Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Parents who take the extreme Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kupo Ikari

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:11 pm
To Irreversal: Yes. I'm going to adopt her. She 14, so everything is perfectly legal. My mother already said to take her, so I will.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:14 pm
KupoWrath
To Irreversal: Yes. I'm going to adopt her. She 14, so everything is perfectly legal. My mother already said to take her, so I will.
Your brother is older? Well, call child services after you leave, so that he dosent get treated like s**t.  

Bloodgasm

Kupo Ikari

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:18 pm
My brother will be 16 real soon. He can just emancipate (if that's the right term... ^^; wink himself and come live with me.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:19 pm
KupoWrath
My brother will be 16 real soon. He can just emancipate (if that's the right term... ^^; wink himself and come live with me.
So I guess your just going to have to wait a bit then.  

Bloodgasm

Kupo Ikari

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:21 pm
Yup. Like I said.

Just one more year.

I miss my hair though... It wasn't even that long. It was about the length of... uhh.... My avi's!

Even a bit shorter.

I don't care what she did with my stuff, but my hair was my trademark.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:52 pm
It wasn't a christian church? well...I still stand by why i don't like christianity that much even though I still am one.

what kind of church was it? a mormon or something?  

WeissVicious

Kupo Ikari

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:55 pm
I really have no clue.

She just said "I'm going to go check out this new church down the corner. Bye."

And that was that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:01 pm
hmmm...I don't think different religions have their own churches but Christians and its other forms like mormon and methodist and etc.

oh well.

but keep tough, one year shuldn't be long.  

WeissVicious

Kupo Ikari

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:08 pm
Just as long as I don't start believing what she says (Which will never happen) I'll be fine. ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:58 pm
LatinoHeatZero

...And this is because she went to church? this is one of a couple reasons why i stopped practicing christianity, it seems all it does is try to make people not be who they wanna be. Gays and Goths in general, and somehow it is always the mothers that are the ones enforcing this anti-individuality thing. But i might not know what i am talking about right there. Anyways, I hope things work out for ya, man.
Me as well; Christians (that I've met) are VERY non-accepting, and they don't conform to anything.

I was listening to Slipknot, and my mom asked me what my music was, and I said my "happy music". She looked at me strange...

My dad doesn't like bracelets, and I asked for one a few months ago, and he said, "What's next? You're gonna paint you eyes and fingernails?". Yeah, he's one of those HARDCORE christians.

Some Mormons came to our house advertising their bible, and I laughed at them. One of them gave me a strange look.  

Nazo no Kanjojin

Kupo Ikari

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:17 pm
At least all you get is strange looks. XD

I've had people be downright hostile to me. I know I'm uke and everything, but I didn't think I looked that weak. O___o;;;

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:28 pm
Ouch.....just... ouch. I'm not sure exactly what to say. It sounds like she got brainwashed into believing everything related to being gay is now "evil" and "Wrong". *sigh*

This is going to sound odd, but I would start to research sucessful gay and lesbian people who are famous. Ellen Degeneris (sp?), Ricky Martin, just anyone you can get your hands on that are good people with good morals who just so happen to like the same sex instead of the opposite sex. Find things that might help reverse some of the damage the brain washing did to her mind. Sit down with her and ask her why she is so afraid of you being gay. Ask her what exactly does she find to be so objectionable. It might be a long and rather akward talk, but maybe, just maybe there is a small glimmer of hope that you might be able to break through to her and get her to realize you'll still be her son no matter what. That being homosexual isn't going to automatically turn you into an evil heathen the drinks the blood of small children and feats on the flesh of household pets or some such non-sense. Let her know that you're still going to be looking for a seious and meaningful relationship... just not exactly in the same way as some people do. Sometimes trying to be reasonable and rational can help a little bit.

Sadly that is the best I can offer other than my condolances and the solace in the knowledge that a years time can go by quickly if you keep your mind pre-occupied with other thoughts and keep your time filled up so you don't have the chance to be bored. Working is a great way to fill some of that time, and so is reading, watching TV, and doing whatever you can to keep your mind distracted and your thoughts occupied.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Kupo Ikari

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:55 pm
Thank you Luri-sama. You truely know your stuff.

I suppose I can risk a conversation tomorrow after I get back from the gym. My little sister will be at a friends house.

I'm actually used to a lot of this. It's not like this is the first incident. If it was, I would be freaking out a LOT more. I've learned that she needs time to cool, and then you can try to repair the relationship... But personally I'm tired of that. Frankly, I've recently realized it wasn't my fault at all. So that has made me a stronger person.

Though, I swear I heard her talking about a psychiatrist... I hope I don't have to deal with that again.

Thank you Luri-sama for your advice. ^^

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:11 pm
KupoWrath
Thank you Luri-sama. You truely know your stuff.

I suppose I can risk a conversation tomorrow after I get back from the gym. My little sister will be at a friends house.

I'm actually used to a lot of this. It's not like this is the first incident. If it was, I would be freaking out a LOT more. I've learned that she needs time to cool, and then you can try to repair the relationship... But personally I'm tired of that. Frankly, I've recently realized it wasn't my fault at all. So that has made me a stronger person.

Though, I swear I heard her talking about a psychiatrist... I hope I don't have to deal with that again.

Thank you Luri-sama for your advice. ^^

*huggles* Not a problem. ^_^ I like to try to help out as much as I can. I just hope that you and you're mom can come to some sort of understanding so that you don't have a horrible relationship later on in life.

There is not "fault" in sexual preferences. That seems to be a point that a lot of people miss. It's not a disease, it's not a mental disorder, it's a personal preference. Not to trivialize it, but people wouldn't get made at you if you didn't like chinese food, or couldn't stand the color orange for some reason, so why should be people upset that you choose to spend and enjoy more time with someone of the same gender?

Perhaps it might make them a little bit uncomforatable at first, and make them defensive because they all of the sudden feel they don't know who you are anymore. A lot of people who find out that someone is gay or bisexual start to wonder if perhaps that person was hidding one secret that big from them, what else is hidden that they don't know about? They feel that perhaps they don't know someone as well as they thought they did, and it becomes easy for them to demonize a person instead of seeing them as a living, breathing human being with feelings.(sometimes seeing through the eyes of the other side does help with persepectives). I'm not saying it's even close to right, but a lot of people have a fear of what they don't understand, so the one of the best ways to dispell that fear, or at least lessen it to some degree is to talk about things. To talk about who you are as a person, and how you feel not only about the current situation, but life in general. What your goals are, your ambitions, your dreams and plans for the future. Make her realize that her son is still her son, and still has hopes and dreams, still has a future, and still (if you do) still wants his mother to be in his life. She needs to know that your choices aren't designed to push her away in any way, shape or form, mearly that you are growing as a person and starting to discover who you are as an individual. You're sexual preference is just one of many different traits that define you though, and focusing solely on that one aspect really isn't fair because she isn't seeing the whole picture of who you are.

I hope some of all of this helps you in some way, and I wish you the best of luck.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Kupo Ikari

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:18 pm
Alrighty. I'll try that.

Thank you for the advice Luri-sama. It's greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure how much help it will do though. She's a pretty stubborn person, and she's never liked me.

(Because I 'caused her to get fat')

And I don't do enough work around the house to earn my keep even though I hardly ever eat, I always cook and clean, and buy my own clothes.

I even pay rent. (Well... it's more of I pay for my internet, phone and cable usage... Even if I don't really use that much.)

But still, I don't complain. I know life's hard on her right now with Dad overseas and stuff.

But he's no better. He just sent me the worlds most threatening e-mail.

And he's NOT one I can sit down and have a conversation with... He's military...

And suggestions for him?

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces