Submit

w00t
  GOLD!
View Results

Mz.Wiggles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:25 pm
You bake in the sun.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:26 am
Sunshine is a no-go.. Foggy days and summer nights are lovely for me.
The cat/dog hair is horrible. [along with lint and the little bits of whatever else that wants to cling..] Seems to get everywhere when you least expect or want it..  

Choklit Teddi

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300

Lila Malvae

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:15 am
Solution to summer-goth:
Wear monochrome white with black detail. Lolita stuff looks stunning in white.
I am guilty of wearing the same black tanktop and short, black flowy skirt over and over again.
Go out at night. ^.^
Find a couple nice, simple, black dresses for church. Jazz it up with a couple neat pieces of jewelry if you must.
When all else fails, make your own clothes.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:20 am
Mitsuko Muttosawa
1. My mom freaks out when I wear black all the time as it is.

2. My two yellow labs are shedding like crazy, every season of the year.

3. I got a bleach stain on my favorite pair of black jeans.

4. Mom's forcing me to wear more light clothes...

5. I can't wear my jeans in front of my mom's dad otherwise he thinks that mom's 'raising me wrong.'

6. I live in a country like setting, I stick out like a sore thumb.

7. ALL GOTHS IN OUR YEARBOOK GOT PUT INTO FASHION DON'TS!!!

8. And, I don't go to church cuz of mom's wacko schedual.

9. Lint doesn't bother me, just dog hair. And........... faded black doesn't bother me much.

10. My mom doesn't want me to be associated with 'goths.' And people lable me as a hardcore person and say goths suck... I don't lable myself, I just happen to love black...

:: Shrugs. :: That was kinda mixed up.
sweatdrop 4laugh mrgreen

Oh my... I'm so sorry.  

Lila Malvae

NaneXx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:46 pm
Wow...so many replies lew00t!
Well the reason lint tends to bother me so much is because all my clothes are lint magnets! Everything sticks to them and so they just look really weird...I honestly don't mind faded black jeans and stuff like that, but most of the black things I own are T-shirts...really nice ones, and they'll ust look crappy if they turned grey.
Velvet tends to be a b***h. They are difficult to clean half the time. That's why I don't own much velvety things.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:19 pm
Hah, yeah.
I am soooo glad we got rid of our one cat, Rags.
She had long fur, and was PURE FREAKING WHITE.
UGH...

And she would always lay all over MY clothes, no one elses. Just my stuff, all the time. I could never get all off her fur off...Gwarsh.
Yep...

Um...well. Anymore, I just tell the cat fur to get off of me and it does for some reason....like, I'm an anti-static person..
But dog fur sticks for I hate dogs.

Vile beings of doom.

Um..yeah,
So, pretty much lint for me.
Fading does annoy me, most of the time, but I've gotten used to it....

Anybody have a good detergent for blacks?! It's all I wear..besides white socks(sometimes).

Me mum's favorite color is black, so, I'm fine.
I know what it's like for some people though, most parents HATE me at first, then after they talk to me, they love me...-sigh- Most of them anyway.  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:43 pm
the black and sun thing doesn't bother me: I live in England. We only get about one month's worth of truly hot weather each year and it's spread out (actually, this year is worrying me....it's been way too hot... global warming is wonderful gonk ). I do sometimes get asked what do I do in summer, the answer: melt.

Though, my main problem is that it's hard for me to get a job unless it's somewhere goth orientated, the lack of colour doesn't sit well with employers, depite the fact that I tone it down a lot. I just don't feel right unless I'm in black sweatdrop

For the rare occasions when the black fades I just re-dye them. Not really a big problem.

Lint is. It annoys the hell out of me. Mini lint roller to the rescue! real cheep and protable so even if I get a friend's cat hairs on me I'm fine! Yay!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:24 pm
Haha. Yeah it sucks when you want a job but can't get it because of all the black. I had a dog and cat. They were awesaome little mofos but my dad got rid of them. He never told me where they went... sweatdrop  

NaneXx

FenderSkaface

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:26 pm
The only problems I have is that i like in FL. So yea...But my mom wears a lot of black too and it's really funny, because my stepdad hates it! We will be going out to dinner and we are dressed in all black and he will be wearing a bright colored shirt rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:34 pm
Fenderstratogirl
The only problems I have is that i like in FL. So yea...But my mom wears a lot of black too and it's really funny, because my stepdad hates it! We will be going out to dinner and we are dressed in all black and he will be wearing a bright colored shirt rofl

Hahaha that's funny blaugh  

NaneXx

Oterys

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:04 pm
My problems with black:
1. It gets really, really hot in summer/spring in Tennessee
2. birds love to crap on black clothes
3. My mother calls them Devil-worshipping clothes (WTF?)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:07 pm
Veroneko2
I love black clothes. It's pretty much all I own. But it comes with consequences -.- Also I know that not all Goths wear black. (Sorry if this topic has already been posted)

1. Keeping them perfectly black- practically impossible at times. they always end up fading!

2. Having to use a lint roller everyday- I know not everyone does this but I have to flippin' get the lint off of my clothes so they look good, I guess I have some OCD or something...

3. Not common, but getting bleach on them- By accident someone spilled bleach on my favorite black capris and then they had giant red splotches from where they were hit, I was going to cry

4. Having nothing BUT black to wear in the summer...I feel like I;m going to die sometimes, especially since I go to El Salvador (Super close to the equator)

5. Having to go to church...with family...and grandparents...where the priest stares at you like you're the devil himself

These are just some of the problems that I have had with black clothing. Has anyone else had problems?

El Salvador? how many people can say they've been there? I can and i also wore black there and i had to wear sleeves the whole time to cover my scarifications so i totally get where you're coming from! I live fricken i canada and i fry in black in the summer. i guess that's why i hide from the sun razz  

blink146

NaneXx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:26 pm
blink146
Veroneko2
I love black clothes. It's pretty much all I own. But it comes with consequences -.- Also I know that not all Goths wear black. (Sorry if this topic has already been posted)

1. Keeping them perfectly black- practically impossible at times. they always end up fading!

2. Having to use a lint roller everyday- I know not everyone does this but I have to flippin' get the lint off of my clothes so they look good, I guess I have some OCD or something...

3. Not common, but getting bleach on them- By accident someone spilled bleach on my favorite black capris and then they had giant red splotches from where they were hit, I was going to cry

4. Having nothing BUT black to wear in the summer...I feel like I;m going to die sometimes, especially since I go to El Salvador (Super close to the equator)

5. Having to go to church...with family...and grandparents...where the priest stares at you like you're the devil himself

These are just some of the problems that I have had with black clothing. Has anyone else had problems?

El Salvador? how many people can say they've been there? I can and i also wore black there and i had to wear sleeves the whole time to cover my scarifications so i totally get where you're coming from! I live fricken i canada and i fry in black in the summer. i guess that's why i hide from the sun razz

really? Haha  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:37 pm
Veroneko2
blink146
Veroneko2

really? Haha

yeah, also have you ever tried holding a white rabbit or cat or dog? you end up hairier than the animal!  

blink146

NaneXx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:45 am
blink146
Veroneko2
blink146
Veroneko2

really? Haha

yeah, also have you ever tried holding a white rabbit or cat or dog? you end up hairier than the animal!

Yes yes i have, that day i kept getting fur in my mouth...while at the bookstore after i left the dog!  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff