got one too”
Sarah stepped back in disbelief.
“Where? And why?”
Bill shook his head, speaking softly.
“They needed a way to track their 2 experiments, and as for where yours is located, I don’t know, but I’ve had this thing in my arm my entire life.”
Sarah looked at him curiously.
“Let me clean you up first, then we seriously need to talk.”
She jumped down onto the blanket, quickly followed by Bill. She sat down next to the basket, patting the blanket beside her before opening the basket and rummaging through it. Bill sat down beside her, looking at what she was doing.
“What are you looking for?”
“I’m looking for my first aid kit,” she replied, not looking up from what she was doing, “Ah! Here it is”. Sarah pulled out a white plastic box.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:38 pm
He rushed through the tree tops, bounding from one tree to another. The bandage on his arm, stained crimson red with his own blood, was dripping slightly, but he ignored it, after all he had to help her before they got to her first. He was clutching a small box, making sure not to drop it as he moved.
She walked peacefully towards the stream, listening to the birds in the trees, looking over her shoulder, making sure no one was following but breathed easily when she saw nothing except the grass and shrubs swaying in the wind. She placed the basket she was carrying on the ground, happily swaying her tail in the gentle breeze. These were perfect conditions for a first date. She leaned down and opened the basket, pulling out a blanket and lay it on the ground near the stream, sitting down on it and leaning against a tree nearby as she waited for him, looking up at the sky, hoping he was as good as he sounded on the phone.
She reached up and rubbed her arm, a lump there that she seemed to have her entire life. Her mother said it was nothing to worry about, that it would eventually disappear. But the lump hadn’t gone only gotten smaller over the years as she had grown.
She heard something pass overhead, but when she looked up, she saw nothing. Then she heard his voice, “Sarah? Is that you?” Sarah looked around but couldn’t see anything, thinking to herself that maybe he was nervous of her like all the boys in her town.
“Yes, it’s me. Where are you, Bill?” she called out, still looking around for him.
“I’m up here”
She looked up and saw him peering down at her; he had a bandage on his right arm, it seemed to be bleeding. Then she noticed that his eyes seemed to be fixated on her chest.
“HEY!” she yelled out, quickly covering herself up.
Bill blinked and wondered what she was yelling at him about since he was only looking at her pretty face. Sarah’s beautiful green eyes stared up at him as he looked at her white fur and tail.
“Do you want to come up?” he asked innocently
“Only if you promise not to stare at my chest”
He chuckled and replied, “I wasn’t looking there; I was taking in your pretty face.” Sarah blushed softly at these words and whispered back, “I’m sure you were”. Bill reached down with his left arm, offering to hoist her up. She took his hand greatfully and was lifted up into the tree. When Sarah got to her feet and looked at his handsome face. The light brown fur he had matched his hazel eyes, as she looked him up and down, she noticed that his tail was swaying slightly. They stared at each other for a few minutes before she broke the silence.
“I never thought I’d meet someone else with fur and a tail” she said softly.
“Neither did I, but I’m glad it was you. You’re very beautiful.”
Sarah blushed again and then noticed his right arm, still bleeding.
“You’re hurt”
“Yes, I had to remove something from my arm”
He held up the small box he was holding in his hand. It, like his bandage, was stained with blood.
“What is it?”
He sighed softly as he opened the box, revealing a small chip inside.
“It’s a tracking device. You’ve got one too”
Sarah stepped back in disbelief.
“Where? And why?”
Bill shook his head, speaking softly.
“They needed a way to track their 2 experiments, and as for where yours is located, I don’t know, but I’ve had this thing in my arm my entire life.”
Sarah looked at him curiously.
“Let me clean you up first, then we seriously need to talk.”
She jumped down onto the blanket, quickly followed by Bill. She sat down next to the basket, patting the blanket beside her before opening the basket and rummaging through it. Bill sat down beside her, looking at what she was doing.
“What are you looking for?”
“I’m looking for my first aid kit,” she replied, not looking up from what she was doing, “Ah! Here it is”. Sarah pulled out a white plastic box.  

Crenn

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:43 pm
Like I said..punctuation errors, some of the sentences either run on or are awkward to read. Spelling errors, etc. Good start so far  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:28 pm
I'm not fishing for comments on this one. Just wanted to post it.

Hold Me

Holding her back straight, Sophie peered in the mirror to take in her haunted eyes and hollow cheeks. She believed that she looked like Death himself as she shook her head, her lustrous hair floating in ethereal waves to settle on her back. Stepping back away from the mirror, she fixed her too large clothes on her thin body; the large boots flopping around her feet. With a soft sigh, she turned to the door and walked out into the living room.

Matt looked up from the magazine he was perusing, his face lighting up when he took her in. Standing like a gentleman, he put his paw out, capturing her paw in his to bring it up eagerly to his mouth. For a moment, he just held her paw against his cheek, breathing in her scent before her turned his head and brushed his lips across her knuckles.

“Gods…I missed you Sophie,” He breathed deeply, startling her by stepping into her and enveloping her in his embrace.

“M...Matt…” Her voice trailed off. Even her voice was small and weak, but she smiled thinly, wrapping her arms around his body.

Stepping back, his eyes drank her in, starting from her head to her toes. First, he always loved her long, thick hair and even now, he combed his paws through it, bring it up for him to smell. Next, her beautiful face with its sweet roundness and her bright eyes, cute nose--he kissed the tip of it--and full lips, which he kissed thoroughly. His paw caught her chin, lifting it up as his eyes went down, skimming over her curves, his smile deepening as he thought of feeling her softness close to him. Not able to contain himself a moment longer, Matt caught her again and just held her tightly, his muzzle buried deeply into her neck.

Sophie squeaked, standing still for his assessment, knowing what he would see. Too fat, too large…ugly to the point of being disgusting. That was why she thought of herself as too thin, so that it may take the edge off when she saw the disgust in his eyes. Her eyes remained averted to his, not seeing his look of adoration; only flinching when his lips touched her nose and then her own, pulling back. She thought he pitied her, thought that he felt sorry for her or only wanted her as “just a friend”. So she stayed still…and did not react to him.

Matt felt her withdrawal from the start, pulling back to force her to look into his eyes, “Sophie? Are you ok?” He did not know the way she felt about herself, so all he could do was worry over her state of mind.

“No…no…I’m ok, Matt,” Her eyes lifted to his. She finally met his eyes, only to see him laying his soul to her. Her eyes closed, and then opened, feeling herself as she truly was. Her smile deepened, her paws running over her body to feel her body. After knowing that she was her again, she threw her arms around Matt, practically making him fall over.
“Hold me Matt. Just hold me and love me for who I am,” She whispered happily against
His chest.  

Rainey_angel81

Zella L.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:02 pm
To bump this up, think I'll post a little sumtin sumtin. Though I kinda feel this is more of a stream of consiousness with meaning and feeling than something with, like, sentence structure. We'd just read some Shakespeare in English, so I was kind of in a funk to write something that made little sense. If only Angelic Muse were still around!

With face against a wild force
Is not outfelt by nature, thought
A movement fleets of limbs about
To ending point of tire not.

A lead of fame gives promise few
To try until they wish they weren’t
The beast of want boasts victims new
Yet they remain of souls unburnt.

Thought of perfect timing shall
Mean naught without preparing will
So strange be it to do so,
It takes straight from a fading sill