Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Soppon
Captain

Hilarious Flatterer

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 11:06 pm
Maria, your character's resemblance to Miaka Yuki of Fushigi Yuugi is kind of... uncanny. Name, buns on side of head and the suicidal girl is sort of like Yui. =/ The personalities are different, but I still wanted to point that out.

I'll post a RP sometime when I'm not half comatose.

And I changed the profiles in the first post to a smaller font so as to make the page shorter.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:17 am
Prixy
Maria, your character's resemblance to Miaka Yuki of Fushigi Yuugi is kind of... uncanny. Name, buns on side of head and the suicidal girl is sort of like Yui. =/ The personalities are different, but I still wanted to point that out.

I'll post a RP sometime when I'm not half comatose.

And I changed the profiles in the first post to a smaller font so as to make the page shorter.

I've only read three volumes of Fushigi Yuugi.

Er... Yui was suicidal?

But anyway, you think there aren't much Japanese girls named Miaka? Or that they can't wear buns? TenTen from Naruto; Chibiusa, Sailor Moon, ChibiChib - they also have the same 'do. In short - what's the point of complaining about her name and looks? I prefer using a name which I know that it exists rather than naming my character Sulpice or some other crazy out-of-use name.

Can I still apply for a canon character?  

Daiku Maryu

7,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200

Slash Bandit

4,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:34 pm
Kai, who happened to be staring blankly at himself infront of a glass window for some random shop, had been back to thinking once more. Though it wasn't often he thought of his old acquaintances, it had been happening more frequently.

The last person he had actually seen and talked with was Yuriy, and he disappeared quite a while back.

Everything had changed after that last beybattle 10 years ago. Somethings got better, somethings got worse. Not that Kai really cared.

Wiping a smudge off the window with a small, but somewhat noticeable smile, he continued along down the street. "Who knows," Kai mused to himself aloud.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 11:16 pm
@Maria. I know that you're not petty enough to steal a character, but the resemblance is noticable. Any FY fan would have thought the same. =/ And yes Yui was suicidal for a while. I think she even attempted suicide once but Nakago saved her. *too lazy to look it up* I haven't watched it in a while. Definitely worth the watch though. ninja

---

With a finger looped through the key ring he swung it while he walked. Three keys dangled from it and glinted brilliantly in the sharp sunlight. He was off to the grocers to pick up the meso and rice he needed last night. It drove him mad when he wasn't on top of things but somehow the simple task of grocery shopping got the better of him.

He wouldn't have even spotted him had he not seen the scarf. Accross the street was a familliar stranger. One that was a friend once upon a time. Deciding that catching Kai before he was swallowed by the masses was a necessity Yuriy took a quick sweep of the busy street before darting accross the 4 lanes. No one even had the chance to honk their horns.

After checking his composure he quickly analies the best way in which to approach Kai. Deciding upon the best course, Yuriy came to walk beside Kai. "You still wear that old thing?"  

Soppon
Captain

Hilarious Flatterer

Daiku Maryu

7,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:40 am
OOC: Seeing that nobody is protesting, I shall audition for Boris/Bryan. whee

Audition for Boris:

Boris stared at his glass, wondering what he was doing in such a crowded place. Right, he had been bored...

When he was a child and had too much free time, he would experiment with flies. Check what happened when he ripped one wing, two wings, one leg, two legs and so on. When he was a bit older he didn't have any free time, since he trained beyblading.

Now, when he was an adult he had other things to do. Like going to clubs and stare at drinks. Fascinating. And he even looked out of place. Most people here where ridiculously dressed up - he seemed to be the only human being which wore a simple T-shirt and cargo pants.

Of course he could also stare at somebody else, so he lifted his head and his eyes rested on familar figure. Maybe he wouldn't have so little to do after all. Who said you couldn't experiment with people you know?

A smirk started playing on his pale lips, as he stared planning...  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:47 am
Miaka had never been very interested in betblading, even when it was very popular. And now when there wasn't much in TV about it, she complitely forgot that such a sport existed. Consequently, Yuriy and Kai didn't attract her attention.

What made her stop was what she saw a glimpse of in the shop window. She was pretty sure it was a model-kit of the Zeta Gundam and a really rare one.

Without hesitating, she tapped Yuriy's arm, because she couldn't reach his shoulder and smiled in the best little girl fashion she could muster.

"Could you please move aside?"

OOC: I hope I didn't make anyones eyes bleed...  

Daiku Maryu

7,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200

Kouichi Pendolse

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:37 pm
In the masses, Rei saw two familiar figures, but heading in the opposing direction. His mind was suddenly ripped from nostalgic thoughts that were being raked up as he collided with someone and landed hard on his exposed elbow. A hiss issued from his mouth or at least that's what he thought he'd done.

A slightly stifled yell issued in the crowd and he looked down at his arm. Fairly bad scrape, would need cleaning because this was a filthy street. "Gomen! Gomen!" The stranger said, unenthusiastically. "Bokao." Rei snapped in Chinese.

(Bokao= F. U.)  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:37 pm
"Yuriy," automatically Kai had recognized the voice of the redhead. Shaking his head, he knew Yuriy had been talking about his long-time worn scarf, dangling around his neck. "Yes, I do, as a matter of fact," he remarked, a small bit of sarcasm dripping from his words. Change was never really a thing Kai had easily adapted to, and loosing his scarf just happened to be one of them.

Upon hearing another voice, that of girl, he turned his head to look over at the one politely asking Yuriy to step aside, supposedly to view something through the shop window. He glanced at her for a moment, then through the window seeing if he could find what the girl had wanted to look at.  

Slash Bandit

4,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kouichi Pendolse

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:40 pm
(Nevermind)  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:06 pm
(( Wow. That's pretty odd o_O Posting at the same exact time. [finds it oddly funny] ))  

Slash Bandit

4,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kouichi Pendolse

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 5:31 pm
((You could say so...))  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:57 pm
Yuriy surveyed the scarf with disdain. It was horribly battered. Mended many times over and it's brilliant white was dulled. "Holding fast to the past I see."

When the girl tapped him ont the shoulder he stepped aside mutely. He was about to ask how Kai was when he noted his old friend seemed more interested in the shop window. Annoyed he turned to see what was so interesting and found it to be a hobby shop. Full of model kits... Model kits did not agree with Yuiry in the least. He tried one once. In the end the model had an arm on backwards and stuck to the countertop. He never tried one again.

"Come Kai, let's catch up. You only disappeared four years ago. Surely something must have happened to you."  

Soppon
Captain

Hilarious Flatterer

Daiku Maryu

7,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:46 am
Miaka's keen eyes immediately spotted a few other model kits from various Gundam series. Still, being a student had its disadvantages and one of them was not having much money. She would have to remember this shop for the future...

"I don't believe it!" she suddenly squealed and jumped up. "It's Char and his Sazabi!"

If the two beybladers had looked where she was looking, they might have found it odd that a girl like her - all frills and sugar - was bouncing excitedly after spotting a model of a robot...

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:52 am
Kouichi Pendolse
In the masses, Rei saw two familiar figures, but heading in the opposing direction. His mind was suddenly ripped from nostalgic thoughts that were being raked up as he collided with someone and landed hard on his exposed elbow. A hiss issued from his mouth or at least that's what he thought he'd done.

A slightly stifled yell issued in the crowd and he looked down at his arm. Fairly bad scrape, would need cleaning because this was a filthy street. "Gomen! Gomen!" The stranger said, unenthusiastically. "Bokao." Rei snapped in Chinese.

(Bokao= F. U.)

"What have we here?" Bryan said in an amused voice, as he positioned himself behind Rei. "If you want to insult somebody use a language they understand."

After saying that he sniggered dryly and continued to look down on the Chinese. He didn't feel as amused as he acted, but maybe if that silly boy got more annoyed he would be. Life was boring.  

Daiku Maryu

7,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Citizen 200

Slash Bandit

4,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:47 pm
Kai glanced at his tattered scarf. True. He probably should get a new one, but at the moment he found his old scarf quite comfortable.

Upon hearing the squeal of joy, he turned to glance at the girl bouncing excitedly at who knows what. He raised a brow, then shrugged it off not finding it quite that interesting anymore.

Returning his attention back to Yuriy he shrugged a small bit. "Maybe, maybe not," his thoughts returned to the past, finding some interesting memories and some other, not quite so entertaining ones.  
The Creative Corner

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff