Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Weekly Show and/or Tell Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shiny gold
  mmm....
View Results

firrantello

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:05 am
Blue-eyes-green
I'm working on piecing the quilt my grandmother started in like 1935- it's taking forever because I have to hand applique about 25 wheels onto muslin. I can see why it sat unfinished in a trunk for 70 years. Maybe a granddaugter of my will finish it.
I'm also crocheting an afgan when I start going cross-eyed from taking itty bitty stitches.
that actually sounds pretty cool to me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:14 pm
firrantello
Blue-eyes-green
I'm working on piecing the quilt my grandmother started in like 1935- it's taking forever because I have to hand applique about 25 wheels onto muslin. I can see why it sat unfinished in a trunk for 70 years. Maybe a granddaugter of my will finish it.
I'm also crocheting an afgan when I start going cross-eyed from taking itty bitty stitches.
that actually sounds pretty cool to me.

If only I could stand to sew...  

LadyAnubis

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:10 pm
It's really pretty and will be awesome if I ever get in finished, but I can only stand to work on it for about an hour at a time and that only gets about a fifth of a wheel done, so it's taking forever.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:05 pm
Blue-eyes-green
It's really pretty and will be awesome if I ever get in finished, but I can only stand to work on it for about an hour at a time and that only gets about a fifth of a wheel done, so it's taking forever.

Do you have any pictures of how it looks so far? It sounds amazing whee  

[Grendel]

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:07 pm
I'll try to post some... it may take awhile, I've yet to figure out how to get digital photos from the camera onto the computer, let alone how to post things on Gaia. *hangs head in computer illiterate shame*  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:07 am
firrantello
Since I haven't seen one pop up in a few weeks, I'll make one! What are you working on this week?

Sorry about not posting, I'm not intentionally ignoring everyone. I've been fighting with my computer all month and can rarely use the forums if I can get on Gaia at all. It looks like the computer has to go back into the shop because I can't figure out what's going on by myself. I'll be back when I can.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:28 am
I got my dollfie last week, and i got her eyes on saturday. mrgreen I'm hoping to give her a faceup today.

My sister bought me a bunch of barbie patterns, so i'm working on adapting them to fit her. I made her a sundress out of my mom's old blouse's sleeves, and i'm working on making her a yukata, too.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:47 am
are they 12" circulars? i have a pair of those... they hurt my hands. but it could be because they're like US3s and i usually use US8s or US10s. oh well. Written pattern or chart pattern?

No. Check this out.
These circular needles are 8 1/2 inches long!
They're tiny! They are size 8, but they don't have a cord between them, they have a flat piece of plastic to keep you from getting your knitting twisted.
They also featurea a package with absolutely no English language except the brand. They're made by Clover and they hurt my hands to use them so I need more practice.  

Umberella

Rune and Raccoon

Questionable Cutesmasher

12,750 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:04 pm
I am working on my first crochet piece. It is a red "Frida Kahlo" skirt from the Summer Knit.1 magazine. I am only about 1/3 of the way done with it. I am working it up in red cotton (I got Sugar & Cream...the cheap stuff...but it will do).

I finished a cute lil hand purse today. I wish I had a camera to show you guys! I even embroidered a gorgeous middle-eastern flower on it! I didn't have a pattern for the bag...just went with a whim. I am proud it turned out!

I am also trying to put together my first zine! That is a lot of work.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:52 pm
I'm making clothes for Mikono's dollfie, as well. As of this very moment, I'm making a hat - scanned in a poofie hat pattern I had floating around, scaled it down to 1/5, and pulled out some black scrap to make it out of. I've almost got the stitching on the top bit done, then I just have to do the brim and lining. Takes a while cuz I'm hand stitching it with tightly-spaced overcast stitches to prevent fraying (since I didn't want to bother adding seam allowance - the original gets eaten when the pattern is scaled down sweatdrop ). Here's hoping it turns out cute! whee

Also on the plan this week is to hopefully actually sew the purse I designed so I can stop stealing Mikono's all the time, and figure out some motifs to embroider/bead onto the doll clothes I'm making. And make alterations to the pattern for my 18" porcelain doll so I can make her new Victorian dress.  

kamiyra

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:11 am
well my bag is now 99% done!
all I new need to do is get some buttons to sow on it.
...its not as good as it could be...and if I would have put a little forsight into it, it could have look better...but its good enough. 3nodding its me first bag and I like it all just fine.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:24 pm
I'm knitting a pirate flag. pirate

Basically knitting different sized squares/rectangles with different stitches/yarn/needle sizes. When I'm done I'll stitch them all together- hopefully it'll be blanket-sized- and then bleach a skull and crossbones into the middle.

I'm doing this all without a pattern or any idea if it'll even work, but I've found that when I set my mind to a project, it usually comes out... decent at least.  

i-am-upsidedown

blessed.into.extinction

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:12 pm
this week I finished a mini amigurumi banana...
User Image
...and wristwarmers!
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:35 am
Those are both so cute!!!  

LadyAnubis

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:48 am
the banana is so random, I love it!
and the rist warmers are totaly cute.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]