What is this runic system? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

blukattt
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:33 pm
Hmm, yes, the location now makes me think it was the product of a child...

All I can say for sure is that they are an authentic script, but little else. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:39 pm
blukattt
Hmm, yes, the location now makes me think it was the product of a child...

All I can say for sure is that they are an authentic script, but little else. 3nodding
Well, I'm just hoping that I wont have to translate it from latin or anything...  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:40 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Well, I'm just hoping that I wont have to translate it from latin or anything...

I'm just trying to figure out why you're putting in all this effort. Are you intending to use the wand for some purpose, or just curious?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:23 am
Jishin
Nihilistic Seraph

I'm just trying to figure out why you're putting in all this effort. Are you intending to use the wand for some purpose, or just curious?
Well, I'm not going to use it. Partly curious, and also if I can find the actual person who made it. When night falls, there's some nasty energy in the mini-forest. Especially in this one area where the trees make a triangle and there's this platform thing out of rock...You step inside and right away feel the difference. Something not to nice is stuck in at least one of the trees.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:46 am
Nihilistic Seraph
Well, I'm not going to use it. Partly curious, and also if I can find the actual person who made it. When night falls, there's some nasty energy in the mini-forest. Especially in this one area where the trees make a triangle and there's this platform thing out of rock...You step inside and right away feel the difference. Something not to nice is stuck in at least one of the trees.

Mm. I see. There's a place like that back on my old college campus.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:41 pm
Hmm.

"Ziod-zan, Okib-zan..."

It almost sounds like they were trying to invoke something? Maybe something bad. Foolish children.

How old is the wand, would you say? Recent, or weather-worn?  

Canned Toast

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:26 pm
NekoChan828
Hmm.

"Ziod-zan, Okib-zan..."

It almost sounds like they were trying to invoke something? Maybe something bad. Foolish children.

How old is the wand, would you say? Recent, or weather-worn?
Fairly recent. That and I'm not to sure is the previous translation is the correct one. The way the runes are, I could simply be holding it upside down. I translated it the other three ways, but I seem to have misplaced the paper...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:29 pm
Jishin
Nihilistic Seraph

Mm. I see. There's a place like that back on my old college campus.
Well, it seems like there's a host of random ghosts in my college. Enough that a friend of mine in the pagan club there made an offshoot of the pagan club-the ghost-hunting club. I'm not part of it, and apparently the metting are well...interesting. Apparently a bit of mass hysteria on the first outing when someone didn't follow directions...  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:44 am
Nihilistic Seraph
Yes, I did take the wand with me. If it was that important to them, I don't think they would have left it lying around. Seeing the way the runes are made, for all I know, what I posted could have been upside down, or turned 90 degrees to the side. I decoded each different way, but nothing coherent. Unless, as blukattt said, and it's in Latin. I don't think that an adult made it, considering the area that I live in. It's smack in the suburbs, with mostly Jewish and Christian families. And, the way the actual wand was made makes me think that someone young carved it. An adult could allways find a better working space than a tiny forest between an elementary school and a parc.

One thing I would like to note that just because its a Masonic script, doesn't mean that the individual who made it can't be Christian or otherwise; I know a guy from my dorm this year who's a Mason, but he's also studying to become a minister/priest.

Work space wise, perhaps that area of forest is appealing to them for whatever reason, or it's just convenient. Who's to say, right? This person is already clearly an odd duck, so try not just to jump to conclusions. If there's massive negative energy, do you really think it's a child responcible? That's the part that wouldn't make sense to me, since you seem certain that it's a child dabbling; I can see some unpleasantness, but I can't see anything drastic from just dabbling. It would probably be more helpful to actually find out if the inscription on the wand means anything.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:34 am
Gypsy Blue
Nihilistic Seraph
Yes, I did take the wand with me. If it was that important to them, I don't think they would have left it lying around. Seeing the way the runes are made, for all I know, what I posted could have been upside down, or turned 90 degrees to the side. I decoded each different way, but nothing coherent. Unless, as blukattt said, and it's in Latin. I don't think that an adult made it, considering the area that I live in. It's smack in the suburbs, with mostly Jewish and Christian families. And, the way the actual wand was made makes me think that someone young carved it. An adult could allways find a better working space than a tiny forest between an elementary school and a parc.

One thing I would like to note that just because its a Masonic script, doesn't mean that the individual who made it can't be Christian or otherwise; I know a guy from my dorm this year who's a Mason, but he's also studying to become a minister/priest.

Work space wise, perhaps that area of forest is appealing to them for whatever reason, or it's just convenient. Who's to say, right? This person is already clearly an odd duck, so try not just to jump to conclusions. If there's massive negative energy, do you really think it's a child responcible? That's the part that wouldn't make sense to me, since you seem certain that it's a child dabbling; I can see some unpleasantness, but I can't see anything drastic from just dabbling. It would probably be more helpful to actually find out if the inscription on the wand means anything.
Once the final term frenzy is over, I defenitely finding out a lot more. As well, the energy in the forest was no overly bad, just icky. The energy in the triangle of trees seemed like something that had festered. I have a hunch that there were two different groups, and only one of them left the wand.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas