Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

willowtree
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:18 pm
Rowena Marion
Okay, I ran a search, and in the NIV version of the bible, the word "veil" appears 22 times. It is always refered to in one of the following ways:

1) As a Disguise The veil or what is behinde it is not what it seems to be? totally possible with JK.
2)Hiding something terrible Satan using veils to 'ensnare people'. The veil has trapped those who wander through it?
3)Hiding something wonderful from view A veil over a lover's face, a veil of clouds between God and man, etc. What's behind the veil may be even more wonderous than anyone can imagine. What's to say it's bad for Sirius that he fell through it?

Just something to think on.

Those definitly could all possibilities. Oh, no! Now more theories are swimming in my head!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 11:31 am
AyameRoxs
I don't think there's anything behind the veil, I think there's some thing in the veil. Only Luna and Harry could hear the whispers or whatever right? So I'm thinking maybe it's like the Thestral, only the ones who have seen people die can see them, so maybe it's something only Luna and Harry have seen/done that makes them able to hear the whispers or something.

ya but everyone saw sirius dye, so shouldn't they have been able to hear it too??  

hiphopmewmint

ayameroxs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:54 pm
hiphopmewmint
AyameRoxs
I don't think there's anything behind the veil, I think there's some thing in the veil. Only Luna and Harry could hear the whispers or whatever right? So I'm thinking maybe it's like the Thestral, only the ones who have seen people die can see them, so maybe it's something only Luna and Harry have seen/done that makes them able to hear the whispers or something.

ya but everyone saw sirius dye, so shouldn't they have been able to hear it too??

Maybe Sirius wasn't trying to say anything to them like others who have died.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:23 pm
It's just a metaphor for death  

Nuu Kiss

willowtree
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:35 am
Katchan Ikari

I know, but it just seems like there's more, with all the voices and everything. It's still a mystery.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:31 pm
LiamsGirl
the whole veil thing confuses me... xp i really want to know what's behind it!!!

Yeah...and if Sirius is dead or not.  

Allerisse

Fashionable Genius

7,400 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

RubyRays

Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:20 pm
Akali
Alecto
Maybe it will be explained further in the other books.

Or maybe not. . . Perhaps JKR just wants us to think about it as a metaphor for falling into death, or something. . . sweatdrop orrrrr. . . maybe not. Either way, it really hasn't been explained well enough at ALL. A) Why would falling through an archway, even a mysteriously whispering one, result in death? and, more importantly B) Why on earth is the Department of Mysteries studying this? And why do they have such a thing standing in the middle of a bare room, with no warning signs or anything? I mean, suppose some Unspeakable was walking by it and tripped? I'd like to see how they'd put THAT on a death certificate. "Cause of Death: uhhh. . . ninja He fell through a curtain?" stare ...

hahaha  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:15 pm
willowtree
Katchan Ikari

I know, but it just seems like there's more, with all the voices and everything. It's still a mystery.

I agree. The way it was slowly introduced and irritatingly elusive....and then the cause of death soon after discovery. It just feels like there is more to it. I believe that once you go through it you don't come back, by that I mean I don't think Sirius is coming back. But there just has to be more to it.

This could just be me being hopeful though since I found falling through a veil as a mode of death a but anti-climatic. In fact I honestly had the same response as Harry. How on earth could someone die from that?  

non642

willowtree
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:27 pm
I heard that there is supposed to be a more thorough explanation of the veil in the next book, if it's ever released. So, I guess we'll just have to hold on. sad  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:42 am
willowtree
I heard that there is supposed to be a more thorough explanation of the veil in the next book, if it's ever released. So, I guess we'll just have to hold on. sad

i can't wait till the next book comes out. I really want to know more about the veil. It drives me crazy not knowing what's behind it.  

ElvenPrincess

baka_ana19

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:38 pm
OKei..this is probably the wackyiest idea you've heard... my friends and i just made this up.. maybe behind the veil is....

VEIL LAND!!!

Yesh my friends!! Veil land, the most unknown amusement park in the whole world. Once you get in, you can never get out!!

Of course that will NEVER be..  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:58 pm
I just wish that Harry could have taken a little peep or something. The suspense is killing me! sweatdrop

Veil Land, huh? That would be cool. whee  

Allerisse

Fashionable Genius

7,400 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

dragons375

Dapper Capitalist

3,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:28 pm
In Hinduism it is the place where people release their soul, they never return, and they can't be a ghost. My sister is taking a reliogions class in College and she studied that, answer anyones question?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:15 pm
THE VEIL IS A DOORWAY TO DEATH. Sorry, was I the only one to get that? Hmmm.....maybeits just me, but well....that's my opinion....  

Lady_Imrahil

Gracious Reveler

27,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 9 100

RubyRays

Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:14 am
dragons375
In Hinduism it is the place where people release their soul, they never return, and they can't be a ghost. My sister is taking a reliogions class in College and she studied that, answer anyones question?

I was going to post that gonk , oh well, It's true.  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff