Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Abortion?
  Yes, it should be outlawed.
  No, it's the mother's right.
View Results

Captain John Stamos

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:35 pm
There are only two circumstances in which I would get an abortion.

1. Rape. Although alot of women would be able to still love that child created in hate, I couldn't. It wasn't the baby's fault, but I couldn't go through with that.

2. If the child was to live a very short and painful life. I don't think anyone would want to put their baby through something like that.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:12 pm
I'm just pro-choice on the matter. If you want to destroy a fetus do it, but at least make sure it goes to some place liek stem cell research or something like that.  

Die_Katze

Zanareil

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:29 pm
The reason I don't support abortion; if a person has sex it is their responsibility to take care of a child, as the people that are having sex probably know the consequences. The point of sexual reproduction is stated in its name; sex was originally supposed to be had so they can have a baby to carry on their family bloodline, not for the pleasure. It's sad that most people have sex just for pleasure and abort the fetus right after the female or her mate figures out she's pregnant. It's their fault for having sex, their fault for having a baby.

However, I do support abortion because the woman might have been raped, as the other people before me has said. It wasn't the woman's choice to have had been in sex, so she has the right to see to it she'll remove the fetus or not. Sometimes the parents of the woman or her mate wants the fetus removed, for whatever reason, hopefully a mature reason. I agree with Higher_Than_You, because if a parent isn't ready, the fetus should be killed before it gets killed of other, more painful reasons JUST because the parent(s) isn't ready.

And it is scientifically and metaphorically true that the mother and the fetus are together as one. Although killing a fetus for no reason except for not wanting it for stupid reasons (Gender, genes, disorders, waste of money even if they already have enough, boyfriend) is just plain wrong. Sexual reproduction is mostly choice, and the person agreeing to have sex should know what they're doing to themselves in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:25 am
Ok here is one thing i can't understand at all. Women make the excuse of i'm not ready to take up such a responsibility or i was too young when i got pregnant. Someone even mentioned earlier that their mother got pregnant kinda young and wish she'd had the opportunity to do something about it....So really what your saying is you wish your own mother had had the chance to get rid of you and your siblings? Honestly doesn't that disturb you a little...i mean your pretty much saying if my mom was able to have an abortion then i wouldn't be here at all today. Because then you wouldn't be! I mean if your mother had had the opportunity to get an abortion then more than likely you would have ended up some little cut up fetus thrown away in a garbage can. Any parent who would say "Oh i could have had a career and i could have achieved all my goals but instead i decided to have YOU" makes it sound like your nothing at all.  

Lil Angel Usagi

Tiffadee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:04 am
Mmaky. Well, I've tried to post something many times before with this subject in particular, each time it comes out wrong and lack luster.

So, here it goes.

Everyone saying they are Pro-Life are being hypocrites, even with a good purpose. Stay with me. You are saying that abortion should only be allowed in certain cases. (I, myself, am extremely sensitive to rape victims, don't start with me) I know that under rape cases, you guys are making exceptions. But, one of the issues with the abortion subject is making it fully illegal or not, as far as I know...

So, you either have to make it completely illegal--in which case even the rape victims wouldn't be tolerated--or leave it as it is and legal.

I'm sorry to say this, but you need to make up your minds. You all have excellent points, but not a solid answer. You can't make an allowance for one group and expect the other groups to be fine with it.

I'm fully Pro-Choice. It's a mothers right to do as she wishes with the life she has inside her, and it can be put to good use if she doesn't have the responsiblity or strength to keep it. Stem cell research.

That's all I have to say. Go ahead and flame the hell out of me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:25 am
Oh btw i am against abortions whole heartedly. I've seen how they do it and some of the horror stories i've heard from one of my old teacher whose daughter was an OBGYN or something like that down at LA. One of the stories was a woman was rushed to the hospital where my old teachers daughter worked and what had happened was during the abortion they had punctured her uterus with an 8 inch gash and chunks of the aborted fetus were like floating around outside the uterus near her organs. It made me want to puke...another one was about a woman who had had so many abortions that she would never be able to have kids ever because there was so much scar tissue. I am not lying about these stories either. Thats why i don't like abortion...it causes more harm than good.  

Lil Angel Usagi

Faith Kathryn Winters

Familiar Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:16 am
I'm against it, it's too much like murder. I think it should only be allowed if having the baby would endanger the mother's health.

@Higher_than_you: That's like saying parents should be allowed to murder their children if they can no longer support them or suddenly decide they don't want kids. D:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:55 pm
Higher_Than_You isn't on P-God anymore for unruly behavior and rudeness...

Just to let you know...

Tiffadee

Killu Killaya

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:57 pm
It is purely choice. The government has no right to tell women what they can or cannot do to their bodies. Would I have one? No. Do I support killing? No. Do I think the government has any right to tell me I CAN'T have an abbortion? Absolutely not.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:24 pm
I'm pro-life personally. The following opinion excludes rape kthx.

I believe that if the mother makes the choice to have sex and gets pregnant due to not using contraception of any kind, she does NOT have the right to abort the fetus. It was her fault for her irresponsibility. She can put the baby up for adoption or take care of it. Whether she gets attached or not, it's her choice to keep the child as well, so I think "getting attached to the child" is a stupid excuse.

I have to disagree with Tiffadee though. Nothing is "entirely" illegal. There are lawful exceptions to murderers, and assisted suicide, among other things. For instance, there is another debate going on in this forum about whether people with MR should be able to get the death penalty if the kill someone. At the moment it is illegal, thus an exception to the law. Marijuana is illegal, but they sometimes use it in the medical feild. Another exception

So why would abortion only being available to rape victims be any different? Almost every pro-life person out there will say "No abortion except when it comes to rape." because in basically every other case it is simply a lack of responsibility.  

Polokie

Nufink

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:20 pm
Ponworxz
Well, hello.. Ever thought of the Condom breaking?

Condom doesn't need to break. |:
My nephew, three months old.
Steve was using a condom.
It didn't break.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:19 pm
Abortion should be allowed. To me its disgusting. And I wouldn't do it. I'm against it for myself. Others can do whatever they want. .. Having a child can ruin your life.. But then again. Your killing someone. ;_;  

slaymyheart

higaisha_no_yugure

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:09 am
rikudoll
In my opinion,[and in most cases, excluding rape] the mother made the choice. Therefore, she should have to live with the consequences.
If not, well....I do believe in adoption.
But really, the girl should not go around and not realize there is a risk involved with having sex.

Sometimes, that is not always the case. A girl could be using some form of contraception, but it might be ineffective. Then again, abstinence is key 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:30 pm
I think abortion should be outlawed. It's awful! Although the baby is not yet born it's still somewhat living inside the mother and to kill a child is cruel. I think that having sex has consequences if your not careful and if you get pregnant thats your own fault and you have to deal with that. If your mature enough to have sex than you should be prepared for the possible consequences of your actions.  

Angel of Music

prettikittibaby

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:55 pm
Saka Kazima
Abortion. I just love to bring this up, because then all hell breaks loose. I personally think that it should be outlawed in a vast majority of cases. IF YOU WERE MATURE ENOUHG TO HAVE SEX, YOU SHOULD BE MATURE ENOUGH TO HAVE A CHILD.

In the cases of rape of those detrimental to the mother's health however, abortion should be allowed if it is desired.[/
quote]

I agree with that... however, I'm still not sure. I think that because of the separation of church and state and what not, that the Bible shouldn't have anything to do with what becomes law. *sigh*

I chose the middle "undecided" ground on this one. I think, that you have to defend someone's rights... the issue, is who's rights? The mother's? Or the child's?

And even the Bible says that it's not a person, until the fetus developed blood. *shrug*

Literate Hell

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff