Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Summer Plans Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

School's out for
  summer!
  ever!
View Results

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:02 pm
firrantello
I be me
damn you americans, its winter here and I went south to visit my mummy for a few weeks so I am freezing my tooshie off.
i like cold weather. you can have my humid weather, i'll take the cold.
TRADE!
*attempts to stuff canberra into the monitor*
and while I am at it you can have my stepfather too.
*really rembering why I moved out of home now*

hmmm
I just might be in the mood to join a swap,
I can get the stuff while I am here in the big smoke.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:05 pm
im gonna start a new cardigan
its white, openwork lace stitch and utterly cute
hopefully i'll finish before th enext decade blaugh  

buttoneyes

sakurachan61123

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:56 pm
I am screwed. My summer is supposed to be spent losing weight, making costumes and working. I have no job so I can't do the other two. I have to go jb hunting after this weekend . . . crying  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:56 pm
sakurachan - i feel your pain. job hunting is evil. I'm doing odd jobs for relitives since everywhere i would be willing to work is 'no longer hireing" and my relitives pay fairly well. Right now i'm at my aunt's house babysitting a sleeping 2 year old.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

KariudoMegami

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:38 pm
Pffffft. I'll trade any of you with cold weather. It's a wonderful excuse to get more knitting/crocheting in. I live in Florida, and it's hot and humid. Ugh, not fun.

Plans for the summer are: Finish that scarf that I've been working on for three years (It's nearly a UFO), work on my embroidery sampler, work on my version of knitty's 'convertable' (I'm crocheting it instaid, it's fishnet fuzziness!), work on a grey scarf of mine, and possibly make a Kyo (fruits basket) -or maybe just a cat?- hat (knittted) based off of the Kitty62 hat, and a pair of fingerless gloves I'm making with bernat's super striper. I think that's it, but I'll prolly see something I want to make.
*shrug*  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:17 pm
Do you have a pattern for the fingerless gloves you're making? I'd be interested (highly interested) in seeing it if it happens to be a free one...... heart  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

LadyAnubis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:41 am
I've been out since May 12, but no vacation for me, noooo...I'm working about 25 hours a week (in the school library, of all places), and I might be getting an actual vacation in for the first time in three years. My free time is knitting and biking, and painting and writing when I can.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:42 am
KariudoMegami
Pffffft. I'll trade any of you with cold weather. It's a wonderful excuse to get more knitting/crocheting in. I live in Florida, and it's hot and humid. Ugh, not fun.

Plans for the summer are: Finish that scarf that I've been working on for three years (It's nearly a UFO), work on my embroidery sampler, work on my version of knitty's 'convertable' (I'm crocheting it instaid, it's fishnet fuzziness!), work on a grey scarf of mine, and possibly make a Kyo (fruits basket) -or maybe just a cat?- hat (knittted) based off of the Kitty62 hat, and a pair of fingerless gloves I'm making with bernat's super striper. I think that's it, but I'll prolly see something I want to make.
*shrug*
Another kniter of cosplay caps!!!!! *glmp* I made a Shigure and a Kumangaro (Gravitation). I've got pics on my tagworld site.  

LadyAnubis

Miyaka-san

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:01 pm
I'm working on a double-knitted afgan for my boyfriend. It looks really cool so far. It's light sage and black.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:46 pm
Miyaka-san
I'm working on a double-knitted afgan for my boyfriend. It looks really cool so far. It's light sage and black.
Sounds awesome...

In other news, my summer plans have EXPLODED and left a new order of buisness...

Sewing doll cloths. Thats it. I don't need to do anything else. I need to give my poor doll lots of cloths. and a bed. she wants a bed. and a chair or two,so she can have a little sitting area in her section of my room. or mayhaps a chair in my room, a chair in my sisters room, and one to wander the house... *contemplates*

My world has exploded and left me with a few things: Dollfie, gaia, and writing.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

KariudoMegami

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:42 pm
Mikono:
I'm not working with a pattern, you don't really need one for fingerless gloves, they're pretty simple. Just a rectangle for the body, and a little triangle to cover up your thumbs a little bit. I'll put them up on the guild when I finish them, when I can get ahold of a digital camra. 3nodding

LadyAnubis:
Actually, I don't knit them -Don't get me wrong, knitting is one of my many textile addictions. It's only a matter of time... xd - and I don't make them too often, because I hand sew them, and it takes a while... I make them out of fleece. I'd check out your tagworld site, but I couldn't find it on your profile, if it is there?
Edit:I take that back, I found it. They're so cute! Did you work with a pattern, or did you make one up?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:44 am
My summer list of projects is huge, and I doubt I'll be able to finish it all, especially since I'm moving next week so I have to pack up much of my supplies and materials.

I have a ton of clothing projects to work on, some character dolls, and a few plushies. The plushies are all being hand-sewn so I get to keep those out and work on them while I'm moving ^^ I'm also planning to make a lot of things for my new appartment, including some floor-cushions, curtains, and a table runner.  

spacekitten

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers