Reply Smash Help
Roy v.s. fox HELP PLZ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LordLuXun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:17 am
You should learn to DC (death cancel). I practiced it for a few hours yesterday and now I can do it almost all the time. Death cancelling will speed up your game by negating all of the lag after laggy attacks such as Link's down air attack or Ness' PK attacks. It can really help against fast characters like Fox and it's one of the only ways to fight against a skilled Fox player. Read this thread for an explanation and some situations you can use it in Death Cancel Thread  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:33 pm
LordLuXun
You should learn to DC (death cancel). I practiced it for a few hours yesterday and now I can do it almost all the time. Death cancelling will speed up your game by negating all of the lag after laggy attacks such as Link's down air attack or Ness' PK attacks. It can really help against fast characters like Fox and it's one of the only ways to fight against a skilled Fox player. Read this thread for an explanation and some situations you can use it in Death Cancel Thread

yeah thats ounds cool, but i prefer to just not se air moves with out alot of lag, because roy's air moves already arent that good  

Phantom_Renegade

LordLuXun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:49 pm
Phantom_Renegade
LordLuXun

yeah thats ounds cool, but i prefer to just not se air moves with out alot of lag, because roy's air moves already arent that good

don't worry about it, it's actually a joke anyway (read the linked thread, some other people didn't realize it's a joke either)  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:10 pm
quite a few good notes. as mentioned before, know fox's moves like the back of your hand. get to the point where you could whoop the a** out of any char(4x), lv 9 with fox. then, learn to read your cousin's moves. also, note how long it takes your cousin to react to what you do to a situation, and what s/he does in reaction. also, it's very helpful to know how long it takes an attack to charge, or to power up, and the size of it (Samus' charged cannon, for exaple), as well as the range and damage capabilities. i'd suggest fighting a computer before your cousin for the first time, though.  

Honoo no Inu TaiYoukai

LordLuXun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:22 pm
InuYashanoTaisho
quite a few good notes. as mentioned before, know fox's moves like the back of your hand. get to the point where you could whoop the a** out of any char(4x), lv 9 with fox. then, learn to read your cousin's moves. also, note how long it takes your cousin to react to what you do to a situation, and what s/he does in reaction. also, it's very helpful to know how long it takes an attack to charge, or to power up, and the size of it (Samus' charged cannon, for exaple), as well as the range and damage capabilities. i'd suggest fighting a computer before your cousin for the first time, though.

no, don't fight computers as practice, especially lv 9's. fighting lv 9's on a regular basis will actually make you WORSE. Why? lv 9's have inhuman timing on everything they do, sush as power shielding. They will also fall into any trap you set for them. After fighting lv 9's a while, you will learn their counter for everything they do and you will instinctively try to take advantage of it or dodge it. It doesn't work against any human wink  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:39 pm
Phantom_Renegade
saito0902
Phantom_Renegade
hey i really need some help, i play as Roy and i have so much trouble aganst my friend who plays as fox, he is much faster than me, and lately hes been owning me , so i need a little help

you know that roy can have a great effect on fox i mean ever tried just pressing b up while hes jumping and doge when hes doin the speed thing on you

or you could try your dtilt(hold down and press b, not a smash), it sends fox and falco right up in front of you, perfect for a fsmash, or if enough damage a upsmash to fasmash, i casn constantly kill fox and falcos with this in about 5-7hits

thats true but your friend can catch on to that  

saito0902

Phantom_Renegade

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:53 am
yeah i know this, but i have all the mind games down, so he really cant tell what im going to do anymore, because there are just so many ways for roy to take advantage of fast fallers, now the floaty characters, thats something that roy has trouble with, oh dear god he has so much trouble with them, its insane  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:31 am
LordLuXun
InuYashanoTaisho

no, don't fight computers as practice, especially lv 9's. fighting lv 9's on a regular basis will actually make you WORSE. Why? lv 9's have inhuman timing on everything they do, sush as power shielding. They will also fall into any trap you set for them. After fighting lv 9's a while, you will learn their counter for everything they do and you will instinctively try to take advantage of it or dodge it. It doesn't work against any human wink

all that i'm implying is to take time to get used to the range of the opposing character's attack range. i know lv.9's have a computer controling them, giving them a faster reaction time than a human could input, and too fast for the controler to input the data if the player could react.  

Honoo no Inu TaiYoukai

Bossman Joe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:26 pm
What I like to do is make that sucker use one of his fancy pants fast moves, then stick it to him by using Bdown. pirate  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:49 am
Inu No Taisho666
LordLuXun
InuYashanoTaisho

all that i'm implying is to take time to get used to the range of the opposing character's attack range. i know lv.9's have a computer controling them, giving them a faster reaction time than a human could input, and too fast for the controler to input the data if the player could react.
yeah and just set the weapons off so the computers can't walk in to a trap it's a lot harder then you think  

Jai Motsokawa Lockheart

Gay Bolg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:33 pm
try to play as the fox and learn how he fights and stuff u will learn all his moves and u will know his weknesses and u will be able to use the weknesses with roy 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:48 pm
roy pwns fox  

jocef

Phantom_Renegade

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:49 am
jocef
roy pwns fox

i hate to say it, but its actually the other way around buddy, unless the roy player has really good mind games, or is just better than the fox player, roy has a very little chance of winning  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:07 pm
i dont have any advice except for sucker punches and rolling with R or L.  

tennispro317

Phantom_Renegade

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:14 pm
tennispro317
i dont have any advice except for sucker punches and rolling with R or L.

yes, except that can get really predictable  
Smash Help

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces