Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Nintendo Guild
Would Nintendo be as popular if the sega company was still a Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would sega beat nintendo
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
76%
 76%  [ 10 ]
It would be a tie
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Neither would win
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

nintendofanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:37 am
i just wanted to say that if Sega were still around i would not be a fanboy. because Sega, like nintendo seemed to care about making good games. i know they are still aorund but the new games fromt them are...sub-par in my opinion, to say the least.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:56 pm
Heh. At least we have Skies of Arcadia and Phantasy Star Online I & II on the Cube ^_^  

Edymion
Captain

nintendofanboy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:14 am
Edymion
Heh. At least we have Skies of Arcadia and Phantasy Star Online I & II on the Cube ^_^
which i would get if i had any other reason to buy the online adapter.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:19 am
Skies of Arcadia isn't online wink Phantasy Star Online has non-online play, and you can go multi-player.

Sonic Adventure Battle 2 is a decent/good game.  

Edymion
Captain

nintendofanboy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:22 pm
Edymion
Skies of Arcadia isn't online wink Phantasy Star Online has non-online play, and you can go multi-player.

Sonic Adventure Battle 2 is a decent/good game.
yeah, i know but... RE4 first. then a new copy of smash bros. then a VB then a....
and as for the new sonic games, i just can't stand them. i liked the old sonic.
anyway, i think it's interesting that while sega was more badass (or as badass a as an old japanese video game company can be) nintendo was still "cooler".  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:33 pm
confused Sonic Adventure Battle 2 was one of the best rated games in the Dreamcast times...  

Edymion
Captain

THE CAKE IZ A LIE

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:24 pm
Ryumeka
The GameGear may have been the first portable colour system, but it drained alot of battery power. And the DreamCast wasn't really that popular among people.

Some people liked the Dreamcast, but I didn't it was just there and the GameGear drained a lot of battery power it wouldn't last for more than 2 hours is an estimate but Nintendo makes the most of battery power than anyone elseand if they did make laptops they would last the longest time without being charged I'm betting since they're so efficient with batteries  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:08 pm
The GameGear was the first true color portable. I don't know why I didn't comment on this one earlier, but I shall now. There was a Color GameBoy released when I was living in Turkey, over a decade ago. Actually, that was almost a dozen years ago O_o; It wasn't 'true' color, though. It was some kind of film that translated certain monochromatic colors into others, and it only produced four colors at a time.

Nintendo is great about power consumption.  

Edymion
Captain

The Deadliest Grace

4,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:28 am
Edymion
Sega dropped the SegaCD so fast that people lost faith.

Heh, but did you see NP's images of the Legend of Zelda game? rofl
That, my friends, was simply sad!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:33 pm
Bah, Nintendo would still be on top.
NINTENDO WILL RULE THE WORLD!  

BLooDYxxNiGHTS

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:10 pm
@emoRockLover

Which images O_o; ? There are two games coming out. Phantom Hourglass (NDS) and Twilight Princess (NGC)

@SerenitytheWaterSprite

xd Technically, Nintendo's not quite on top, at the moment. Well...unless you are speaking, strictly, from total sales.

NGC + GBA + NDS >>> PS2 + PSP >>>>> X-Box 360  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:37 pm
Edymion

@SerenitytheWaterSprite

xd Technically, Nintendo's not quite on top, at the moment. Well...unless you are speaking, strictly, from total sales.

NGC + GBA + NDS >>> PS2 + PSP >>>>> X-Box 360

I dun care. Nintendo will STILL RULE THE WORLD!! *evil cackle*
*high pitched really fast voice* and-and I'll be their slave, and I'll take out all the resistance, and then I'll kiss their feet. *sniffs more cocaine*
O.o NO I'M NOT A DRUGGIE!!!
DOWN WITH THE NINTENDO RESISTANCE!! ALL HAIL NINTENDO!!  

BLooDYxxNiGHTS

starvigilante

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:28 pm
Nintendo would still be where it is now. Sure Sega may have beaten Nintendo in some respects, but Nintendo's list of innovation far outweighs any of its competitors.

For instance, if it wasn't for the NES gaming would have been phased out. Gaming was seen as a fad, which would wear off by many, until the NES. The NES had the games and the technology and started a US, Europe and Japan obsession with the brand. Also with the NES Nintendo became the first to create a lightgun AND to use motion sensitive properties (the unfortunately failed 'Power Glove').

Nintendo haven't stopped the innovation either. More recently we have the Bongo controllers and the touch-screen DS.

The future looks bright as well with the brilliant Wii and the Wii-mote, giving us new ways to play and enjoy games.

Nintendo are unstoppable.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:52 am
I don't think Nintendo would beat them. Sega has Sonic which is really popular at the moment, and they've also got stuff like monkeyball etc.  

[[Resistance Is Futile]]

Edymion
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:43 pm
Sonic and Monkeyball may be popular Sega franchises now, but that's not what the question is about wink

Let's look at what happened in the Sega Genesis versus SNES "race" a decade ago. The Genesis started off hot, easily trouncing SNES sales. The system was hot, and it looks like Nintendo was going to suffer it's second generation out. In the end, SNES total sales were easily greater than Genesis sales. Though popular, Sega saw faster declines in sales than Nintendo ever did.

I like Sonic, so don't get me wrong wink Sonic Adventure Battle 2 on my GameCube has many hours to it, but I seem to get more "hooked" on Mario games, for whatever reason.

What's interesting in Sega is seeing the mindset of the owners. They are perfectly happy with high video game sales as a third party, no longer interested in the "arms race" that they see the war between the consoles as being. They like the prestige they've earned, and they enjoy the profits they've reaped. Are they scared of trying a console again? No. I just think they are happier being able to attach to any console out there and make a spectacular game to attract a broader audience then they ever were.

Sega failed at consoles not because they couldn't make good games but because they had the wrong mindset for consoles (*cough*Dreamcast*cough*).  
Nintendo Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff