Reply Neopia Central
Does Anyone Like Marapets? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EBthePurple

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:23 pm
The graphics arn't that great. Thats all I have to say.

So what if they are a knock off or not. Why do you care?

Everyone is had there own opinion and we should all respect them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:38 pm
Nah... I like how Neopets is layed out... not saying other pet sites are layed out terribly or anything... I'm just much more used to Neopets smile I think I tried power pets once... Too realistic...  

[ eLLen ]

Sylvia Griffin

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:45 pm
I made an account, but everything just seemed so much like Neo, and OIcouldn't figure out teh site so I'm sticking to what I know and standing by Neopets. I just don't see the point in the effort.

And while we're talking about other pet sites, what;s with this oen site called 'monopets'? They have had this thing on their front page for, like, six months that says 'we will be open in a few days'. But it looks really animeishly-cute and I'd like to see it, but they aren't opening it...I don't get it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:25 pm
Haha, I to have noticed that on Monopets/ neutral  

ilovemycat5

Starlight Path

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:49 am
I checked it out and I am sticking with neopets its much better  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:20 pm
marapets is pathetic.  

PrettyHeart

amandahoughton

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:29 am
i think marapets is alright but if i did both neo, mara, and gaia my time would be way spread out so i am on neo most of the time although mara is quite fun once you get the hang of it  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:31 am
PrettyHeart
marapets is pathetic.

its not pathetic. just new. neopets wasnt that great when it first came out either. i acutally like how their portal (same as neopets lab ray) is FREE and you dont have to spend a lot of points on it.  

amandahoughton

TurtIe Tracks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:16 pm
It looks ok, but the pets look like they were drawn by an eleven-year old :/  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:38 am
It's way better than Gaia.  

ilovemycat5

Sylvia Griffin

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:10 pm
But I DO like Subeta. It PWNS. Subeta has awesome art and it's a bit easier to get the hang of.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:00 am
ilovemycat5
I do! My username is demon-kat7. If you haven't joined, click the link
on my siggy. 4laugh
Note: If this is breaking the rules, you can delete it.

i tried that awhile ago,then let my accoutn just die out to addicted to neopets.  

[GS] Sailor Mau

Lord Serene

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:52 am
ilovemycat5
How is it a copy of Neopets? And in my opinion, it is better than Neopets.
There are over 3,000 petsites out there-If you think Neopets is the only
one, then screw you. By saying it 'copied' your acting like a little kid
and making very, very bad first impresions. sad

Ok so Marapets. I joined Marapets when it still had a population of around 2000 people playing it. I was playing it with a friend from my Neopets guild. So it might just be what I saw back then, but I dislike the game. The links were broken, the games were not original, and it seemed like a poor attempt to get to where Neopets was at. Yes I know there are many sites for Virtual Pets, but none are anywhere near as big as Neo. Neo gets a good income of money, and because of that you know it is going stay a quality site.

Besides the broken links, what I disliked about Marapets.
The fact that it had so many adds, yes I knows that Neopets had gotten more adds over the years, but not so much that it blurred the page out for adds. Also the World had that city that was covered in polution. The pets did not seem that cool, and having so many, I don't know how many it was, but it was more than 4 made the pets seem less special. Also their layout was almost the exact same as Neo when I played. Except for the Greenish color, the sidebar was almost exactly the same.

I am not saying they copied Neopets, but they had too many similarities. The world had many cities that reminded me of Neopian Cities. Also, my 12 year old sister could have drawn better graphics. I am actually trying to figure out what pet I owned. But I am sure it died, since you know, pets could die on you. That was not cool at all. What if wanted to take a break and come back later to play... Then I did try to come back later to see how the community was doing, my account was deleted.

Found it, I had a Fasoro. It was and from what I see, is the only pet they put effort into drawing. No matter how good Marapets becomes, my bad history with it will haunt me forever. So I chose to stay with Neopets.

Both me and my friend from my Neo Guild decided that the game was crap. He doesn't play Neopets as much anymore due to limited computer time, so why should people bother to play with Mara if they have limited time.

Sure I have a problem with the Account Restoration Team of Neopets, but I am good with the rest of TNT. And if you say something negative towards me I hope you know that you would sound childish. I recognize that you have your reasons for liking Marapets, and so I respect your decision. By calling someone childish, you are not recognizing the fact that people can have their own opinions for liking Neopets better. Such as if they think Mara copied Neopets. Since Marapets did come out years after Neopets.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:53 pm
Its copying Neopets. And the art is really, really bad. No one can deny that its copying Neopets. I frown down upon that website.

I bet the owner of the website has a Neopets account. wink

mocha-krazed

Janviarius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:09 pm
I joined Marapets a long time ago.......I didn't bother continue playing because it was too similar to Neopets so to me there's no point in playing with another version of Neopets. Too much of a resposablity. xD  
Neopia Central

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff