Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
"You only dress that way for attention." Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Why do you dress this way?
  I love fashion/clothes
  I want to, it's none of your business
  For attention ^o^
  My friends dress this way
  To express my individuality
  Other
View Results

Ndoki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:24 pm
Personally I'm the only goth I know that wears more color than black. I'd say that's far more original than always going around with a trenchcoat and head to toe in black don't you think?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:29 pm
No one has ever said that to me,and it's not really true.I dress like that because i'm comfortable with dark clothes and i just think that i look good with dark make up etc.

[-Kanna-]

800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100

WeissVicious

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:43 pm
I don't dress in goth clothes, not yet anyways. but don't wanna dress it right now because it will draw in unneeded attention.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:00 pm
Ndoki
Personally I'm the only goth I know that wears more color than black. I'd say that's far more original than always going around with a trenchcoat and head to toe in black don't you think?

Definately. However, black is still a color mainly used in most goth clothing. I sort of have a reputation for only wearing black and white (Of course there are days when I break my reputation). Never just blck, and never just white. It's definately more interesting to see people in more colors, but when I try wearing something colorful, I just don't feel right.

People need to stop focusing on the color so much. I try to get people to focus on the prints on the fabric and the general look of the article. Bright colors sort of take away from that. And even though I hardly ever wear color, I have the respect from most of the female population of my grade because of my clothes.  

Little Miss Lunacy

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:35 pm
In regards to my eyeliner, my art teacher asked me if I had been stabbed by two permenent markers. Cute. xp Actually it is kind of funny. The first time I went all-out (I usually don't dress gothic at school, you understand) with clothing he laughed and said, "Oh look at you wearing all black!"

So I simply love the clothing and the way it looks on people (including myself). Contrary to popular belief, it makes me happy to dress like I am unhappy (according to stereotypes in any case).

My friend Susan is with me on this. Huzzah.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:40 pm
LatinoHeatZero
I don't dress in goth clothes, not yet anyways. but don't wanna dress it right now because it will draw in unneeded attention.

I'm planning to start fresh in all senses of the phrase when I go to my new school. I can see it now...gothic Sarah, boyfriend today and girlfriend tomorrow. mrgreen  

Loki Iago

Anxious Scamp

2aetH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:13 pm
Little Miss Lunacy
I have/had a French teacher who CONSTANTLY said this to me. No matter how I tried to explain to her that that wasn't the case, she would ignore it and convince herself that she knew what she was talking about. She was relentless.

Does it bother you when people say that?
Why do you dress the way you do?

User Image

Are you sure we don't have the same French teacher? Because that's what she always told me. Good thing I've graduated.

Alas, though, I am in Texas, and you are not. Unless she owns a jet that I'm unaware of, they're not the same person.

Perhaps it's a common trait amongst French teachers....or teachers period.

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:22 pm
I get that s**t all the time from my family and a few friends...it really pisses me off stare  

Admiral-Bitter

vCJv

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:03 pm
Yeah I hate it when teachers dont like the way I dress and stuff. Last year I was at school hanging out with some friends when a teacher commented that we looked like we were going to a funeral and that we should stop wearing so much black. But its ok because I also had a science teacher who loved the style. She said she even liked hot topic even though she wouldnt ever wear clothes from there herself.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:20 pm
Little Miss Lunacy, I guess what I was trying to get at is I don't think clothes should matter at all. Goth to me is a personality trait.  

Ndoki

Teh Rainbow Socked Ninjas

Invisible Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:23 am
Pretty much, I wear main black and some kind of graphic on there is some rainbow or something.

That'd be cool.

A top that say, 'I'm not goth. See? I'm a rainbow goth.'

That'd be supafly.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:03 am
I just came up with a great new idea for a t-shirt.

"Real mean wear goth."

Woo! perpetuate the stereotype! rofl  

Ndoki

Little Miss Lunacy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:26 am
SarahArden
In regards to my eyeliner, my art teacher asked me if I had been stabbed by two permenent markers. Cute. xp

That reminds me... People ALWAYS say, "HOMG, What happened to your eyes/hair?!?"

So, if I have colorful and abundant eyeliner, I say, "I got in a fight with a crayon..."

And if they comment on my partially black and white hair, I say, "I burned it."

What's sad is, people believe the second one. sad  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:42 am
My dad used to joke about it with me. I was pretty sure that he sometimes honestly believed that's why I dress the way I do. But I know for the most part he just likes to get me riled up. He's the only one who can do it really well.

But I can honestly say I've never dressed in a certain way to get attention. I've always just worn what I've felt was comfortable and aesthetically pleasing to me.

3nodding

MortSanglant

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:35 am
I was told that once before. I would have disagreed, but i was in a clown suit making balloon animals, and i did not think i could be convincing.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff