Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply TokyoPop Manga Guild
~Fruits Basket Thread~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which do you like better: Furuba anime or Furuba manga?
Furuba Anime! Much cooler!
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Furuba Manga! I like the new twists!
46%
 46%  [ 23 ]
Well, both are pretty cool...
26%
 26%  [ 13 ]
F-Furuba...? What the crap is &quot;Furuba&quot;? I thought this was &quot;Fruits Basket&quot; thread!
22%
 22%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 50

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:12 am
Ankoku_Ryuu
I love Shigure's evil-ness in the manga. its so cool!!!!

gonk
I don't like Shigure being evil and shifty..... gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:10 am
I like them both equally. Which is actually kind of strange becuase for the most part . . . I like the manga over anime anyday. But the anime did do justice to the manga, at least you know the first seven/eight volumes of the manga. xp They both have their pros and cons. I think the manga hints at stuff that's to come more than the anime ever did. And also the manga is a somewhat darker. The anime, to me, was lighter and funnier, might just have been that it was well animated. whee  

Masquanade
Crew

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:40 am
It was well animated indeed. 3nodding
I only know of one occasion where the anime hinted to the secret of the anime's final plot ...thingie. *doesn't want to spoil for those who haven't seen the anime* sweatdrop It's actually one of the first episodes...When Kagura comes for the first time...Anyone know what I'm talking about...??? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:41 am
Neko-Yousei
It was well animated indeed. 3nodding
I only know of one occasion where the anime hinted to the secret of the anime's final plot ...thingie. *doesn't want to spoil for those who haven't seen the anime* sweatdrop It's actually one of the first episodes...When Kagura comes for the first time...Anyone know what I'm talking about...??? sweatdrop

I think I do. I haven't watched the series in quite some time so I can't remember. sweatdrop  

Masquanade
Crew

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:19 pm
I did notice that in the Manga Shigure has a sort of evil/shifty thing going on and you say that he isn't really like that in the anime? or is it just that it doesn't seem as apparent as it does in the manga? hmmm.... now I am curious to see how he acts in the anime compared to how he is in the manga.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:02 pm
PsychoAce56
I did notice that in the Manga Shigure has a sort of evil/shifty thing going on and you say that he isn't really like that in the anime? or is it just that it doesn't seem as apparent as it does in the manga? hmmm.... now I am curious to see how he acts in the anime compared to how he is in the manga.

He is not evil or shifty in the slightest bit in the manga. Sure, he visits Akito, but everyone in the Sohma family does...So that was nothing out of the ordinary, but yeah...He should be the fox instead of the dog...except there kinda isn't a fox in the zodiac.... sweatdrop  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

Andserkiel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:20 am
Yey, Fruits Basket! I haven't read the manga but I've watched the first 12 episodes of the anime this week, it rules! I love Shigure he cracks me up- "High school girls , high school girls, 1,2,3 high school girls" blaugh
Oh that maids uniform he bought for Tohru on white day xd He's not that evil in the manga, is he? sad  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:12 pm
Shigure is more evil in the manga, he has all sorts of evil plans in his head there xd I agree with PsychoAce56, I too noticed Shigure's dark flashes, I guess that's what you would call them.

I personally liked the anime better, while I usually go for the manga, I've definately had much more fun watching the anime. ^^

The newest manga chapters in Hana to Yume magazine takes a huge plot twist, it really freaked me out >.< but I won't spoil it for anyone.  

Starshine

Destructive Bunny

Tobias Mule

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:22 am
Still, I think Shigure is evil in a good way (does that make sense?). I like the manga and the anime both. I can hardly wait for the next volume of Furuba. whee  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:10 am
Starshine
Shigure is more evil in the manga, he has all sorts of evil plans in his head there xd I agree with PsychoAce56, I too noticed Shigure's dark flashes, I guess that's what you would call them.

I personally liked the anime better, while I usually go for the manga, I've definately had much more fun watching the anime. ^^

The newest manga chapters in Hana to Yume magazine takes a huge plot twist, it really freaked me out >.< but I won't spoil it for anyone.

the anime is great i love it has to be my favourite  

Madhatters party

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200

Andserkiel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:47 am
I finished watching the all 26 episodes of Fruba! Aw, I so love Kyo bless him! heart And my baby Shigure cried in the last 2 episodes- gotta hug him! Akito's a b*****d but I can understand how he's bitter 'cause of him having to die and all that.
Gotta read the manga but it's always sold out crying  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:06 pm
Andserkiel
I finished watching the all 26 episodes of Fruba! Aw, I so love Kyo bless him! heart And my baby Shigure cried in the last 2 episodes- gotta hug him! Akito's a b*****d but I can understand how he's bitter 'cause of him having to die and all that.
Gotta read the manga but it's always sold out crying

I hate Akito!!! He makes me mad!!! Grah. I love going back and watching the 1st DVD I have. It's always so much fun and it never gets old. Wish I had the other DVDs though crying Maybe I'll ask for them for christmas or go ebaying or something. I need to stop spending money though... I just went to laser tag 2 weeks in a row and it's $15 a pop gonk Oh Well, it's lots of fun ^^ We went today and we wrote highlighter all over us cuz there were blacklights and it glowed.. buahahaha. I wrote Misaki in japanese on t he upper part of my arm and chii in the lower. It was fun ^^  

Misaki_Chii54
Crew

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:27 am
I feel sorry for Akito... sad
But his condition doesn't really excuse his behavior... =\  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:59 pm
I guess he just seems sort of evil to me, I guess it could just be my perspective Neko-chan. I sort of feel bad for Akito-samas condition but his behavior absolutely enrages me and then all the sympathy goes down the drain for him.  

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Frosted Fai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:31 am
did anyone here notice that they TOTALLY CUT ABOUT EVERY ROMANCE SCENE OUT OF THE ANIME?! The anime consisted of Drama and the same songs being played over and over. Now i am loyal to Fruits Basket Manga to the end- it's my favorite! But the anime just lost my attention. I watched all of it though...  
TokyoPop Manga Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff