MortSanglant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:05 am
There are a ton of mallrat goths.

::shudders::

::pukes::

::plots to stab them all::

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:57 am
Quote:
are you in an area where there are little or no goths? Its wierd when you finally meet another one, right?

I am the only person in my area that is a goth. I go out in all goth drab and my aunt freaks out. lol. when I see another goth i get all happy and then I want the pants they have, cause I only have 1 pair of chained up all around the leg's pants. smile  

DramaticDragon

OG Vampire

8,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:59 am
Goth spotting...
It's really not all that uncommon to see random goths of various ages around where I live, so I've never really thought of it being a rarity. I've always lived in areas with a good number of people, and of course the more people you have the more likely you'll see someone deviating from the social norms. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:01 am
Actually, I dont really consider my self to be a goth. I consider myself to be "emo", mainly cause I'm more on the emotionally unstable side. But I don't really know. People call me goth and emo in equal amounts, and i dislike both. That's because it makes me feel as if someone else was given the right to choose for me what I can become, and what I am. And even more then that, i would choose to be labeled "Emo", mainly because people seem to put alot of the goths that live in my area are put into a "sterotypical game". Not that I have anything against Goths or something like that, I'd just prefer it if others didn't call me one. I will call myself a Goth when i see fit. Anyway, I don't really know any other people beside one of my best friends who are even called goths. I've seen them around, but I haven't really gotten the courage to talk. My best friend is emo, like me, and is labeled a Goth.  

Ming Chen

_darkened_tears_

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:06 am
My town has like maybe 3 other goths at the most and I've met none of them so far, though I do have one partly-gothic friend.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:59 am
I see tons of goths in Dallas xd  

xAsh-chanx

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:35 pm
Isobel Bellamy
However, the majority of the black-clad are emos or metalheads, the actual amount of goths is quite small.

This statement essentially explains everything there is to say... It's difficult to tell if someone is goth unless you know them personally, largely because black clothes usually don't mean a person is a goth.

Most of the people you'll see dressed in all black (ESPECIALLY if they're teenagers) will be metal fans, emo-kids, or some sort of "poser" goth (by which I mean mallgoths, mallcore, kindergoths, etc.).  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:41 pm
hmm...yeah There used to be some goths where I lived...who went to my school...but they all graduated and went on to better things...now there are none...or at least I haven't met any of them...Germantown is quite big for a little 5'0" Italian person to scout...  

Laharl Part Deux

Lexiegirl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:00 pm
I am. Everyone and I do not hesitate to say everyone, dresses in ambercrombie clothes. There are no goths so I am friends with some of the ambercrombie cronies. But they are strange. They act goth, but they wear ambercrombie. But anywho, when ever I visit my grandparents and go to the mall I see all these goths and I'm like, " THESE ARE MY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!". Too bad I'm too shy to talk to any of them. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:56 pm
Yeah, I live in a some what small city. It doesn't seem like there are alot 'Goths' here but there are alot. I'm friends with all of them. We used to hang out together and be mall rats or Downtown rats or we'll just hang out at someone house and party, have fun... lol I remeber this one time we were all wearing fairy wings with fangs and cloaks in a cemetary, that was fun.... but after a HUGE incident had happened here with two people that I knew and a family...we are more spread apart into smaller groups. The city was against us and thought we should all die, but it's slowly cooling off and nobody cares as much. I hope Canada Day will be fun.. and I hope my group of black will be together again. Thats all I wish for ^^;

Vivi.The.Pimp.

Dirzdra

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:14 pm
I live in a fairly large subburbs city. There's a lot of punks of all kinda and emo's, but I don't really know of much else. I go to school, the grocery store, any bookstore(even in a mall, its mostly for manga, but sometimes novels), and the thrift store. Well, I can only say I've only seen about 4 people that have the gothic look down. Whether they are or not, I have no idea.

I guess I'm sorta one of those old, plain goths... or whatever you wanna call me. Well, as far as dressing anyways. I wear long plain skirts/pants and long (rarely short, nows an exception) sleaved blouses/t-shirts. I don't go for any of that other stuff. The only print I ever have on a shirt is bleach. I've made people sad by telling them the cold, honest truth (but they were asking for it). No chains, no studs, no make-up. I guess the only difference is that I have a few friends and I do laugh, but it's usually perverted, about a stereotype, or "demented".

Anyways, last summer I went to this gated community with my dad and step-mom to visit her brother. That place's population in like 1000... maybe more; my school is larger than that. Well, I did find one decent person there. She was like me, but she wore gobs and gobs of make-up.

I never got the point of make-up.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:18 pm
The only other goth I've seen in my town is my friend Grace, she's the most beautiful lolita you'll ever see.

All the other goths hide, next year I'm going to high school so I know I'll see a s**t load of them because my highschool is goth/emo/punk central. So yeah..  

BlairyFairy

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:36 am
Most of the black-clad populance here falls more under the emo/metalhead label rather than being gothic.

However, I know of two other goths in my school, one being my pet. I'm really propably the most visibally gothic person in my school (perhaps even in the whole city... O.o), but thats because I dress mainly in EGA or RomantiGoth styles, which really distinguishes me from the emo cowd.

I never really see any goths out and about, except at my weekend art class... I've met a few of the gothy type there.

But as I said before I really don't know too many other goths...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:31 pm
I'm not really 'Goth.'
I just wear the black with all the accecories.
:3

I love the clothing even though I am almost never fitting into the stereotype. My best friend is a punk cheerleader for God's sake.

Anyways.
There are a handful where I live.

But where I'm visiting I haven't really seen any.

+Horror.in.Wonderland+

.Sodomy.On.A.Stick.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:54 pm
My group is just about all I know of around here that don't wear Abercrombie and Fitch D=

We're a loose mix of punks, emos, metalheads, goths, and my friend Kristen, who is just literally beyond any stereotype xD

We all wear black though, so when we all get together it's fun ^^

And we're insane xD

So that makes it better =3

But really, my group is the only group I know, and there's only about ten of us.

-shrug-

It's CT.

I've given up xD

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out