Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Weird Things People Buy..? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RaynieDays

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:46 pm
Over a year after changing my "style" my parents still believe its a phase I'll "grow out of next week". When I go shopping with my mum and I pick something out she tells me that by next week I won't like it anymore. Shes been saying that for the past year. She just doesnt get it and Ive given up trying. Now I let her buy me what she wants and I just take it and turn it into something I like. Enough crappy clothes = something pretty cool.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:55 pm
Haha. That made me lol. I'm really careful with my money...I'm afraid to buy ANYTHING. sweatdrop  

perrenthezombie

perrenthezombie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:58 pm
RaynieDays
Over a year after changing my "style" my parents still believe its a phase I'll "grow out of next week". When I go shopping with my mum and I pick something out she tells me that by next week I won't like it anymore. Shes been saying that for the past year. She just doesnt get it and Ive given up trying. Now I let her buy me what she wants and I just take it and turn it into something I like. Enough crappy clothes = something pretty cool.

My parents are like that. They have sort of a "when you're 25 you'll look back at this and laugh at yourself" attitude. Very annoying.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:07 pm
Ah, in my house.
We all accept eachother for who we are, wether any of us agrees or not.
We just do.

And if it's in the buget, we get it.
Now, me mum loves my clothes and stuff, so she buys me what I like.
Problem is, I have to usually wait, 4-9 months to get anything new again.

And when you have major growth spurts, you learn to respect what you can and can't wear.
So, baggy XXXL shirt(s), and 2X tripp pants are loved by me.
I've owned most of the same clothes for the past year because I've been lucky.
Wow, that was off topic

OH!
I know.
My grandparents, da's side, love to buy me things they now I will never use. Like, this last christmas, they bought me a gray and dark blue hoodie.
I liked the dark blue on, but it didn't fit...
And a year before that, they bought me a wool sweater that was twice my size.
or a year before that, they got me a 50$ gift certificate to American Eagle. Which we didn't even have here in town 3 years ago....
And now, they just scrimp my side of the family on everything. We get barely anything...so, when I go to their house. I make stuff out of their junk biggrin
Recyle, Rebuild, Reuse
My computer moto  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

exoticdelerium

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:37 am
To each their own I suppose.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:52 am
My mom wo`nt let me buy black anymore. So when I`m with her for clothes shopping, I get pants. Then I go back later with friends and get whatever I can afford. Ususally tee shirts.  

The Rose of Demise

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:29 am
choklit_teddi
Earlier today, My mother comes home from work with a bright a** blue chair with pink and yellow flowers on it. She thinks that it would look dahhling in my room and refuses to take no for an answer.

For some reason, she also bought a white, frilly nightgown sort of thing that had pink lace all over it. Now, I don't mind lace really, but the fact that she still hasnt gotten it through her head that I don't wear that kind of stuff bothers me.

She continues buying these things for me which don't go with the way I am. Like shes constantly trying to change me.

Discuss-
the above?
experiences of your own?
Whatever else..

My parents.... like to buy those things you see on TV a lot. One of the odd contraptions they have right now literally turns you partially upsidedown (on an angle) and i supposed to be some sort of exercise thing. I just call it the torture rack.

My parents do like to get me odd things on occasion..... like a bright orange t-shirt with cats on it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:41 am
my mom buys only cool stuff for me actually, but only if she buys something for me, the rest she buys is crap ><  

Gene_Lintuna

Beatngufan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:13 pm
once, I've gotten red hair dye from spencers. Well, it show up when I applied it to my(black)hair evil  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:24 pm
choklit_teddi
Earlier today, My mother comes home from work with a bright a** blue chair with pink and yellow flowers on it. She thinks that it would look dahhling in my room and refuses to take no for an answer.

For some reason, she also bought a white, frilly nightgown sort of thing that had pink lace all over it. Now, I don't mind lace really, but the fact that she still hasnt gotten it through her head that I don't wear that kind of stuff bothers me.

She continues buying these things for me which don't go with the way I am. Like shes constantly trying to change me.

Discuss-
the above?
experiences of your own?
Whatever else..
My mom used to be like that, years ago when I was little and she'd only known me for 7 years. Now she's had 19 years of experience with me. The other day we went shopping -- she was looking for a new suit for work. She looked at one, then I looked at it for a second, and she said, "Do you like that?" and I said, "Not particularily" and she said, "Oh, good, since I do like it..." She also feels rather proud of herself when she picks out an item of clothing that I actually WOULD wear. It's funny.  

ringwraith10

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:01 pm
RaynieDays

me mum's beens saying that for....gee 6 or 7 years now

it gets really depressing  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:59 am
xXNeudachnickXx
My mom trys when we're shopping, but she knows, if I don't like it, it's hopeless, I will NEVER wear it no matter what she says. So she is starting to be more understanding and buying me stuff I like and want.

My mother does the opposite gonk !  

+~Luna.Le.Fay~+

whore27

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:58 pm
that's gotta drive you crazy...lol my mom stopped with all that like about 4 years ago....lol it would piss me off if she still did tho  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:51 pm
My mom doesn't try to change me, because she thinks my style's cute xd  

Funkyblueeyes

RaynieDays

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:19 am
Funkyblueeyes
My mom doesn't try to change me, because she thinks my style's cute xd

Bahaha. You have no style blaugh xd heart heart  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff