7,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:31 am
*steals Yuri's and Camui's photos* ninja

Here's the best picture I've found of me so far

User Image

I'm going to TRY to goto Anime Reactor. No promises.

Hey, by then the weather will be right to try and wear my AFK hat I made! *ponders making Gaia cosplay*

Oh yeah, if I go to Anime Reactor, I think I might want to make another outfit... but of who and what? Hiding my hair is hard to do, and I won't dye it (when I cut my hair, I intend to donate some and sell some other--and they want undyed hair only), so I have to stick with characters my hair works well with.

So... who? I'm not stacked like Tsunade, the only long haired blonde I can think of that isn't Ino in Naruto... Hmm... I could try to do Naruto as Sexy no Jutsu mode! xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:02 pm
meh doin my best to beh like one of the chacters from naruto (i have no cloths simmiliar to the cloths they wear so its hard)
and i'm not sure if i'll be able to go Anime Reactor
for my own reasons ninja  

Naruto 2.0

BakaOnigiri

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:03 am
no Naruto Cosplay yet, but i will probably make it for the next convent (the newest convent is in the weekend, dont have any clothes)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:08 am
No Cosplays ever happens here in Sweden... sad (I don't know any...)  

Keruza

Wolf Demon Ryu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:08 pm
ZaqweX
I know how you feel, theres none in Arkansas Either....  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:05 pm
When I went to A-kon 15 I saw plenty of Naruto cosplayers. Shino seemed to be pretty popular. I want to cosplay, but I'm too scared. sweatdrop  

cybertronic purgatory

O.G. Ladykiller

8,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Person of Interest 200

ParanoidNoodles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:18 pm
Zero_Stance
When I went to A-kon 15 I saw plenty of Naruto cosplayers. Shino seemed to be pretty popular. I want to cosplay, but I'm too scared. sweatdrop
it's always scary at first when you step out of your car to enter the cosplay place. i know, cuz, i went as sakura for animethon a couple weeks ago. after you stay for about 5 minutes though you'll forget you ever were scared blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:33 pm
Moon_Rei
Zero_Stance
it's always scary at first when you step out of your car to enter the cosplay place. i know, cuz, i went as sakura for animethon a couple weeks ago. after you stay for about 5 minutes though you'll forget you ever were scared blaugh

The great thing about cosplay is that it's basically a walking sign telling people a little bit about yourself. Mainly it says what series you like, and thus opens the channels to make friends based on that fact alone.

And when you're at an anime con, you'll find about as many people in costume as not--and there's probably enough costumes stored in hotel rooms that everyone at the con COULD be in costume. (Many avid cosplayers bring more than one costume to a convention, and some bring more than two 9_9; *guilty*)

With some many around you cosplaying, it's really easy to forget any nervousness you may have. My nervousness has always come more from my family's smart remarks and teasing than anything else.  

Zrana

7,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100

BakaOnigiri

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:38 am
ZaqweX

Heh, but TokyoStyle is coming up this weekend, and there will be cosplayers there.. (also from sweden xd )
And I have decided who i will cosplay as next time..... Tsunade! lol xd but i like her and her clothes arent too hard... but i have to make my hair blonde or wear a wig... stare  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:38 pm
as you can see my avatar is in naruto cosplay xd
and i was hoping you guys could Vote for me in this avatar contest i would greatly appreciate it.
also, i'm donating the money i make from the prize, to this guild xd  

Hentai Tentacle

Storgg Sutrson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:23 pm
if you cant do a good job making a costume i think you shouldnt make one. they look too much like the Uncanny X-Men except with Naruto. Like the pictures near the first post, that Sakura didnt even have straight hair! And in the words of StarDuck, webmaster of ANBUdom.net, you are Narutards....fans who have gone too far.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:01 am
Urg..No. Cosplayers scare me. I wouldn't even dress like that at HOME. I don't know how people can dress up like that. You guys aren't kids anymore. It's ok to like some kiddy stuff, but you don't need to take stuff to the extreme. Sorry to " flame " anyone, but that kind of stuff makes me look cool. o_O  

|_Amari_

Zrana

7,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:34 pm
|_Amari_
Urg..No. Cosplayers scare me. I wouldn't even dress like that at HOME. I don't know how people can dress up like that. You guys aren't kids anymore. It's ok to like some kiddy stuff, but you don't need to take stuff to the extreme. Sorry to " flame " anyone, but that kind of stuff makes me look cool. o_O

You flame to look cool? That's stupid, flaming to look cool makes you look like a jackass in my book.

I don't care if others don't like to cosplay. Yes, there IS such a thing as bad osplay, but it's an expression of oneself so I don't care if others don't like it.

I think fewer people would bash cosplayers costume quality if they ever tried to make a costume of any difficulty themselves. It's ain't easy, sometimes you just don't have the sewing or construction skills, other times you just CAN'T find the right material and have to make do with what you have.

And I don't think of it as kiddy. And awesome costumes knows no age, otherwise there wouldn't be a costume designer for movies, and without good costumes some movies would look sucky as hell. Ever seen a killer halloween costume? I bet it wasn't a little kid wearing it. Little kids go well with cutesy costumes. Anime characters are all little kids, so thus we have older people cosplaying.

I mentioned movies. Movies have actors. Actors have costumes. Cosplay comes from "Costume and Play". So cosplaying is like role-playing. ALL AGES of people like to role-play, so cosplay can be taken in that way.

People at Scifi conventions sometimes wear costumes, from a cheapo Star Trek uniform shirt to full out Storm Troopers and Klingons. Gaming conventions have alot of Vampires running around (usually from a LARP aka Live Action Role Play--and LARPs are PG-13 deals usually at teh LEAST), and other various fantasy creatures from Elves to Wizards and then some. And then there's SCA and other re-enactment groups. Those period outfits are costumes, and is dominantly teens and adults--not little kids.

So dressing up in costumes isn't a little kid thing. Costumes aren't just for trick-or-treating.

But if you don't like it, no problem. You may not understand it, but others do, so it's never going to go away. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:37 am
*pokes* Just to bring up to the first page.. ^^;  

Camui
Crew

Cobo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:24 am
Cosplay isn't really my thing.. The fact people name their avatars after characters make me frickin' rage-filled, so imagine what rage I get when real people do it.
Just my opinion.  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces