Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Pagans and Self-Image (Read First Post) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vertigo_Kiwi

Tipsy Wench

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:03 am
There's only one thing I dislike about my image and that's my stomach fat. I'm only 95 pounds, but because I'm skinny and have no boobs my stomach makes me look like I'm pregnant. But that can be taken care of as soon as I get off my lazy bum and exercise / watch watch I eat.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:22 am
Winter Black
And I understand about having a large chest. (I think the ten pounds I did lose was from my chest...) I have Dcups, but one is stlightly larger than the other... [blinks] And I get stared at a lot. Not hit on, but stared at.

I'm about the same, and perhaps a bit closer to the double D mark. The staring is honestly the worst; I don't get hit on either, just stared at in bars by men old enough to be my father or grandfather. *shudder* I wish I could lose ten pounds fromy chest; I actually proved how heavy they were one night, after probably a few too many drink, with a friend when he took the dead weight of one in his hand. Just one. And he couldn't believe the weight of it.  

The Bookwyrm
Crew

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:25 am
Winter Black
Mm, yeah! Milk really helps the complexion a lot! I almost forgot about that! I drink milk a lot, too.

Starlock's got the right idea, I must say. Aside from being overweight, I love everything about me. If I were in better shape, I'd have nothing to complain about.
Its not so much my image I'm unhappy with, as my health.
But Jameta is beautiful, Gypsy is beautiful, Kistune is beautiful... We're all beautiful, no matter what anyone tells us!

You're damn right! I have the body of Venus! Willendorf's Venus, but it's Venus nonetheless! xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:31 am
Gypsy Blue
I'm about the same, and perhaps a bit closer to the double D mark. The staring is honestly the worst; I don't get hit on either, just stared at in bars by men old enough to be my father or grandfather. *shudder* I wish I could lose ten pounds fromy chest; I actually proved how heavy they were one night, after probably a few too many drink, with a friend when he took the dead weight of one in his hand. Just one. And he couldn't believe the weight of it.
I'm probably around a high D, myself, but my chest is crooked. One's almost a whole cupsize bigger than the other...
But, for the people old enough to be your father thing, I adore men old enough to be my father (I'm in love with a 42-year-old Russian man... Gah... And Ben Daniels (actor over 40), and Johnny Depp (actor over 40), and so on...), I have no problem with their age... Its mostly just that they are staring at me, and not saying anything. Its a little... Unsettling. Heh.
When you lose weight, the first thing to shrink is generally your chest, depending on the kind of exercise you're doing.

Winter Black
Crew

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:49 am
Nihilistic Seraph
Jameta
I wish I had a better facial complexion(sp?) and that I was in better, overall health. I have trouble remembering to take my vitamins, and simply do not eat a lot.

I have more trouble with procrastination and being motivated to do things. I've been praying more about it, but something keeps me from being totally focused on this. confused When I try asking for help, my mind seems very scattered.
I heard this one trick that any time you urinate, right away replace the water you lost in your body. You'll start to urinate more, but you'll come to a balance, and it's suposed to clear your complexion right up. I tried a while back, but couldn't get into the rhythm and gave up, but my face did clear up a bit in the duration.

Dove soap also helps.
You don't have to drink it right after; you can drink water throughout the day. It actually clears everything out (and duh, it'll make you need the restroom more! blaugh ). Witch hazel actually works the best for my family... it's just getting over my laziness to do it. xp Soap alone doesn't do much for me.

Thanks for the advice, though. heart  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:38 am
I honestly tend to not care about my appearance, as long as I'm healthy. I'm of average weight, maybe a little bit more because over half of my body mass is toned muscle ^_^; I do martial arts 3 days a week for atleast an hour and a half a day, and I eat considerably well, despite that I refuse to eat red meat or pork. In which case, I could be healthier, because I'm aplastic anemic. I often get exhausted easier than I would if I wasn't protein defficient.

Other than that, I try not to worry about what I look like, other than presentable and, well, a display of my personality. Sure, there are things I'd like to better about my appearance, for example, i do get acne very often and very easily because I have highly oily skin. I'd change that, and maybe the size of my teeth, because they are too damn small, but other than that, I'm alright with my outer image.

Kabuki Doll

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:55 pm
Genetically, I've been blessed. Lovely, curvy body...and I carry weight pretty well. I am a little out of shape, but I am stronger than I look, and I'm apparently attractive enough to have guys chasing me.

I do wish I could lose a little of the stuff on my waist, but I'm quite happy with maintaining my weight. It's better than gaining, especially after a year of college. No Freshman 15 for me!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:20 am
Well, uh, I have low self esteem. I don't find myself very pretty and I would like to loose the small gut I have. I'm not happy about my chest size...

Then again I have never had great self esteem because I have always had boys laugh in my face when I asked them on a date or to dance. And friends and family have a habbit of poking fun at me (well they poke fun at themselves and everyone else too).

I have that hourglass figure so most people can't tell I weigh what I do.

I'm a martial artist so I should be more active then I currently in, get back into the shape I used to be, but since my knee surgery I have felt...blah. It's hard to have to relearn everything that used to come so natural. I feel like a white belt wearing a green belt as some sortof disguise. It's disgusting anymore...

Uh, recently I have started drinking more water and orange juice, and have been craving fruits and veggies, which is good.

Within my body, I am sad that my cardio system has gotten shot because of the fact that I couldn't run or do or wanted to do anything when my knee got hurt. But all in all, inside is pretty good.

MysticalBlueRse

Creepy Albino Fish

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:57 am
I'm okay with myself. I'm getting irritated with my acne, and I'm prolly 20-30 pounds overweight. That's my problem. My boobs are really big too, so that prolly contributes. They need to go away. Tey don't really bother me except shirts are hard to maintain. mad I always have it in my head that I'm going to do something, but of course I don't. Master procrastinator here. sweatdrop I eat a lot. I just don't stop. I need more activities in my life, something hands on that I can work on so I'm not bored and eat. stressed But otherwise, I like myself. I'm strong, short (lol), have nice hair and nice eyes. It's just me being lazy.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:52 pm
I'm fairly ok witht he way I look, I'd like to be a bit thiner, yes, but I'm ok with how I look.

I know what your talking about though, my room mate last year thought she needed to lose weight. If that girl lost any more weight she'd be anarexic (spelling?)

I don't think its so much a pagan thing as it is the culture we live in. Its a shame really, but the only way to change something like that is for everyone to stand up and say "I am beautiful, no matter what you say"  

Skasha

6,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200

Winter Black
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:00 am
Skasha, I was more just wondering how many Pagans are affected by the cultural "you can't be fat, you gotta be tiny thin, go get anorexia/thro up after every meal, dress like a slut, and carry a tiny dog!" bullshit. [laughs]
Personally, it should be more about your personality than your looks, but we should all say "I'm beautiful no matter what you say!" And feel good about ourselves.
Although, weighing 215 pounds, at 18 years old, and being in worse shape than your own mother, is NOT a good thing, and I really do need to lose weight, and start working out, and such.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:40 pm
Winter, since we're seeing a very common complaint about being out of shape and wanting to do something to improve their health, maybe we should look into maybe setting up a guild support thread. Almost like the idea of Weight Watchers, where you go into it as a group, you check up on eachother and encourage eachother. Set it up with some suggestions on moderate changes to life style to improve health, and suggestions for improving your diet (not dieting, simply eating better). Might help motivate some of us and get us off on the right track.  

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:30 pm
Gypsy Blue
Winter Black
Mm, yeah! Milk really helps the complexion a lot! I almost forgot about that! I drink milk a lot, too.

Starlock's got the right idea, I must say. Aside from being overweight, I love everything about me. If I were in better shape, I'd have nothing to complain about.
Its not so much my image I'm unhappy with, as my health.
But Jameta is beautiful, Gypsy is beautiful, Kistune is beautiful... We're all beautiful, no matter what anyone tells us!

You're damn right! I have the body of Venus! Willendorf's Venus, but it's Venus nonetheless! xd
rofl

Or you could make jokes about Baroque models.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:52 pm
Gypsy Blue
Winter, since we're seeing a very common complaint about being out of shape and wanting to do something to improve their health, maybe we should look into maybe setting up a guild support thread. Almost like the idea of Weight Watchers, where you go into it as a group, you check up on eachother and encourage eachother. Set it up with some suggestions on moderate changes to life style to improve health, and suggestions for improving your diet (not dieting, simply eating better). Might help motivate some of us and get us off on the right track.

We should deffinately see what the Council thinks of the idea, for sure. I'll head it up, and take care of the thread. I have no problems with that.  

Winter Black
Crew

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas