Reply The Stargate Guild
What got you started? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Outspoken_geek

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:02 pm
Well, I saw the movie first when I was around . . .10-12 years old? My grandpa had it and I asked him what it was and he told me to watch it. So I did. I sat there and watched it and found myself totally in love with Daniel Jackson and Skara *heart throb*. Anywho, a few years later I saw the episode . . .um . . .what is it called? I could tell you it if it was on now . . .um . . .It was the one where Daniel turned crazy. Mechello got into his brain or something like that? Well, anyways, I LOVED IT! I wanted to wacth it more, but we didn't have cable at the time and it only came on at like midnight. Well, a few years ago we got SAT and I was finally able to see Stargate from the beginning!! I've been watching it for a long time now and feel as if I know the characters inside and out . . .I wish I could meet them in real life. *sighs* But that's a dream that'll never come true. Anywho, I love Atlantis as well . . .my God Sheppard is HOT!! Well, that's my story.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:38 am
SammySue
Just wondering why everyone started watching Stargate SG-1. Did someone else tell you about? Did you like the movie, noticed a TV series, and decided to watch it? Flipping through channels and saw it on? What?

I was up late one fatefule Friday night...and flicked to Showtime and heard a new series was gonna start...and I said heack why not and started to watch...lost touch with it for a bit but now I am back and lovin SG-1 (and Sam) more then ever!  

_Elphie_Thropp_
Crew

badlittlewashu

Wheezing Treasure-Seeker

7,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:16 pm
Well I watched the movie first. Then one night, while I was at a hotel, I found out that one of the movie channels had a show called SG-1. I got to see a couple of episodes and died. I dident get the channel at home so i wanted to cry.

But then, I think a year later, SciFi bought the show. And i have been watching it since the beginning. Even though I will NEVER watch season 6.

No Daniel= No SG-1 crying  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:03 am
BadLittleWashu
Well I watched the movie first. Then one night, while I was at a hotel, I found out that one of the movie channels had a show called SG-1. I got to see a couple of episodes and died. I dident get the channel at home so i wanted to cry.

But then, I think a year later, SciFi bought the show. And i have been watching it since the beginning. Even though I will NEVER watch season 6.

No Daniel= No SG-1 crying

But . . . but Daniel is there! Not every episode but he makes guess appearance in several episodes.  

SammySue
Crew

badlittlewashu

Wheezing Treasure-Seeker

7,850 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:23 pm
crying well even though he did look rather sexy in his little sweater combo. I couldnt stand Jonas. Sg-1 wasent the same with him on the team. The heart and soul of the SGC wasent around.

I really only watched the episodes when Daniel came to help. I think i caught like the four episodes that he was on. I really liked the one where he helped Teal'c. It was cute, how he saidthat he would always be watching over them. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:29 pm
My sister loves Jonas and hates Daniel because she says it's always about Daniel! Daniel, Daniel, Daniel! She hates how Jonas isn't "important" anymore in 7th season because Daniel comes back.  

SammySue
Crew

Miss Minbar

Quotable Conversationalist

8,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:48 pm
I was bored out of my skull 'cause there really isn't anything good on TV. I had this weird idea in my head that SG-1 was dumb, don't ask me how I got that particular prejudice I have no idea. But I was bored so I figured "What the hell, let's watch". My very first episode was "1969" didn't like it much but I kept watching episodes and got hooked. Now I'm totally obsessed with it and own all the box sets biggrin

I only saw the movie a little while ago and realized I had in fact seen parts of it before so I was surprised smile I seriously don't like Kurt Russell as O'Neil (1 L folks...you know what that means? One clue "O'Neill with two Ls...")  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:48 pm
I watched the show since the first episode when I was flipping channels one day and saw it. I fell in love with it! heart When the station that it played on quit playing the show I missed a few eps. After I got the sci fi channel I caught up on the episodes I missed and have seen every episode ever since except in season 6. I watched the eps were MS was a guest star but not the others. Oh, and I love the movie! I watch it every time it comes on tv because I have not seen it anywhere to buy it. sad  

Anarah McKay

SammySue
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:59 pm
Midia
I watched the show since the first episode when I was flipping channels one day and saw it. I fell in love with it! heart When the station that it played on quit playing the show I missed a few eps. After I got the sci fi channel I caught up on the episodes I missed and have seen every episode ever since except in season 6. I watched the eps were MS was a guest star but not the others. Oh, and I love the movie! I watch it every time it comes on tv because I have not seen it anywhere to buy it. sad

I own the Special Edition Stargate movie (DVD). The director's cut shows several different scenes. I also learn that the scene where that animal thing drags Daniel across the desert--well, when the film that, they put a dog underneath the costume and had a doll of Daniel being drag behind it. lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:44 pm
my mom actually told me about it!  

supastar101

Bumbo

Dapper Hunter

1,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:55 am
I watched the movie in theaters and then got it on tape as well. Sometime later I heard that Showtime had picked up the rights for the series. But I was unable to watch because I wasn't paying to get that channel. lol Then it came on in syndication. So I have watched it since the beginning. Then came the Website. To train at the SGC was fun. The original site was a flash walkthrough, but then came the games and the point earning. I became a General before it was shutdown by showtime/mgm. About that time it moved to scifi, so I could watch it everyday. Somewhere along the line I got both mom and dad hooked too hehe. Now if I am home we all watch the new eps together. I found Stargate Alpha through some of my SG-9 crew and started gaining points there, but after not going to the site for several months my account didn't exist, so I joined up in the Command section. I am having fun there and mostly going to train but I do enjoy the PL(Personnel Log) and stuff. I own the movie and the directors cut as well as all the dvd box sets up until season 6. I hope to get season 7 for christmas though lol.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:01 pm
well at first, I was aware of Stargate episodes, and I usually channel surfed past it. But then one day I was watching movies on TV and stargate popped up. I decided it was pretty cool, and then suddenly realized that stargate sg-1 was a series leading from stargate, and I was like AWESOME! I mean, how many shows got aliens and high tech mixed with a little bit of "today". I never liked startrek and all, because I kinda thought "laser versus laser" was dull. But stargate... my shotgun versus whatever alien technologies you use! you get the point. The first episode that got me hooked tho was the replicator episode. Because that was the one where they had the guns. after that, I kept watching and decided that the series was teh coolest tv show evar. yes, evar, not ever. EVAR!  

h4mx0r

Distinct Capitalist

1,950 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150

Orchideae

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:55 am
Hrm, I've never posted, might as well.

I think my dad and sister got me started as they had been watching it for a long time. So one day, I just watched it with them, and then I liked it. I don't know why I did, but it just seemed so awesome and stuff. The new 'Atlantis' season is okay, if it isn't over. I don't really watch much of it, without Daniel and Sam, and the originals, it isn't the same.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:46 am
I learned about it when I was flipping through the channels and saw the movie and that got me hooked but when the show came out it was a lot better in my opinion. That is what happened to me.  

thecheck2007

thecheck2007

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:04 pm
Hey, well I see that know one is talking on this thread and I thought I should try and make it live again lol.  
The Stargate Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff