Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Characters
Why Roy is NOT I repeat NOT!!!! better than Marth!!!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Phantom_Renegade

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:20 pm
Woof_BlackHayate
No offense, but I think some people take this game a bit too seriously. I just play for fun sweatdrop

thast cool, but Arc here is just trying to show and has already proven that marth is better than roy, and im just an angry person  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:56 pm
Phantom_Sephiroth
i guess in the overall analysis Marth has the advantage, but i believe i can beat alot of marth players with Roy.
(say 2 people whos characters are any1 ,but roy and marth decide to pic them for the first time-they kno how to play,just never picked roy or marth-
i think roy would win)

There's absolutely no reason you shouldn't be able to beat alot of Marth players with Roy. But your anti-thesis is that you're implying that the majority of people you're playing are scrubs.

In the end, you may be able to defeat alot of Marth's with Roy, but there'll be even more Marth players that can beat Roy with relative ease.  

ArcVyse

ArcVyse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:00 pm
Woof_BlackHayate
No offense, but I think some people take this game a bit too seriously. I just play for fun sweatdrop

You tend to take this game seriously when you play at a professional level.

It's good that you can play this game just for fun, it's a testament to what this game and gaming in general strives to achieve.

SephirothKen takes this game seriously because he earns $100,000 annually playing it professionally.

Unfortunately, Ken is very much a battered Veteran, many times he can be quoted saying he only plays for the money now.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:59 pm
Arc Angel Gabriel
Phantom_Sephiroth
i guess in the overall analysis Marth has the advantage, but i believe i can beat alot of marth players with Roy.
(say 2 people whos characters are any1 ,but roy and marth decide to pic them for the first time-they kno how to play,just never picked roy or marth-
i think roy would win)

There's absolutely no reason you shouldn't be able to beat alot of Marth players with Roy. But your anti-thesis is that you're implying that the majority of people you're playing are scrubs.

In the end, you may be able to defeat alot of Marth's with Roy, but there'll be even more Marth players that can beat Roy with relative ease.

ha! that is kind of a clever way to put it, but no i don't play agianst scrubs.

i beat Really good marths too.. but not because im saying roy is better or anything, im just better -i think that some of the best marth player(Not sephiroth thoe) could still lose to a roy.  

RedPhantomCloud

ArcVyse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:53 pm
Phantom_Sephiroth
Arc Angel Gabriel
Phantom_Sephiroth
i think roy would win)

ha! that is kind of a clever way to put it, but no i don't play agianst scrubs.

i beat Really good marths too.. but not because im saying roy is better or anything, im just better -i think that some of the best marth player(Not sephiroth thoe) could still lose to a roy.

Of course, but I'm just saying the reverse is more likely.

Let's not forget it was SephirothKen that trained NEO, the world's best Roy player.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:26 pm
Yess it takes away my enthusiasum(Bleh) when im reminded of that..
i am sad now.. sad  

RedPhantomCloud

ArcVyse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:46 pm
Phantom_Sephiroth
Yess it takes away my enthusiasum(Bleh) when im reminded of that..
i am sad now.. sad

Ken's got a decent Roy too.

(When I say decent, I mean decent for the best player in the world)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:35 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Really, what makes the character so good is the combination
of its setup and the person behind the controller playing that character. o__o;

A n g e l`

Reaper1120

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:24 pm
ya i use roy cuz i can make him work ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:43 pm
ArcVyse
Roy is dubbed by the professional community as a n00b character simply because so many people believe he is:

1. Actually any good - Because the truth is quite the opposite, Roy is actually extremely average and only in the hands of NEO, the world's best Roy player, would a Roy ever come close to winning a large scale tournament.

It should also be noted that NEO wouldn't be as good as he would be today without the tutelage of SephirothKen, the world's BEST PLAYER, who uses Marth, I repeat MARTH! as his main character.

2. The second reason advanced players see Roy as a n00b character is that so many people believe he is better than Marth, because overall Marth is in fact better by far.

If you want proof...

PROOF: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4300975011074561942

A video showing you why Marth is ranked the 3rd best character under Fox who is 2nd and Sheik who is THE BEST in the game.

It should also be noted that Roy is ranked somewhere around 14th.

Before ANYONE may reply to this thread, you WILL watch the video on google video, otherwise you will forever remain in ignorance and a n00b.

....wow....you ARE a dumbass. it doesn't matter if others say he's better or worse because of looking at an overall rating. it depends on if YOUR good with him, not other people.  

J-PiPe

Phantom_Renegade

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:19 am
^ YAY NOOBS

he is comparing the stats of each character not the players skill and the tier list that he is talking about also compares each characters pwning ability, adn ranks them into different tier groups

and statistically, marth is far superior than roy is

(why and i even arguing, it just makes me look noobish)  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:50 pm
******** it. it doesn't matter anyway. i know i'm better with roy than marth and i know i've beaten plenty of marth players with him before and that's what matters to me.  

J-PiPe

ArcVyse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:25 am
J-PiPe

Okay.

Now tell me, did these Marth players Wavedash, dashdance, SHDF, SHUFFL, Air juggle or Chain Throw?

We are looking at the maximum potential of both characters, and in the end Marth is way better than Roy.

My skill with both characters is probably even at the moment, but Marth is more capable of defeating other characters than Roy.

In fact, out of every character in SSBM, Marth is the only character I have trouble with.

Download some Ken SSBM matches, you'll see why Ken is King with Marth  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:02 pm
Everyone has there own points.. but even you "HIGH level players" or NON-Noobz(cause everyone else to you is)
should know that statisticly marth is better, but it is possible for a Pichu to beat Marth and Fox at the same time k?

so you can't say roy sucks or marth is godly. only that marth has better stats than roy.
not to mention all theese wannabee a** differences any idiot knows they are essentially the same mrgreen

so the point of the stroy is.

in stats/potential marth is better than roy, no where near unbeatable.
as well as
Roy CAN beat marth. dramallama  

RedPhantomCloud

J-PiPe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:12 pm
ArcVyse
J-PiPe

Okay.

Now tell me, did these Marth players Wavedash, dashdance, SHDF, SHUFFL, Air juggle or Chain Throw?

We are looking at the maximum potential of both characters, and in the end Marth is way better than Roy.

My skill with both characters is probably even at the moment, but Marth is more capable of defeating other characters than Roy.

In fact, out of every character in SSBM, Marth is the only character I have trouble with.

Download some Ken SSBM matches, you'll see why Ken is King with Marth
i don't care if some guy named Ken can do whatever. i know i'm good with Roy so i think Roys good and i'm worse with Marth than him so i think he's bad. i don't care about how good other people are unless i'm fighting them. and by the way, yes we saw the training video quite some time ago having already developed some of those things and already knowing osme of those before they were shown on the video.  
Characters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff