badlittlewashu

Wheezing Treasure-Seeker

7,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:26 am
runs around room waving banner

Stargate 2, Stargate 2 biggrin biggrin biggrin going to be better then the first!!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:22 pm
What do you mean by this?  

Calixto
Crew

badlittlewashu

Wheezing Treasure-Seeker

7,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:10 am
Umm I cant remember where I read it, But one of the actors and the producers were talking about when its all over they are going to make a movie.....Stargate2. Its going to be on the big screens. MGM has already saved webspace for it.

Its like www.stargate2.com...or something. They were supposed to have the movie after 7, but then the show got brought back.

This happened again when they decided on having a season 9. There was going to be a movie after 8, but now we get to wait another season. xd xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:06 pm
Well the movie is a good one just the actors were not as good as the show is now. The actors in the show really made it take off I think at least.  

thecheck2007

kulkulkan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:57 pm
spaceboy_1655
Well the movie is a good one just the actors were not as good as the show is now. The actors in the show really made it take off I think at least.

I'll agree with you there mostly. Kurt Russel could have done a lot better (even taking into consideration the fact that his Jack was horribly depressed and whatnot). But James Spader is still an awesome Daniel, equal to Shanks in my opinion.
A thing to keep in mind about the movie though, it was meant to be a three part movie, not just one, so they were gonna get further into the story and develope the characters more. But then the show happened.
I think it is good that it got tv-affied, as though Emmerich did do a pretty good job with the movie, I don't think there would have been much of a market for the sequel, while the show made the story blast off in ways a movie never could. So Spiffyness all around.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:00 pm
Kopy Kat
Colonel Jack O-Neill
isn't the sg1 o'neill's son named something else than in the movie?... sweatdrop ..i can't really remeber, but ion the show it's charlie...but i sorta thought he was named something else in the movie...or was it the other way around??.. gonk *confuzzled*

Tyler - Charlie

I think that's what it was...

Some have reasoned that Tyler was Charlie's middle name, or is it the otherway around... I forget, but the explanation makes sense to me.  

cherryblossomjen

The First Seraphor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:12 pm
cherryblossomjen
Kopy Kat
Colonel Jack O-Neill
isn't the sg1 o'neill's son named something else than in the movie?... sweatdrop ..i can't really remeber, but ion the show it's charlie...but i sorta thought he was named something else in the movie...or was it the other way around??.. gonk *confuzzled*

Tyler - Charlie

Some have reasoned that Tyler was Charlie's middle name, or is it the otherway around... I forget, but the explanation makes sense to me.
Theyre not the same person, the O' Neil in the movie only had one L.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:27 am
Seraphor
cherryblossomjen
Kopy Kat
Colonel Jack O-Neill

Tyler - Charlie

Theyre not the same person, the O' Neil in the movie only had one L.

There is some agrument around that. They have to be the same person, otherwise the plot does not work at ALL, but Jack in the TV series hints a lot that they are different "Two L's, there is another Jack O'Neil around here, and he has no sense of humor whatsoever"(basically it, not exact quote).
So, poop.  

kulkulkan

h4mx0r

Distinct Capitalist

1,950 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:43 pm
I thought the Tyler was his son... cuz it was in his son's room... right? (I just bought the DVD today in used condition. The special features was scratched gonk )  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:43 pm
h4mx0r
I thought the Tyler was his son... cuz it was in his son's room... right? (I just bought the DVD today in used condition. The special features was scratched gonk )

Yes, it's true that on the award his name is Tyler. But fans have deducted that Tyler may be Charlie's middle name. smile Charlie Tyler O'neil.

Oh and too bad about the dvd. I would've been so mad!  

cherryblossomjen

cherryblossomjen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:03 pm
kulkulkan

There is some agrument around that. They have to be the same person, otherwise the plot does not work at ALL, but Jack in the TV series hints a lot that they are different "Two L's, there is another Jack O'Neil around here, and he has no sense of humor whatsoever"(basically it, not exact quote).

You make an excellent point, kulkulkan. Of course they're the same person. I'm pretty sure the only reason they have the different spelling has to do with copyright issues. Isn't that the same reason they changed the spelling of Shau'ri (movie) to Sha're (show)?

I know that the people who originally created the movie weren't very happy with the direction the show took the Stargate story. I think the subtle differences (in things like the names) have to do with legal issues involving the creators of the original movie and such.

isn't that the reason they could only have Jack and Daniel in the pilot for Atlantis? Because they were the only characters from the original movie? I thought I remember reasing that somewhere... CHaracter's that originated with the show (and not the movie, like Sam and Teal'c) could guest star in later episodes, but for the pilot only the original movie characters were allowed.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:47 pm
cherryblossomjen
kulkulkan

You make an excellent point, kulkulkan. Of course they're the same person. I'm pretty sure the only reason they have the different spelling has to do with copyright issues. Isn't that the same reason they changed the spelling of Shau'ri (movie) to Sha're (show)?

I know that the people who originally created the movie weren't very happy with the direction the show took the Stargate story. I think the subtle differences (in things like the names) have to do with legal issues involving the creators of the original movie and such.

isn't that the reason they could only have Jack and Daniel in the pilot for Atlantis? Because they were the only characters from the original movie? I thought I remember reasing that somewhere... CHaracter's that originated with the show (and not the movie, like Sam and Teal'c) could guest star in later episodes, but for the pilot only the original movie characters were allowed.

Huh, I did not know about that last part, but it does explain some things.  

kulkulkan

cherryblossomjen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:09 pm
I found a snipet of the article where I learned that from:

"Carter and Teal'c are not going to be in the season premiere of Atlantis, and that I think has to do with legalities of the fact that our characters were created specifically for Stargate SG-1, and to carry us over into Atlantis would mean, I think, would mean bank-rolling one of the creators, you know, because our characters would help establish Atlantis. Rick and Michael, however -- their characters were already in the movie. So, from what I understand, Chris and I will be in Atlantis later on, but we can't be in the show that actually launches it." (Actress Amanda Tapping, in an interview with GateWorld)

see: here for more.  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 2:45 pm
That makes lots of sense. I think the whole name changing is also kind of an 'inside joke'.  

WolfeShade

Ubia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:24 am
Nope. I'm pretty sure it's a copyright thing.  
The Stargate Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff