Pwner of Noobs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:53 pm
i would trow my controller at them and call them a homo  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:54 pm
poop squash  

Pwner of Noobs

Okied

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:10 pm
I play with low items becuase i make no excuse for why a noob may have beaten me using a item, i just try to overcome that obstacle i think a true player in melee would agree but if we are talking about tourneys then we just want might and clever to win and not just item hacking( i guess that can be the term) and i am good at the game how good to pros i cant tell havent fought against a lot or none at all maybe but i know where i stand and im at least close to being a pro (just as a statement not to brag )  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:37 am
Okied
I play with low items becuase i make no excuse for why a noob may have beaten me using a item, i just try to overcome that obstacle i think a true player in melee would agree but if we are talking about tourneys then we just want might and clever to win and not just item hacking( i guess that can be the term) and i am good at the game how good to pros i cant tell havent fought against a lot or none at all maybe but i know where i stand and im at least close to being a pro (just as a statement not to brag )

...lol.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:14 am
Melomaniacal
Okied
I play with low items becuase i make no excuse for why a noob may have beaten me using a item, i just try to overcome that obstacle i think a true player in melee would agree but if we are talking about tourneys then we just want might and clever to win and not just item ( i guess that can be the term) and i am good at the game how good to pros i cant tell havent fought against a lot or none at all maybe but i know where i stand and im at least close to being a pro (just as a statement not to brag )

...lol.

lol rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:09 pm
The items are meant to make the game fun. And if you play without items ALL THE TIME, you'll be totally unprepared when you fight someone who does use items.

You have to take advantage of the items, and if your opponent has them, you can learn how to avoid their effects when you can. You should switch between playing with them on and off.

And if you can't take getting hit with a cheap KO every now and then... why are you playing a fighting game?  

NekkyoMaster

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:39 am
NekkyoMaster
The items are meant to make the game fun. And if you play without items ALL THE TIME, you'll be totally unprepared when you fight someone who does use items.

You have to take advantage of the items, and if your opponent has them, you can learn how to avoid their effects when you can. You should switch between playing with them on and off.

And if you can't take getting hit with a cheap KO every now and then... why are you playing a fighting game?

Actually, yes we can be. In fact, we might even be more prepared because we're fighting at such a higher level. The only reason to have items turned on is to practice catching said items, for when you're fighting a Peach.

You'd be surprised how many scrubs tell me they can beat me with items on. I've also destroyed these scrubs without losing a life or using any items.

Playing with items is fine if that's your thing, but we're playing at a competitive level, using advanced techniques that you probably don't even know about. The metagame in SSBM is vastly different from casual smash. Certain stages banned (Hyrule Temple, and several others), and items turned off.

The biggest reason items were turned off is because of the random "box of explosives" falling on players during matches.

We'll see if this can be changed for Brawl, but right now, it's not looking too good.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:52 am
SilentBlackTiger
NekkyoMaster

Actually, yes we can be. In fact, we might even be more prepared because we're fighting at such a higher level. The only reason to have items turned on is to practice catching said items, for when you're fighting a Peach.

You'd be surprised how many scrubs tell me they can beat me with items on. I've also destroyed these scrubs without losing a life or using any items.

Playing with items is fine if that's your thing, but we're playing at a competitive level, using advanced techniques that you probably don't even know about. The metagame in SSBM is vastly different from casual smash. Certain stages banned (Hyrule Temple, and several others), and items turned off.

The biggest reason items were turned off is because of the random "box of explosives" falling on players during matches.

We'll see if this can be changed for Brawl, but right now, it's not looking too good.

That pretty much says it all.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

NekkyoMaster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:32 am
SilentBlackTiger
NekkyoMaster

I not saying that you won't be unprepared, but some people who have a lower fighting level would be, ya know? Certainly, the more skilled players would be able to overcome whatever is thrown at them.

Now, I've of course heard of a lot of techniques used in "competitive smash", but it's just that I don't use them, or don't know how. I would like to learn how to use them, so maybe I will enter a competitive smash tournament someday.

The exploding boxes and cheap KO's are a pain, but I work past them and play with Items anyway.

Now I have to ask... what's the big deal with Hyrule Temple being banned? I see no reason for it, and it's one of my favorite stages.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:19 am
NekkyoMaster
SilentBlackTiger
NekkyoMaster

I not saying that you won't be unprepared, but some people who have a lower fighting level would be, ya know? Certainly, the more skilled players would be able to overcome whatever is thrown at them.

Now, I've of course heard of a lot of techniques used in "competitive smash", but it's just that I don't use them, or don't know how. I would like to learn how to use them, so maybe I will enter a competitive smash tournament someday.

The exploding boxes and cheap KO's are a pain, but I work past them and play with Items anyway.

Now I have to ask... what's the big deal with Hyrule Temple being banned? I see no reason for it, and it's one of my favorite stages.

If you ever want to play smash competitively, turn off items. They are not used in tournaments.
If you are interested in learning advanced techniques, I strongly suggest you watch this video. It explains just about everything you need to know. It is long, but it's worth the watch.

As for Hyrule Temple... go to the bottom. It's near impossible to die down there. And that's why it's banned.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:25 am
Melomaniacal
NekkyoMaster
SilentBlackTiger
NekkyoMaster

The biggest reason items were turned off is because of the random "box of es" falling on players during matches.

If you ever want to play smash competitively, turn off items. They are not used in tournaments.
If you are interested in learning advanced techniques, I strongly suggest you watch this video. It explains just about everything you need to know. It is long, but it's worth the watch.

As for Hyrule Temple... go to the bottom. It's near impossible to die down there. And that's why it's banned.

Yes and no. If you read Cunning Kitsune's guide, it also explains why Hyrule was banned (aside from the pit).

Hyrule was primarily banned due to the fact that Fox can camp/snipe like a little @-hole. The range of the stage was too big for other, slower characters to catch up, and that's why it was banned.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:47 pm
SilentBlackTiger
Melomaniacal
NekkyoMaster
SilentBlackTiger
NekkyoMaster

The biggest reason items were turned off is because of the random "box of es" falling on players during matches.

Yes and no. If you read Cunning Kitsune's guide, it also explains why Hyrule was banned (aside from the pit).

Hyrule was primarily banned due to the fact that Fox can camp/snipe like a little @-hole. The range of the stage was too big for other, slower characters to catch up, and that's why it was banned.

Ah, I see. I guess it makes sense why it's banned.  

NekkyoMaster

pyroka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:39 pm
most people say items are bad things but warriors are tought to use and adjust to there surroundings though for those people who think items are plain bad you tell me you never used items once and prove it and I'll shut up and convince everyone else to agree with you but as for me I think items are perfect things to make strategies with and of course most people abuse items and use an item for a cheap KO to much but that just means you've meet a noob who needs a lesson tought to him or you have a person that needs to be tought to use his own strength and surroundings just examples for optimists and pessimists if you disagree with anything here pm me and tell me why you think so  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:32 pm
OMFG!!
i forgot this game had items!!!!

well technically no, but me and my friends(for as long as i can remember)
have never used items

we just pick our characters, go to the options menu, choose stock, choose 4 lives, then we just fight to the death!!

it became sort of like a custom of ours  

Mister Ken Masters

ness8

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:18 pm
Klaus
That indeed makes you a good fighter, but I think a true champ would be able to dominate with all aspects of the game.

Just my opinion.
i second this and it rings true. if you have to go into a contest where you have to have items off and feel this makes you pro then you are clearly mistaken my friends it's easy to combat a hammer or any other weapon.  
Techniques

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff