The District Attournies
  The MR activists
  Neither (please explain)
View Results

Nufink

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:11 pm
rikudoll
Exactly, Nufink.
But one the other side of the coin, being mentally handicapped also increases sex drive, which may make some driven to rape. Not saying it's right AT ALL, but that may be somewhat to blame.

Being a teen also increases the sex drive.
I'm not stalking and raping, am I? Even though I am horny AS HELL.
><;;

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:13 pm
Nufink
rikudoll
Exactly, Nufink.
But one the other side of the coin, being mentally handicapped also increases sex drive, which may make some driven to rape. Not saying it's right AT ALL, but that may be somewhat to blame.

><;;
But their sex drive is increased moreso than a teen. And being a mentally handicapped teen...well...  

[.Riku.Diku.]

Nufink

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:52 pm
rikudoll
Nufink
rikudoll
Exactly, Nufink.

><;;
But their sex drive is increased moreso than a teen. And being a mentally handicapped teen...well...

Still...I don't think it's bad enough that they have to friggin rape. |:  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:31 pm
I never said it was right. In fact, It's horrible.
Just stating some facts. I happen to believe a criminal is a criminal. Punishment should see fit for the crime, no matter the state of the criminal.

[.Riku.Diku.]

higaisha_no_yugure

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:37 am
rikudoll
Depends on how much their minds are impaired. In my opinion, if they do the sort of thing Oni has just stated, more than once, they should be locked up. All are equal under the law, no matter what. A crime is a crime. A victim is a victim. A criminal is a criminal.

I heartily agree 3nodding .  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:17 am
im against death penalty whatever your mental state may be,or whatever crime you may have commited.  

moonlight34

8,600 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100

ElectricSexInYourPants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:42 pm
Ponworxz
The mentally handicapped are people too.
im proof of that!! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:55 am
I think the death penalty is only suitable for mass muderers, and terrorists.  

Krimson Kandy

SearaSyte

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:16 pm
An inetersting topic to debate upon, but i would recommend defining the terms that the death penalty apply to, as it also influences how we as people percieve this...err problem?

Ah, well.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:09 am
There shouldn't be ANY death penalty, imo.

As for MR people, if they are a danger to those around them, they need to be removed from those around them. Obviously. Just because he "doesn't know any better" doesn't mean that it is OK to put people at risk. I am not saying that they should jail him, but certainly take him to a hospital where he can get the care he needs and won't be a danger.  

Akhakhu

Akhakhu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:13 am
amelia459
I think the death penalty is only suitable for mass muderers, and terrorists.

Did you know that my mother was put on the "possible terrorist" list?

Wanna know why?

Because she flew to Cuba on vacation. That's right. When she came back, she received notification that she would not be allowed to board a plan for the next year while "under investigation." We believe that they are tapping our phone calls.

The US government is using the term "terrorist" in much the same way as older siblings might use the term "boogeyman." They are keeping us so afraid of this monstrous "other" that we are complacent and don't mind having our rights taken away.

Did you know that the people in Guantanamo Bay have been there for YEARS without trial? They are being tortured and kept imprisonned for something many are quite probably innocent of and receiving NO TRIAL because, according to the Bush administration "terrorists don't deserve the rights of ordinary citizens." Nevermind that in the US, a person is INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

So no, I disagree with you. "Terrorist" is a loaded term and it's impossible to define. If you look at the dictionary definition, then the entire current US government is a terrorist organization. It is used as a mythical magical term that evokes fear but doesn't really actually mean anything.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:44 am
if we excuse people with MR from guilt and responsibility, we make them less than human.

this is a disservice.

if i respect somebody, i do not excuse their actions because of any disability.  

chessiejo

londonchick25

1,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:49 pm
As others above have said. "The mentally handicapped are people too."
So, if they kill or rape or do something that would warrent the death penalty they should be treated like everyone else. If you do the crime, you should do the time.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:45 am
I agree almost completely with what Onigiri said but... isn't death penalty just a little too extreme? I mean they can always just lock him up or send him somewhere where he can't hurt others. I think that what should be changed are the laws that say that MR people shouldn't go to jail not trying to kill them.  

Medy_Senpai

Literate Hell

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces